"Collector's box" In Gold Steam Package?

Liam

Reaction score
Umm what is that?

The new list of what's in the gold package contains a "Half-Life Collector's box".

Is that the CE retail box?
Is there anything in it?
Is it just a box for all the other stuff they send?
What?

No its different to the CE box. The Vivendi CE Box gives you a T-Shirt and a Sampler of the guide, not the complete guide as in the Steam Gold.

The Gold 'Collectors box' on steam is stuff sent to you by Mail, and comes with all the stuff listed, plus DOD source & HL1 Source, which, if I remember rightly, dont come with the CE retail package.

The Steam versions wont come with a 'Hard' copy of the game (DVD or CD) as this would break the contract with VU over distribution rights (Valve are only allowed to sell the game 'Online' so to speak)

hehe, Valve are really sticking it to VU :LOL:

There's nothing extra in it (apart from the already listed items)?

Was hoping they'd put the DVD in there. ;(

look again...the steam gold edition lists all the individual items you get with it...I don't think they are listing the shipping container...

T.H.C.138 said:
look again...the steam gold edition lists all the individual items you get with it...I don't think they are listing the shipping container...

What are you suggesting if it's not the box you get the other stuff in?

HL: S is coming with the CE. The only thing I care about that I don't get, is DOD: S but I'll get that any ways.

T.H.C.138 said:
Right. It must be some 'cool' Hl2 themed box, which the crap comes in (but of course, comes in yet another box).

And it better be f'n cool for my $90 f'n dollars!

a question regarding sourced up games....
will TFC:S HL:S etc.. be available to DL for free later or will you need to buy it?

*shrugs* I'll wait for confirmation; Cliffe might just reply to me if I'm lucky.

Bah, who am I kidding...? I couldn't get a Steam package even if I wanted to, $90 box or no $90 box...

Edcrab said:
*shrugs* I'll wait for confirmation; Cliffe might just reply to me if I'm lucky.

Bah, who am I kidding...? I couldn't get a Steam package even if I wanted to, $90 box or no $90 box...

;(

Well, let us know...

WOW. Gold now includes the CE box?

I am getting the hell ripped off out of me.

it aint the CE box i dont think

i think it will just be a nice injected mould plastic case with "hl2" plastered all over it, and will act as somewhere to keep all your hl2 stuff (or a drug stash...which ever floats your boat)

Straight from Cliffe himself: Just the box for souvenir purposes. What the realists already expected.

hmmm what box?

A box with no CD in the slot? lol?

This thread is confusing the hell out of my unbelievably excited mind (I just found out about the release). Will the gold release include a physical box for the game similar to the box you get if you buy the game in a store?

Hmm .. I still think I'm going for the silver version .. I'm having a hard time deciding though.

bam23 said:
WOW. Gold now includes the CE box?

I am getting the hell ripped off out of me.

LOLOL hahha anyone who pays $90 for that has.... after several deletes I decided not to flame, but damn, that's 90fckindollars!! for a t-shirt and a book and a box!

Well... it is a collectors edition. At least I think that´s what Valve are aiming at. Some people just like collecting game-related stuff. Like me, I bought Max Payne 2 twice since my brother went and spilled coffee all over the game the same day I bought it. That´s how strongly I feel about game packages.

Now gold gets a case as well,
hell why not through in the DVD as well! I mean, it would just **** those of us going retail even more...

The collector's box appears to be what they ship the Gold goodies in. There's a picture of it on the Browse Games section of Steam.

It's nothing like the box a game would come in.

There is just an empty box in the Gold package, for those who like to put their boxes on their shelves. You can put your backups or T-shirt or whatever you want in there.

The Gold Edition Collectors Box, is not the same as the Collectors Box Edition. It's just an included empty box. For geeks like me who want it all.

That box looks excelent. Seems like gold for me, + maybe "Raising The Bar". If only the shipping charges to Finland are kept reasonable. 73 euros isn´t that bad to pay for a game. I´m just worried what the final price will be.

About the box-I swear we've seen it before in a photo of the Valve offices. Can someone find that photo with the shelf with all the HL2 boxes?

Those postcards and posters look extremely disappointing. I want quality exclusive content, not just something that's been slapped together by the marketing department using existing media.

Why couldn't all of that stuff be in the "on-the-shelf" version of the collector's edition?

Craziness, put in the full strategy guide at least

The DVD is still the only reason I'm going for it

Back