Color perception

Why does this look like it's going to be a pop-out.

Edit: Hmm, I guess not. Those are pretty cool. Especially 3.

I took my chances. Pretty cool. Most of 'em old.

First and second ones I've seen before, the third illusion was pretty amazing though.

Its not one of the gay scarey thigns
And number 3 is crazy :O

That is actually amazing.. the first 2 I could see, but the last one :|

I don't get the third one. I don't see a difference with and without the mask.

Pretty incredible alright, but I have no illusions about how unperceptive of reality our brains can be :)

What the hell, even with the mask the cross pieces on the third one look different.

Put them in paint, they're identical
(The mask doesnt cover all of the shading colors, so the effect is still taking place)

Ikerous said:
Put them in paint, they're identical
(The mask doesnt cover all of the shading colors, so the effect is still taking place)

Well, on my version of paint they're different. The one on the right being a lighter shade. It's difficult to see really since the pieces are shaded. If they were constant it would be easier to prove it with paint.

mortiz said:
Well, on my version of paint they're different. The one on the right being a lighter shade. It's difficult to see really since the pieces are shaded. If they were constant it would be easier to prove it with paint.

They're the same... check the RGB values.

And here's another cool illusion:

http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/mot_rotsnake/

ComradeBadger said:
That is actually amazing.. the first 2 I could see, but the last one :|
Same. They should have made the mask a bit bigger so it's just black...

It's funny too how you can buy the illusion if you want it offline, when all you'd have to do is rip it from the temporary internet files.

Lex Luthor said:
It's funny too how you can buy the illusion if you want it offline, when all you'd have to do is rip it from the temporary internet files.
Or go straight to the swf file and go file save -_-
Yea, i love sites that do that.
JibJab did that when they were popular

Back