Colt M4A1

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
just practicing some low polly weapons.. the colt has got just under 2000... im not to sure if i like the grip i might redo it.

Attachments

• colt.jpg
    colt.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 387
different view

Attachments

• colt.jpg
    colt.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 341
ops soz put same one up twice

Attachments

• colt2.jpg
    colt2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 368
The front grip needs work, and the coolingchamber seems large. Otherwise, looks good.

where the front grip meets the barrel or whatever, it looks kind of funny. It might be right ( im no expert on m4s or whatever) Back looks good, front looks good. Maybe a little more detail in area under the sight and above the trigger (unless too many polies already, or nothing goes there normally ). Other than that, good job! :)

yeah the handle coming from the cooling chamber definately needs to be remade. it look like it's a seperate mesh stuck on the main mesh. you want to try to make the entire gun from a single mesh. it's makes Unwrapping and skinnign easier plus it drastically redices poly count. Good job though

every thing is to scale.. i thought the "Cooling chamber" was to large but thats how big it is on the pic i found

Makes you wonder... Is it a scope attached to a weapon, or a weapon attached to a scope? :)

lol true :D:D i think i might make the scope it will be cool hehe

Dang, eagle eyes... plus it shoots stuff too!

Aside from attaching the handle in the front, it's looking good.

HiroProtaganist by one mesh do you mean to join it all to gether as one object (im a bit of a n00b) because most of the model is made of seprate parts.. i made it all in sections and then just moved it all into place... and also i have never done any skinning so i dont really know how the process works, i mean i can sod a round with materials. make some shiny colours and stuff but have never made a texter and applyed it to an object

this is all the different bits.. if this isnt the best way to go about modeling tell me and how to do it proply... only just started really

lmfao i would say the scope is a weapon. Hit somone with that and they are sure to die. Get rid of the m4 and model the scope to beat people round the head with. LOL!

Its an alright model, I think it looks weird because its not skinned. Dunno.

no by one mesh i mean take the coolig chamber make cuts and use chamfer verticied to create the cylindrical shape of the handle then extrude out pushing and pullng vertices to get the correct shape of the handle. thats an oversimplified explanation of what i meant.

ok ok.. cool i wasnt sure if you ment make the hole model in one mesh

it is possible to make the gun from one mesh but extremely difficult. i would suggest using one mesh to make the receiver/grip/stock/rail/scope and another mesh to create the cooling chamber/handle/that cone shaped thing where teh receiver comes into the cooling chamber/barrel/front sight.

ill give it a go on me next model see if it comes out ne better

dude, i think ur sight needs work, its just a side render, it has no accutaul sight dude.

Back