• C&C Red Alert

Votes: 45 37.8%
  • C&C Tiberian Sun

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • C&C Red Alert 2

Votes: 31 26.1%
  • C&C Generals

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • C&C Tiberian Dawn (Original Command and Conquer)

Votes: 19 16.0%

• Total voters
It was an online only game were you only had one unit. You upgraded your unit by killing other players. And I can't remember the rest.

Feath said:
It was an online only game were you only had one unit. You upgraded your unit by killing other players. And I can't remember the rest.

That would kinda suck. Now anyway.

That's because it sucked.

what's happening with ra 3 ? or maybe c & c 3 (tiberian twilight) ?

C&C Red Alert 2 was the superior competitive multiplayer game.

Red Alert had focused development trees and an overall better story progression system.

Regardless of the rendering choice for Red Alert 2, it was a more balanced and refined game.

Although I will always prefer the super weapons of RA1.

Kirovs! Man, you were unstoppable with kirovs. I think I must of completed all of the Soviet campaign using kirovs.

Although... blasted Yuri and his gatling towers. *shakes fist*

destrukt said:
what's happening with ra 3 ? or maybe c & c 3 (tiberian twilight) ?

There's a C&C game in development. Expect an announcement soon. It's a bit....different, though.

thanks to this thread... ive just realised..... ive bought every C&C game in existence except the tiberian sun expansion :\

Pi Mu Rho said:
There's a C&C game in development. Expect an announcement soon. It's a bit....different, though.

it best not be one of those games that come out and only the best PCs out at the time can run it :(:(
*the IBM supercomputer crew plays new C&C game*
ive just upgrading from my 4 year old pc, so now im only 1 year behind :(:(:(

Well, it's going to have the system requirements of a modern-engined game.

Red Alert was always my favourite. It perfected what the original C&C started

Pi, any linkage to news on this new game?

Not really, it's all.....unofficial :)

Pi Mu Rho said:
Not really, it's all.....unofficial :)

er, How did you know there was going to be a new game?

There has been rumours of Tiberium Twilite and RA3 for ages.
BTW, where is Kane in RA?

15357 said:
er, How did you know there was going to be a new game?

Because I know people.

ríomhaire said:
BTW, where is Kane in RA?

In the Soviet cutscenes, mainly at the end

Red Alert 2 was my favourite, partially because it was overdone, and partially because it was just so much fun to play. And it was actualy released at a point where i actually began to become a *real* gamer, instead of someone who liked to play Red Alert (which, surprisingly enough, i was good at - really good at, despite being... i dunno, 8 or 9?) but knew nothing about the storyline.

Damn Soviet Disc... got it scratched and never finished the soviet storyline.

Oh well...

/EDIT and Generals would get my second vote, despite not actually being a C&C game... i just love multiplayer.

Yuri was better than Kane. Fact. *runs aways from flames*

Kane is better than anyone in the world. FACT.

Plus I've got his autograph :)

Theres several sites with details about the new C&C. Google it. I just tryed, however, as I've forgotten the link my freind gave me. I stumbled across 'The Aftermath' which is an expansion for RA1 which I've never heard about.

There's bugger all information about the new C&C. RA3 was announced last year (I think), but the executive producer and some other senior staff all "left" that project.
There's some information going round about the games that Westwood had in development before they were closed down - Contiuum, which was a C&C-themed MMOG and Battlefields, which was an RTS/FPS hybrid. These were canned, along with the prototyped Tiberian Twilight when EA shut the studio down.

Whoever said RA2 shall die a painful death. RA is the one and only.

Red Alert 1 rules all. It just had the best atmosphere and the best missions overall.

I loved it so much that I even started making a few maps for it when I was much younger and it was before any level editors were released. It was pretty complicated creating triggers and adding buildings through text editors alone.

Red Alert.

Liked Red Alert 2 too since it was so comical but stemming from a historical context.

Enjoyed playing Tiberium games, but didn't enjoy the storyline so much (kane is god though).

Generals was ok, I lost interest much quicker than the others though, but maybe that's because I'm getting old.

I laughed so hard when I saw the photo of Yuri drinking tea with Stalin in RA2, I don't know why, I just did.

Pi Mu Rho said:
There's bugger all information about the new C&C. RA3 was announced last year (I think), but the executive producer and some other senior staff all "left" that project.
There's some information going round about the games that Westwood had in development before they were closed down - Contiuum, which was a C&C-themed MMOG and Battlefields, which was an RTS/FPS hybrid. These were canned, along with the prototyped Tiberian Twilight when EA shut the studio down.

My bad, thats the one I was thinking of.

Red Alert was my fav. :thumbs:
Back when I played WC2 and TA. =p

C&C Red Alert

But

C&C Tiberian Sun,firestorm is real close!

Raziel-Jcd said:
C&C Red Alert

But

C&C Tiberian Sun,firestorm is real close!
I hate the jugernaught :bonce:. Good story though.

GODDAMNIT I WANT TO PLAY THESE AGAIN....shit, I liked C&C and NODvsGDI...i thought it was nifty. ...I still hate you all for making me dig out my dusty games.

Hmm, tricky... First off not general for two main reasons. 1. Its not a C&C damn it! Its more like War craft: war on terror (not that war craft is bad but it's not C&C damn it!) and the second is the total lack of FMVs.

I want to vote for Tiberian Sun partly for being fun but mostly for being the last "true" C&C game. Back in the days when weapons were (kinda) within reason and before Westwood had become entirley corrupted and/or shut down by EA. And when we still had a relitivly gritty storyline and FMVs. But I wont just because its the end of the era.

Red Alert 2. Well, it was good, fun and great to play. But It distanced the RA time stream from the Tiberian one (RA was origianlly made to explore the events leading upto the discovery of tiberiam). It was good and we did have leuitenat Zofia. but that is not enough.

C&C: it started it all and was great. It's gameplay is still the benchmark RTS games are measured from today (by me at least). However, It still has it's problems and for that reason I must choose:

Command and Conquer: Red Alert. This game, and it's expansion packs, have it all. Mammoth tanks, Kane, giant ants, one of the best sound tracks that a game ever had... This has to be the one for me.

C&C: it started it all and was great. It's gameplay is still the benchmark RTS games are measured from today (by me at least).
I would say now days its Starcraft that games get mostly benchmarked by.
I mean it and Wc3 and going at it in the most online played RTS Game. Each getting up to 120,000+ at times and averaging 40 - 80,000.

Axyon said:
Nothing can ever beat Command and Conquer: Red Alert. That game was God. I liked Red Alert 2, but it was far too colourful and cartoony for my liking... Red Alert had that fantastic gritty feel to it, and Frank Klepacki's tunes were in their peak at that time - Bigfoot, Crush, Hellmarch, oh the memories.

You forgot Command and Conquer on the poll, by the way.

Man... I remember when I was like 11 or 12 and I picked it up at a thrift store. I was like, "Hey nana it has a helicopter on it and it's shooting a tank, it must be awesome!" And boy... it was awesome.

From then on I became a fanboy of all C&C games not made by EA. Westwood pwned EA at making the best RTS games. I wish SOMEONE would make a C&C-style RTS... I WANT IT. Not that crappy "make a bulldozer and build crap" that was pioneered by Starcraft...

Played every one of 'em when they were just released. Large amounts of pwnage later I started Generals and I was sorely dissappointed; my only confidence in EA had slipped away into the bowels of Evil. :(

EA officially sucks.
Renegade was probably the one I enjoyed most, because I can't remember how much pwnage the original one was :(

Back