Community Competition

Are you interested in a community competition (to win prizes)?

• Yes!

Votes: 97 82.9%
  • No!

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Don't Know!

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters
heh, I think we should have a HL2.net UT2k4 or CS Tourney... We are all gamers right?

Six Three said:
heh, I think we should have a HL2.net UT2k4 or CS Tourney... We are all gamers right?
I was thinking about planning a friendly after the first competition for CS (it's a game that ALL of us have so ALL can participate if they wish). Staff vs. Members or maybe just a members tournament.

Chris_D said:
I was thinking about planning a friendly after the first competition for CS (it's a game that ALL of us have so ALL can participate if they wish). Staff vs. Members or maybe just a members tournament.

Why not have a CS tournament as the main tourney, but then on the side have a regular HLDM? That is always great fun, especially with friends.

But what about TFC?

Everyone forgets about TFC!

I still think something based in source world would be sweet... like teams using manipulators to create buildings out of crates'n'shit for an architecture award.

If it was going to be a tourney i'd vote for something NS-based.

Eejit said:
I still think something based in source world would be sweet... like teams using manipulators to create buildings out of crates'n'shit for an architecture award.

This is supposed to be immediate. Can't wait till HL2.

oh, ok. missed that bit. Oh well.

Hmm, a competition to make up a new motto for the site?

if it would be a game lets hope its not cs, everything but that, NS TS ESF TFC whatever!
NS would be gr8, strategic an stuff :) staff vs members :D

We may well have a gaming tourney or community league at some point but thats not what I'm talking about for the moment / have been asked about :)

CS is too lame and boring, we should have a UT2k4 Onslaught tourney, would be great fun...

You guys are way too sour about people suggesting that this be a game competition. Its not like you are limited to one, why not try several? Like, art one week, writing another, and gaming another. Something like that. Or you could even do them at the same time, how hard would it be to organize all that? I guess it would be pretty tricky, but there are lots of people here and they could help out.

Anyway, I think that Sourceworld should have a competition section in it, doing whatever. That'd be cool.

just to say... i made a small , unofficial general gaming competition thread, to see if anyone wants to do something like this...

its only a test, i just want to see if people will respond to one or if it will be left untouched.

The reason i did this was because, basically, no-one seemed interested in hosting one.

Maybe if we get lots of responses, a moderator could make one every week... just a thought!!!

we'll see what happens, anyway.

There will soon be an e-mail address set up which will allow you to send competition ideas to us.

An update on the official competitions:
We're hoping that we'll be starting the first sometime during this month or at the start of next month. One sponsor seems as though it has fallen through, but we may have another one.

More details soon :)

Fat Tony! said:
Who doesnt like prizes :p. Who voted no? :eek:
There's always a few that have to spoil it for people :rolleyes:

I can't imagine a particular reason why people wouldn't want prizes... If we ever host big competitions, I'm quitting the staff for a few weeks so I can enter :E

well.. id just like to sat that the gaming competition test fell flat on its face... and it was the easiest idea i could think of... i dont think people can really be bothered... oh well, maybe it will look more appealing if it is official and set up by a mod...

Suicide42, the general gaming forum is one of our lesser used forums. Also the thread wasn't officially endorsed (i.e. it wasn't made a sticky) and so it was left to its own devices and it always dies eventually. Also due to the fact that there was no motivation for people to enter (i.e. prizes etc.) so that would have decreased the interest. The weekly art contest, regrerabaly has the same problems and that's even officially endorsed.

With our contests they won't be forum dependant. There'll hopefully be a mass e-mail sent out to all forum members, the full details will be posted on the main site, we'll leave full information on the forums and there will be prizes to win too. Don't feel downhearted about your plan not working. We'll certainly consider any plan you have at all on the good workings of a competition; especially tasks for our competition entrants to do; so please e-mail us on [email protected] and we'll make sure we take note of your ideas. :)

:cheers:

Following on from Chris and what I said earlier hosting a gaming tourney is something we could probably do and do well. Between us we've ran various leagues / cups for games before ... the stumbling block at the moment is servers. but it's certainly somethign I'd love to get stuck into again .. it'd be a whole new dimension to our community :)

But in the meantime the competition that myself and chris have cooked up should hopefully be of interest :)

Now that just rips the fun out of it.. how about a "sexist member of hl2.net" compo? I'm sure Badger would win as long as he ain't drunk!

Hot Soup said:
Following on from Chris and what I said earlier hosting a gaming tourney is something we could probably do and do well. Between us we've ran various leagues / cups for games before ... the stumbling block at the moment is servers. but it's certainly somethign I'd love to get stuck into again .. it'd be a whole new dimension to our community :)

But in the meantime the competition that myself and chris have cooked up should hopefully be of interest :)

Nah, servers wouldn't be a problem. A lot of clans have their own servers so I'm sure there'd likely be at least one server between 2 clans that could be used, and if not, then other clans could offer to lend their server for the match etc.

PS, :bounce:

Back