compile error

Dario D.

Spy
Reaction score
When I try compiling, I get an error that says:

The procedure entry point CommandLine_Tier0 could not be located in the dynamic link library tier0.dll.

I tried running "Reset SDK Content", then running Hammer and saving the map again, but it still caused the error. Then I tried "Reset game Configurations" after looking it up online (and not finding good results), but it still did it.

Any ideas?

I did a google and forum search, but didn't find anything. Btw, I use a batch compiler; not Hammer directly.

And PLEASE don't tell me 'Reset Game Configurations' resets my keybinds for everything, and settings. I havent checked yet... :hmph:

Edit: it works in Hammer, but not my batch compiler. This started after this morning's mysterious, big Steam update. Do I have to perhaps adjust my batch settings? Maybe something to do with the new HDR lighting option when compiling?

I am getting the same error when trying to compile models, drag and drop a .qc file on studiomdl.exe and this error pops up 4 times, with a "Bad Command : {" error in the dos box. Same when using "cannonfodder's" StudioCompiler.exe
Looks like the most recent update is to blame here because I have been compiling models all week until this last update.

Attachments

• studiomdl_error.jpg
    studiomdl_error.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 228
Yeah, that's the one I get. I dont get it when compiling within Hammer though. Very strange.

I just preloaded Episode1 after that, also, and for a while, HL2DM was saying "preloaded", and I couldn't launch it. :rolleyes:

Ah, cool, thanks.

I also hope the update fix comes soon. I imagine there are a lot of people in the dark right now, wondering what's going on.

I just wanted to comment that I tried it, but it didn't work entirely. The Hammer wireframe views turned black, and the second suggestion in the Wiki didn't fix it. :O

My video card is a GeForce 6600 GT (AGP), with 128mb RAM. A comment on the Wiki said someone was having trouble with 6600 cards not displaying displacement maps properly (alpha was inverted), but my problem is that the viewports can't recover from being black.

I have no problems myself, mapping for HL2, although I feel that VALVe really should get a fix happening because this aint really nivce to the community.

Has Valve fixed this yet? I still have the same problems.

Back