Condition Zero...

StickFigs

Reaction score
If you own CS retail will you be able to just download CS:CZ without having to buy it?

no, I think you will have to pay for it

CZ is a standalone product, compare BlueShift to HL, it's that type of deal.

CZ used to be a single player story game, where you'd go through different regions and fight Terrorists.. now it's all about fighting bots, earning points, and buying new bots.. sounds kinda lame compared to the original, but we'll see

On the plus side, some of the single player story mode WILL be included in CZ

you will be able to play multiplayer with the cz people, just that u wont have the single player stuff

Originally posted by gantrithor_5
Better make this at least partially related fast guys :D

uhhh.. HL2 is gonna rock? :cheese:

Originally posted by Shuzer
uhhh.. HL2 is gonna rock? :cheese:
What I do in these situations, is relate it to HL2 even if it ends up sounding stupid.

For example: Guys, is it normal if I haven't grown pubic hair yet? I'm 20 BTW.

Now to relate that to HL2, well that's the simple part:
I'm sure if HL2 came out it would make me into a man for sure! Who's with me? HL2 is gonna rock!

CZ used to be a single player story game, where you'd go through different regions and fight Terrorists.. now it's all about fighting bots, earning points, and buying new bots.. sounds kinda lame compared to the original, but we'll see

Yeah, that version of CZ looked SWEET. I was just thinking about this the other day. I had a video of CZ where like they had awesome guns, really high poly models, and really detailed maps. I remeber there was one part were a mexian terrorist like pushed this white guy in the mud and he said "trezio no mas" i think. I also remember ppl had like rocket launchers and you would like blow up parts of the map and they would crumble. That would have been fun to play. You had like a team and stuff and you could drag dead bodies away. That seemed alot more appealing to me (maybe cause I'm a tatical nut) than the CZ I saw at the csnation preview. No way in hell I'll buy CZ if it's just about playing against bots. Whoopdy crap, I can go play CS online right now.

Originally posted by staddydaddy
Yeah, that version of CZ looked SWEET. I was just thinking about this the other day. I had a video of CZ where like they had awesome guns, really high poly models, and really detailed maps. I remeber there was one part were a mexian terrorist like pushed this white guy in the mud and he said "trezio no mas" i think. I also remember ppl had like rocket launchers and you would like blow up parts of the map and they would crumble. That would have been fun to play. You had like a team and stuff and you could drag dead bodies away. That seemed alot more appealing to me (maybe cause I'm a tatical nut) than the CZ I saw at the csnation preview. No way in hell I'll buy CZ if it's just about playing against bots. Whoopdy crap, I can go play CS online right now.

Guess what got leaked along with HL2 beta? The single player CZ.. :) I won't admit to DLing it, but I must say, if you plan on buying CZ, you might as well DL that, it's really a shame it'll never see the light of day.. it's got the high poly weapons/models, and all that scripted stuff, all the missions, lotta fun (err.. not that I'd know :angel:)

I wanna' play that version that you have, Shuzer. I think my friend's got it. (I've got 56gay... err, I mean 56k, no way in hell I'd attempt to download that, lol)

I'll ask him how it plays and see if he'll maybe let me play it... on his computer of course ;).

Guess what got leaked along with HL2 beta? The single player CZ.. :) I won't admit to DLing it, but I must say, if you plan on buying CZ, you might as well DL that, it's really a shame it'll never see the light of day.. it's got the high poly weapons/models, and all that scripted stuff, all the missions, lotta fun (err.. not that I'd know :angel:)
Call me slow but I haven't slept in forever. Are you saying that the version I was talking about got leaked? And are you saying that this version will never be released?

Originally posted by staddydaddy
Call me slow but I haven't slept in forever. Are you saying that the version I was talking about got leaked? And are you saying that this version will never be released?

yes and yes

While everyone had assumed that Ritual, who made that incarnation of the game, was finished and VALVe was polishing it, they switched developers for a fourth time. And scrapped Ritual's single player work.

So, the one that got leaked is the single player. The one that is coming out isn't a objective-driven single player, as more of a bot challenge.

You really need to make some more HL related boards besides that grab-bag vararity pack of an off-topic.

You can download Condition Zero with the mod or the retail. It wouldn't come out as Condition Zero, but more weapons and models would be included as Counter-Strike patch 1.7, 1.8 and so on slowly. No single-player included unless you buy that game.

You can play Condition Zero together with a Counter-Strike player, even though the Condition Zero had full weapons support. The server will disallow extra weaponries/models from CZ. Instead, it will suit CS players more.

Oh, in case you don't know. Counter-Strike will remain free to download online.

I don't think so... I thought it was still being made by the CS team but maybe I'm wrong

Originally posted by Shift
You can download Condition Zero with the mod or the retail. It wouldn't come out as Condition Zero, but more weapons and models would be included as Counter-Strike patch 1.7, 1.8 and so on slowly. No single-player included unless you buy that game.

You can play Condition Zero together with a Counter-Strike player, even though the Condition Zero had full weapons support. The server will disallow extra weaponries/models from CZ. Instead, it will suit CS players more.

Oh, in case you don't know. Counter-Strike will remain free to download online.

CZ has no new weapon models, or player models. They have reskinned basic maps such as dust, italy, etc, but that's about it. (They were going to have new weapon/player models, but according to VALVe, the player models were buggy.. but Ritual disagrees)

Also, the maps included in CZ aren't currently planned to be released to the public, but VALVe is considering it. The bots included in CZ will be CZ only.

Originally posted by The Bear
I don't think so... I thought it was still being made by the CS team but maybe I'm wrong

Nope! CZ has gone through 4 developers, none of which were the original CS team.

Originally, CZ was handed over to Gearbox, probably the best developer for it. They had many awesome weapons set up, with new player models, and maps. Plus, they had options such as co-op single player and extra bonuses ("tony hawk" style gameplay) if you completed certain tasks in a certain way, and so on, by far, the best out of the four developers for CZ.

Next came Raven, not sure what they had planned, since they never showed much/any of their work.

After Raven came Ritual, Ritual had done some nice work. 18 (19?) single player missions, with new weapon models, player models, animations, hud, sounds, and more. However, the CS community flamed CZ from one end of the earth to the other for being mediocre, and ugly. They all demanded a "tony hawk" style gameplay.

Then, once Ritual had finished up around May of this year, they handed it over to VALVe, ready to publish. VALVe never said much about it, and ended up hiring a fourth developer, Turtle Rock Studios. Basically, TRS' CZ is nothing like any of the other 3, as it's bot-match on regular maps (although reskinned, and about as good as you can get on the HL engine). You get allies, who are bots, and you fight other bots. Doing certain stuff, such as using a Five Seven and scoring 3 headshots (for example), will earn you points to "purchase" better bots for teammates. Ritual's single player work (or some of it, anyway) is to be included in TRS' CZ as "delete scenes", go figure.

So there you have it, the history of CZ :)

Originally posted by Yatta
What I do in these situations, is relate it to HL2 even if it ends up sounding stupid.

For example: Guys, is it normal if I haven't grown pubic hair yet? I'm 20 BTW.

Now to relate that to HL2, well that's the simple part:
I'm sure if HL2 came out it would make me into a man for sure! Who's with me? HL2 is gonna rock!

Wait... that's NOT normal?

Back