Cookie & Milk contest (2D or 3D)

The Dark Elf said:
Worley is brilliant, every plugin is useful. Just realised late last night that version 1.5 of FPrime had been released a short while ago, been playing with it this morning, soooo much faster, and improvements on how it deals with area shadows. I loves it!
Again, curse you and your money. On another note, i still recommend mucking around with Digital Confusion as it can give you some really cool effects.

dinnertableice19ns.jpg

Not bad considering i was only 14 at the time of this render

Thats a cool picture. Did you make all of the stuff in there?

ANd how old are you now?

I'm 18 now, and yeah i made all that stuff in there except the background, thats just a HDR probe.

Sparta said:
Again, curse you and your money. On another note, i still recommend mucking around with Digital Confusion as it can give you some really cool effects.

dinnertableice19ns.jpg

Not bad considering i was only 14 at the time of this render
But why would I want to use digital confusion when I have X-DOF2? its bigger, stable and better featured brother. Thats like using saslight over sasfull :)

oh and i didn't buy all the plugins at once (think about it, the worley ones alone cost a fortune.. for plugins) I spent years saving up and getting them now and again, downloading the free plugins and Lscripts between the bigger plugins, also reviewing some to get free copies. Just a shame so many are unusable with FPrime cause I seriously love that, I can't get over how fast it can render finished images.. Take that image you did there, FPrime could rattle that out at 2000x2000 full reflection and refraction, area shadows and AA in a few minutes. Regular LW render engine would take a good few hours to get the same level of quality.. If your gonna buy any plugin buy that one.

I want a photon mapping plugin,, expensive though :(.. good stuff though Fenric :p,

hmm..

list the plugins youve got, Im curious

I fear its a long list clarky. No, wait. I know its a long list.

clarky003 said:
I want a photon mapping plugin,, expensive though :(.. good stuff though Fenric :p,

hmm..

list the plugins youve got, Im curious
My plugin director, with just .p .ls .lsc files in it, is 163mb, 2,440 files, 325 folders.

I am so not going to list every single one I have lol. There are like, hundreds of freebie plugins and scripts out there www.flay.com for example has a huuuuuge list.

The best/biggest/most expensive ones though are all the worley plugins (taft, polk, fprime, sasquatch, gaffer, g2, disgust) and all the evasion3d plugins (meshpaint, spectrum, microwave, hypersmooth, x-dof, shadow designer) Then ones like Impact3, Napalm, NatureFX, HDPumpit, HD_Instance etc. Then as I say lots of freebie ones, mostly just things like improving tools, better extender tools, edge tools, improved bandsaw tools, symmetry tools and so on (get em all from flay.com) then there's a bunch of old inhouse plugins, mostly renderman related from way back, UV tools, converters and so on.

Render something with FPrime again and post the time it took to render it :E

Please.

Sparta what program did you use for your piece of artwork? lol :p

very good btw

Attachments

• Hand Cookies!.JPG
    Hand Cookies!.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 150
Lightwave 7 (I've got 7.5 now but back then it was 7).
TDE i just finished rendering something for school with Radiosity, that took an hour and 8 minutes without any AA, and its only 320x240 ;( . I seriously wanna know how fast you'd think Fprime could render something like this.

Attachments

• OneHour8mins.jpg
    OneHour8mins.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 154
Sparta said:
TDE i just finished rendering something for school with Radiosity, that took an hour and 8 minutes without any AA, and its only 320x240 ;( . I seriously wanna know how fast you'd think Fprime could render something like this.
sure.. but your not gonna like this mate :) Your gonna HATE me :)

after1minute.jpg

Exactly 1 minute.. 640x480, FIVE radiosity bounces.

I gave up waiting for LW's renderer to do the same scene :p

Edit: Send me your model file oyu used and I'll render it out in FPrime for you as a better example.

Sparta said:

cheers mate :thumbs:

You guys are kinda taking over the topic with 'plug-in's' lol.

And that pic is kinda weird Ranga...

MikeL15 said:
You guys are kinda taking over the topic with 'plug-in's' lol.

And that pic is kinda weird Ranga...
yeah I know.. I'm thinking we should have a thread or section or something just for discussing the more advanced side of 3D, since people are gonna need to learn that if they want to do better textures and models anyway.. Leave the current model section for the beginners and the low poly work while we all discuss our posh toys :D

Garfield_ said:
TDE your models looks 100% real :O

hehe thanks, but now i feel bad for picking on your girl threads :) :p

The Dark Elf said:
sure.. but your not gonna like this mate :) Your gonna HATE me :)

after1minute.jpg

Exactly 1 minute.. 640x480, FIVE radiosity bounces.

I gave up waiting for LW's renderer to do the same scene :p

Edit: Send me your model file oyu used and I'll render it out in FPrime for you as a better example.
I hate you already man, i'm sure this will just make me more envious of your wonderful plug-ins. But oh well, i'm curious. I'll have to send it via email, so i'll PM you about that.

Sparta said:
I hate you already man, i'm sure this will just make me more envious of your wonderful plug-ins.

hehehe :p

But oh well, i'm curious. I'll have to send it via email, so i'll PM you about that.

building0.jpg

building1.jpg

incase anyone else using lightwave without Fprime is curious. Rendered in a couple or so minutes, top image was at twice the size + area light (any lightwavers know what a bitch those are to use normally) yeah I know, no reflection in the first one.. I didn't realise it had any :p

http://www.worley.com/cool/FPrime_massive_lighting.avi worth watching.

New one from a friend... but it doesn't contain milk :(

Attachments

• darkside.png
    darkside.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 196
So... have I won or what? When does it end? And who chooses the winner?

Recoil said:
So... have I won or what? When does it end? And who chooses the winner?
no you havent. i vote the winner.
it ends now.
the winner is me.

edit: it took me about 7 seconds to render this in paint. beat that.

Attachments

• entry.JPG
    entry.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 148
Damn, yours is damn close to mine... :frown: this is gonna be exciting!

Back