Could you do it?

G

GodlessPagan

When you pick up your copy of HL2 (whether through Steam™ or in the stores), could you commit to playing HL1 Source™ ALL THE WAY THROUGH before you play HL2 or even watch the loading screen?

yes, dude thats what i'm gonna do....... full hardcore, i thought i made a poll about this

Hellz no. Wouldn't even try. But I played through HL1 earlier this year anywho.

anyone got a link that has the whole story ect. of half-life 1, so i can be ready for hl2?

Beaten hl1 to many times lol. right to hl2 for me.

hah! impossible... HL2 will be my top priority

7hoR said:
anyone got a link that has the whole story ect. of half-life 1, so i can be ready for hl2?
Sure,. just go to Steam -> Play Games -> Half-Life. You'll get the whole story that way.. and in the process, you'll get to play one of the best videogames ever made. How cool is that?

Best video game ever made...maybe 6 years ago. I don't personally like playing older games, I played a little bit of it, but never got back into it.

Thank you Dr. A

Depends on if HL:S comes out with Hl2 :x

For some reason I don't think it's quite done.

Since most of us (including myself) are answering "hell no!", how much money would somebody have to give you in order to play HL1:source in its entirety before you could get started on HL2?

My price point-$30

It would be really cool if they would release Half Life: Source BEFORE Half-Life 2 so that people like me that enjoy nice environments, textures, models, all of that goodness could enjoy playing Half-Life 1 more.

koncept said:
yes, dude thats what i'm gonna do....... full hardcore, i thought i made a poll about this

THAT'S the SPIRIT!!!

HELL YEEEEEEAH!!!

Just watch "Half Life in 45min", that got me excited about HL2

I played opposing forces the other day right through in one hit was so fun... I thought it was even better then half-life itself... it has a lot of stuff that’s in hinted in HL2 that I didn’t realise till the other day... you will pickup on them little things once you play it...

From watching videos of HL2 and then playing OF I can see a similar style in game play with them two games...

So yeah if I upgrade to the silver pack I will defiantly play HL Source first and then HL2... and plus who knows maybe valve will add some bonus stuff in it…

f|uke said:
Yah, I just find these guys comin in to play HL2 without bein willing to play through HL1 really, really weak.

Its like watching Empire Strikes Back without ever seeing Star Wars.

well, the thing is...I've never completed HL1 myself and im playing it now *flee*

I have played through halflife in a single sitting 5 times. My second time through was 1 sitting, I played through counter-life(hl with cs weapons) in 1 sitting, I played through it again with the high def pack from blue shift all the way at a lan, then 2 more times since.

Yes, I intend to play through it again if I do indeed buy silver(the jurry is still out on if thats a deal). I'll try to set a record or something...

Hey, speaking of that, does anyone know the record for playing through the origonal halflife?

*edit* just saw the 45 minute post... I'm gunna try it.

i think fileplanet has them done fast hl vids think there is 2...

I just played Counter-Life before Summer.

No, I will play Half-Life 2 first, then maybe a couple weeks later play HL:S.

Edit: If HL:S is released before HL2, then I will definitely play it first.

Easily. Half-Life is a sublime experience. One of the best out there.

If Half-Life: Source isn't released before Half-Life 2, then I'll play the original regardless.

Essentially so I time it and specifically they both interconnect, i.e. as soon as I complete Half-Life again, then the time has arrived to unlock Half-Life 2 and carry on where the story left off.

It'll enhance the immersion.

Nope. The only way i'll play half life source is if it was released before Half Life 2.

I did that with Max Payne 2, Max 1 first.... but even though Max 2 is one of the most enjoyable games I've played, its no HL2. So no, I'll play HL2 first.

Wow.

That is all I can say as of right now is wow.

I watched that 45 minute video, and that guy deserves mad props. That took a lot of time and skill, and again wow. At least I got to see the whole game now. Once again, very nice job :eek:

I would definately try to play through HL1: Source before HL2, but I probably won't be able to manage it. If HL:S came out before Hl2... then... yes, I would... but otherwise the temptation would be too great!

YamatoTwinkie said:
Since most of us (including myself) are answering "hell no!", how much money would somebody have to give you in order to play HL1:source in its entirety before you could get started on HL2?

My price point-$30
$1100
haha :smoking:

I am not sure too much about hlsource, but i would think it would be a nice idea to maybe release that at least a few days ahead of hl2, giving the people (i dont konw why there is any in the world) that havnt played hl1 to get the whole effect that it did on all of us 5 years ago. quick question, is there a site that shows hlsource screenshots, and if so, is it running JUST like hl2, i mean i understand it has some source engine changes, but will it look just like hl2, all those characters remodled....everything.

It was already hell for me to try to beat HL1 the first time. (I finally beat it without cheating a few months ago.)

Since I'm getting the normal package in stores, I really don't need a refresher course on the HL story. and HL: Source doesn't really bring anything new to the table like CS: Source does.

Although I might play HL1 again once it finally goes gold. :p

I'd rather play the fully patched regular HL1 again, than play the (probably) buggy HL1:S before I start with HL2.

+ the regular HL1 is already on your comp and you can play it right now, unless you haven't bought it in the 6 years it's been out, but then I ask, what are you doing here?

I'll definatly check it out tho

i couldnt control myself...been waitting all these years ive played HL1 many times so...id immediatly play HL2 :)

no, as I finished playing through Half-Life just the other day.

I haven't actually owned a copy of Half-Life for several years, so the first thing I did when I purchased the silver package on Steam was play through the single-player mode again. Obviously I wouldn't put off HL2 to play the new Source version, but the game is still entertaining enough to tempt me into another play-through soon after the sequel is done with, to see the changes.

I wonder if they've modified any of the scripted sequences, or added anything.

Back