Couldn't Take It Anymore

7hoR

Reaction score
I decided to get Half-Life Silver through Steam instead of waiting for it in retail.

I really did want the box, but all of my friends bought it through Steam and are playing Counter-Strike: Source.

I would rather start having fun now by playing Counter-Strike: Source with all of my friends, AND have the opportunity to have Half -Life: Source and Day of Defeat: Source and have Half-Life 2 Pre-Loaded onto my PC. Not to mention I don't really feel I need to support the devil aka Vivendi by purchasing the game retail :devil:

i wish i cud buy it on steam ... got no credit card :(

y dident thay add paypal lol

They will add be adding it soon, although I know it must suck not to be able to have it now jungle

7hoR said:
They will add be adding it soon, although I know it must suck not to be able to have it now jungle

realy! thay adding paypal ... wicked!
dident know that thx m8

Who gives a crap about a box anyways man, all it will do is sit in a drawer. What use is it? You didn't buy the game for the box, and after all it will just sit there going "look at me I'm a box" and it's not something that will benefit you by owning it anyways. Besides, you can burn all your Source games onto DVD's anyways, along with a copy of Steam so upon fresh reinstall it's all there, just burn it on DVD and put it in a case with "Half Life 2/Steam" on a sticker on the front and there ya go, and you also just saved yourself a bunch of room in a drawer the box woulda been in.

alientank is right... i want a box but after all it'll just be there. i want to play source now...

What's this fetish with a fricking box? IT'S A PIECE OF CARDBOARD WITH ARTWORK ON IT.

All my boxes go into the garbage anyways, if there's a way to totally bypass that and get it instantly, you have my attention. :afro:

hell and if you really want a box so badly...make your own!!probably have better box art that way at least!!

;)

SubKamran said:
What's this fetish with a fricking box? IT'S A PIECE OF CARDBOARD WITH ARTWORK ON IT.

All my boxes go into the garbage anyways, if there's a way to totally bypass that and get it instantly, you have my attention. :afro:

People mainly get the box because there's a CD key on it that's always in their posession. When they don't have a hard copy, they tend to freak out thinking they might not be able to play it or something will happen upon trying to reinstall the game with a reformat, etc. But you can burn it all onto DVD's anyways, and as long as you remember your account name and password there's no CD key crap at all, and even if you forget your account name, you can always have it just send the account and password to your email account you registered it with anyways. That's a lot more convienient to me then having a damn box around and 6 cd's. Burn it all on DVD's and I'm happy. You could probably fit all of HL1 and it's 2 expansions, CS, DOD, and all of the HL2 stuff onto 2 DVD's anyways.

See.. all of those people claiming "ohh don't preload it if you aren't gonna buy it through Steam", well good call folks. :rolleyes:

I bought it through Steam after being a retail supporter, and by the sounds of it many others did too, so it was good to preload.

7hoR said:
I decided to get Half-Life Silver through Steam instead of waiting for it in retail.

I really did want the box, but all of my friends bought it through Steam and are playing Counter-Strike: Source.

I would rather start having fun now by playing Counter-Strike: Source with all of my friends, AND have the opportunity to have Half -Life: Source and Day of Defeat: Source and have Half-Life 2 Pre-Loaded onto my PC. Not to mention I don't really feel I need to support the devil aka Vivendi by purchasing the game retail :devil:
Trust me, you won't miss the box :)

I can wait..it's not like not getting HL2 right now is the end of the world...besides I'm too caught up in MK deception right now.

i just wudent mind geting it now as iv nether played any of the cs games so i think css wud be wicked for me

We'll personally i collect my games , keep the box's in mint condition . I also enjoy reading the manuals to find out as much info as possible , also what if (this would never happen tho) what if i one day wanted to sell my copy of hl2 i would get alot more for it if i had the box / manuals etc ;)

On that note , i bought Gold edition just so i can have something to hold onto! :rolling:

Why are boxes good? I'll tell you.
I have a collection of the boxes of my favorite games right here on my desk. It gives me great pleasure to look at them in times of great distress, such as during homework. These boxes include stuff like Deus Ex, Warcraft III, and the UT2004 collector's edition.

When I buy Half-Life 2, I will put the box front and center, adorn it with gold, and stare at it for 5 days straight.

That's right. You heard me.

Isen't HL2 the first game to be majorly distributed by the Net ?

Yea, I gave into steam too and went silver. It's worth it though now that i thought about it rationally. Not worth the wait for a 20 page manual. :-\

The ONLY thing standing between me and CS:S right now is $59.99! As soon as I get that, I am sitting down and playing CS:S for several hours straight. Shooting barrels and tires. Heh. :D

junglespider said:
i wish i cud buy it on steam ... got no credit card :(
y dident thay add paypal lol

I don't think they often give credit to people who can't spell. :)

7hoR said:
I decided to get Half-Life Silver through Steam instead of waiting for it in retail. I would rather start having fun now by playing Counter-Strike: Source with all of my friends, AND have the opportunity to have Half -Life: Source and Day of Defeat: Source and have Half-Life 2 Pre-Loaded onto my PC.

Good for you, man. Way to support Valve.

Glad to hear you're enjoying CS:S. See you in game!

-UnmarkedOne

Thanks UnmarkedOne ;)

If you can, PM me your Steam and MSN if you have it (I can't PM anyone for another day, 5 day rule)

I would buy it off steam but my internet is too crap. I would have to copy the data files off sum1 else but none of my friends have preloaded it yet.

I read acouple threads like this today and it made me switch over and buy silver. I am so glad i did, now i get two bonus games plus cs:s right now!

I should buy through steam but...

1) Dont have steam (I know where and how I just need a CD -key)
2) Dont have a credit card

Dito. I was going to buy the box. So should I wait and get box or play CS Source right now. er.....

Back