Countdown to Episode 1!

I looked around today. Shops is Cork all getting it on 2nd June. None told me a price but SiN: Emergence was €30 in one which s double the fecking Steam price. I do have a few old games I could trade in though.
Edit: I'll probably getting it on the 3rd, after everyone else is finished it D:. I guess I'll just avoid E1 and SP forums for 2 days D:

heheh, im going to start playing it on 3rd too =P because, well i have a class trip and thats when im gonna get back. Wonder how many people are going to have finished it.

Skip The Trip And Play The Game Noob!

Gerbil said:
Why June 1st, 11:43am CST? Isn't that a strange time? My clock is synced.

It is an odd time. It doesn't use your local clock, anyway. It looks like the script that generates the countdown is seeded with Valve's local time, that's filled in by the PHP script that generates the page. So either the clock on Valve's webserver is set wrong, or there's a bug in their code. The target release time is 10 AM Valve Time (PST, I think) according to the script.

Ill dissapear from the forums till i have finished it.
*cheers*:cheers:

:(

I won't :dork:

A large part of the HL2 experience (for me) was the hype and discussion surrounding it.

I will be able to play it on June 1 at about 6-7 pm here in Scotland.

03 Days, 19 Hours, 03 Minutes, 38 Seconds
I'm avoiding this section 'til then ;)

Ain't gonna get Ep1 untill 20th of June, so I guess I should stop visiting ANY game websites and forums to protect myself from spoilers :) Perhaps don't go online at all for a few weeks :p

ps - can any one loan ~16$? :p

Mr. COWmaster said:
It's almost here! I really want to see what upsets Alyx.
Don't count on it. Remember how this episode is going to focus mainly on Alyx.

Like THREE MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY FREKIN POO!!!
IM EXCITED

EDIT::

As of now: 2 days, 18 hours, 36 minutes, 25 seconds

SHH :p Be calm, untill 5 minutes untill its released.
Then we can go WLRAHHH!!!

The site's down...OMG!

Foreshadowing!

Another push back - i do doubt it but...

ZOMG! 01 Days, 05 Hours, 30 Minutes, 57 Seconds AAAAHH!!!

28 hours left, can't wait :)
Ep1 box is coming to me on friday, seems you guys get to play the game earlier, so I'm out of here until I play it at least three times :]

I find it bs that we have to wait till 1 pm eastern to play the game rather than a midnight release. EA is probably forcing them to release it at 1 so that gamers dont get to play it earlier than those getting it at the store.

Edit: Seems it is shipping the 1st, which means it will be in stores the 2nd. Makes it even more perplexing why we have to wait till 1.

I managed to do quite a lot of editing on the page, I removed a lot of the extra stuff, and only have the countdown script, and put in my old wallpaper image as well :)

kinggi said:
I find it bs that we have to wait till 1 pm eastern to play the game rather than a midnight release. EA is probably forcing them to release it at 1 so that gamers dont get to play it earlier than those getting it at the store.

Edit: Seems it is shipping the 1st, which means it will be in stores the 2nd. Makes it even more perplexing why we have to wait till 1.
Some people already have the store retail copy, they can't play it until it's unlocked. Everybody gets to play it at the same time.

Well for the majority in the USA, the 2nd is apparently when it will be in stores.

kinggi said:

Everyone plays at the same time. People who but it in the stores wont be able to play. It unlocks for everyone at the same time...

Raziel-Jcd said:
Everyone plays at the same time. People who but it in the stores wont be able to play. It unlocks for everyone at the same time...
yes, hear in ozz land we have to wait untill the 2nd.

I'll go get it tomorow i guess. Im off work. Call in sick :p
No seriously im off.

So about 4 pm GMT(5 summer time) it'll be unlocked? Ahwell had hoped for another early morning unlock but I suppose I can at least get some work done first.

Until about Sunday I hadn't even thought of it after I preloaded. Now I can't stop thinking about it. Even thought it hasn't been released yet the exitement is keeping me from studing for exams. Quick, tell me everything you know about E.E. Cummings and Marianne Moore.

I was hoping that it would be unlocked by 10 or 11 so I could play a little before class. Alas, that is not the case in the Ohio. I guess I will have to wait...

Hehe... cummings

Anyways,
DAMN YOU SHIPPING DAT EOF THE FIRST... DAMN YOOOOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid EBgames
theyre getting it on the second

0 days, 17 hours, 13 minutes and 33 seconds

EDIT:: Sorry for double post

P.s.
THIS IS ZERO HOUR PEOPLE!!!!

Just checked the site. No 30 days for me.
Still, that was a "sick" joke, VALVe. :cheese:

Back