Counter-Strike: Source Video

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
An official subscriber to the Valve Cyber Café Program, which some people will know as Albert222 from the Steam Powered forums, has been kind enough to give us this video of Counter-Strike: Source in action.[br]
[br]
I thought this video was particularly good at showing how the classic gameplay has been complimented by the latest graphics.[br]
[br]
The video weighs in at 18.7mb and shows you a glorious 1:28 of gameplay.[br]Albert222 is the owner of Game Player Station in New York City. The café has 21 machines, all currently with the Counter-Strike: Source beta activated on them.[br]
[br]
If you're in the New York City area, go check it out![br]
[br]
You can find more information about Game Player Station here.[br]
<span align="center"></span>​
[br]UPDATE: We apologise for any inconvenience, the links to the two videos will now be working. Thanks this time goes to our very own "almighty" (apparently) s1mmo for hosting these files.

That video is awesome, this game just looks so great!!!! Oh man, its just so damn sexy!!! I cant wait to play myself, this is awesome!!!!!!

Please stay tuned, I have a high res one coming your way soon :)

very nice vid!

is it me or has the movement speed been upped quite a bit?

also those two terrors in the end were a bunch of n00bs lol...

rofl, pwnd

but really, cs: s doesn't look that much better that regular cs. :(

lol at the end when he knifed those guys I wanted to hit "Y" and type, LMAO :cheese:

That tire rolling out was the greatest display of physics working with gameplay, so funny, I laughed out loud.

really want that high-res one, hopefully better soundquality too? :/

wanna hear the lovley grenade-explosions :D

edit: Btw, when you throw a grenade (dropping it, not throwing it so it explodes), how long do ya throw it?

if its not too short, you could probably throw it around a corner where you know the enemy are, and make them run (they maybe think its a FB or something so they turn around/run) and then you just run out there directly after youve dropped it, picking it up, and start the fraghunt? :)

NP ! NYCGPS (Albert222) here :D

Another Video coming, is diff than the first one, of course with my usual knifing style (I love to knife, thats why I suck at guns lol!)

Game Players Station
http://www.gameplayerstation.com
Officially Licsened Cyber Cafe in New York City

thats really cool thanks Chris_D! :eek: I like how that guy pushed the tire or w/e to stop him from coming around the corner. It wasnt very strategic, but you can very easiely make it work to your advantage.

I like the new looks of the weapons and the models. I love getting new model skins for my weapons in cs, and now hopefully people will start making really cool looking ones.

BTW, I havnt seen or heard anything about the hostages. I know in cz they try to escape, but are the upgraded in CS:S, becuase its a good idea, but they were too buggy. I also wonder if all the hostages look different.

I have a request for you all in the absence of an admin. Please use the new links attached to the news post rather than the one hosted at HL2.net. It is causing us problems due to the sheer amount of traffic downloading :eek:

www.eradicators.co.uk/CSS/css_lowqual.wmv

Thanks.

NYCGPS said:
NP ! NYCGPS (Albert222) here :D

Another Video coming, is diff than the first one, of course with my usual knifing style (I love to knife, thats why I suck at guns lol!)

Game Players Station
Officially Licsened Cyber Cafe in New York City

Hi Albert222, I visited gameplayerstation.com, but I couldn't find the specs for your machines... could you fill me in? :p Thanks...

Katana said:
edit: Btw, when you throw a grenade (dropping it, not throwing it so it explodes), how long do ya throw it?

Sorry, but you can't drop grenades ;( However if you die and still had nades others can pick them up.

I got bored sick after 3 hours playing de_dust today but after watching that I want to play it again ;(

I just hope they release atleast one more map before the beta is extended to the public (cz/ati owners) because a lot of people will get very sick of de_dust in a very short space of time otherwise.

There's also not a lot on dust to show off Source, like hostages and water.

Very nice indeed. :)

The things that stood out at me were the reflections on the floor and the physics (tire). The weapon sounds, although muffled by the compression of the video, still provided a sense of power and precision. My only quib would be the identical blood splats at the end of the second knifing. But hey, that's what the beta is for. :D

I enjoyed the beta testing for 1.6 and I really wish I could take part in this one as well. :( Too bad my education is so expensive.

I look forward to the high-quality version with great interest.

Chris_D said:
Please stay tuned, I have a high res one coming your way soon :)

of the same video???
needed more action going on....
like some grenades goin off......smoke/flashes...ect
more intense

I wasn't particularly impressed, why did they choose dust and not a "looker" map? I don't mean to be harsh, but that only looks a bit better than the HL1 engine to me. And they kept the same sounds!

Erestheux said:
I wasn't particularly impressed, why did they choose dust and not a "looker" map? I don't mean to be harsh, but that only looks a bit better than the HL1 engine to me. And they kept the same sounds!

De_Dust is the only map playable in CS:S Beta

63SixThreeSix3 said:
De_Dust is the only map playable in CS:S Beta
Yeah, I know. I was wondering why Vavle decided to do Dust instead of something prettier. Dust was all about the gameplay, really, and for low-lag play. I mean, the only real difference between Source and original was supposed to be looks, mainly, right?

Amazing vid, once again you prove your supremacy when it comes to bringing grade A HL2 goodness. :)

Erestheux said:
Yeah, I know. I was wondering why Vavle decided to do Dust instead of something prettier. Dust was all about the gameplay, really, and for low-lag play. I mean, the only real difference between Source and original was supposed to be looks, mainly, right?

Maybe because dust is the most popular cs map ever made.

Erestheux said:
Don't forget about fancy physics. Also, thats a very low quality vid and he was probably only playing on medium settings.

It was on High Quality settings, but the video was medium quality (25 Fps @ half size, WMV 2Mbps only)

The one Im doing now is 30@ Full size, WMV 5Mbps :)

It should be alot better.

Game Players Station
Officially Licensed Cyber Cafe in New York City

NYCGPS said:
It was on High Quality settings, but the video was medium quality (25 Fps @ half size, WMV 2Mbps only)

The one Im doing now is 30@ Full size, WMV 5Mbps :)

It should be alot better.

Game Players Station
Officially Licensed Cyber Cafe in New York City

Could you possibly show us some more of the physics? rolling tires, etc.. using them as cover :p

iambored
http://www.deviantart.com/view/9718591/

brink's said:
Don't forget about fancy physics. Also, thats a very low quality vid and he was probably only playing on medium settings.
Yeah, but I heard from some people that played in the cafés that the fancy physics aren't implemented so much. Like, someone asked if they could move around the bricks, the car, whatever, and they just kept saying "no." Guess it isn't a very valid source, but the vid didn't show any fancy physics (take the wheel, that was cool), nor have any of the screens I've seen yet...

63SixThreeSix3 said:
Could you possibly show us some more of the physics? rolling tires, etc.. using them as cover :p
Yeah, pleeease!?!

Back