Counter-Strike Tricks

K

kmack

I can't be bothered to post pictures so I'll describe the cool spots I found :p:

Aztec

Near the double doors that the terrorists and CTs fight through in most rounds there is a walkway with a ledge above it. To get onto that ledge you climb onto the rock crate things and do a knife jump to the corner of the ledge. If you get the timing right you can watch over B site, the river below, and not many people notice you

Second one just by CT spawn you climb ontop of the crate and then you can jump onto the roof of that wierd hut thing, which lets you guard A.

Italy

You can get ontop of one of the rooftops from where the CTs come out of the door of the house. You climb onto the crate next to it, onto the door frame, then onto the ledge of the rooftop above and over the railings

those are pretty cool, the tree one is the best, it'd be hard to hit someone there. How did you get in the tree?

kmack said:
those are pretty cool, the tree one is the best, it'd be hard to hit someone there. How did you get in the tree?
It's climbable on. Just run along the walkway closest to it and jump on :). Only that one branch is accessible though, unfortauntely.

kmack said:

actually its pretty easy :p

Yea, it was funny.

Some guy was up in the tree and people who didn't know how to get up there called him a hacker...

:p

Q_onfused said:
Yea, it was funny.

Some guy was up in the tree and people who didn't know how to get up there called him a hacker...

:p
Haha, some peoples children now days. Heh.

OK I had the time to take screenshots of my cool places now :p. I attached the screenshots and here are some descriptions:

aztec_ledge.jpg - To get here you just jump up the crates by the big double doors, and then you can get onto the ledge above the bridge. This give you a good watch over B and the river, and not many people notice you. But you need to be able to do the crouch jump things, and jump with your knife. I've been playing for ages so those kind of jumps feel natural.

aztec_roof.jpg - This is just by the CT spawn, and you can get onto it by jumping onto the crate at the bottom of the stairs, then onto the rooftop. It's good for watching over A.

chateau_high.jpg - To get up here you jump onto the broken pillar onto the second level, then jump onto the top of the pillars. To get to the exact place I was you have to jump over the gap.... which is quite hard.

chateau_ledge.jpg - This is easy - just climb along the ledge from one of the windows and you can see over. Not many people notice you, and you get lots of kills :p.

italy_balcony.jpg - To get up to here you climb onto the box, then onto the doorframe, then onto the edge of the rooftop and jump over the railings. It's a good place for terrorists to get the CTs as they run out of the door.

Attachments

• aztec_ledge.jpg
    aztec_ledge.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 536
  • aztec_roof.jpg
    aztec_roof.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 499
  • chateau_high.jpg
    chateau_high.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 500
  • chateau_ledge.jpg
    chateau_ledge.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 518
  • italy_balcony.jpg
    italy_balcony.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 502
that aztec roof spot is really bad cause its so easy to see anyone there, and if anyone comes from the other side *pop* ur dead.

but playing as a ct at the start of the round, rush the doors, fb them, and then go up there. when the ts try to get through, its pwnage from above

blinking halo said:
but playing as a ct at the start of the round, rush the doors, fb them, and then go up there. when the ts try to get through, its pwnage from above
No I think he meant the roof at CT spawn, not the one at double doors. You're getting a little confused there.

I always had trouble getting up to the part by the double doors. I've been playing CSS since the beta, but I still can't get it down properly. It could be a useful tactic too because not many people check up there (From all my playing as a T and CT on Aztec).

Anyway let's see some more maps people!

paranesi...climbing pipes. there is one ipe that leads up to the second level on the road section that is right by the hole in the floor that you can get the hostages down quick to the "safe" zone.

well i figured out how to get someone elses spray! By just being in the server.

cadaveca said:
paranesi...climbing pipes. there is one ipe that leads up to the second level on the road section that is right by the hole in the floor that you can get the hostages down quick to the "safe" zone.
You're talking about Havana, not piranesi. And yes that's a good tactical point to safeguard one of the hostage zones.

Dekstar, how did you get that silver skin and that knife with writing on it?

yeah that ones by the little bridge thing on the 2nd level by the hossies

Fuse Kazuki said:
Dekstar, how did you get that silver skin and that knife with writing on it?
The silver skin is from the Silver skin weapons pack.
the knife I skinned myself. Because my knife is called lucile, that's what I wrote on it. I'm thinking of updating it, since I've gotten much better at skinning since then.

-Dekstar

C1Team said:
well i figured out how to get someone elses spray! By just being in the server.

Go on, I'm sure you're dieing for someone to ask you how. :p

Trick Jumps

Just a video showing some cool jumps, it's surprisingly entertaining to watch. Not sure if you need an account or not to download.

You can jump slightly higher if you tap crouch before you jump then crouch again while your in the air. Once you get the hang of it you can jump on some interesting places.

beam said:
Trick Jumps

Just a video showing some cool jumps, it's surprisingly entertaining to watch. Not sure if you need an account or not to download.

You can jump slightly higher if you tap crouch before you jump then crouch again while your in the air. Once you get the hang of it you can jump on some interesting places.
Nice. I'm downloading it now. Thanks for the link.

EDIT: Link's broken. can you provide a working mirror that isn't filefront?

dek... what program would be good to use while skinning? i would like to try, but i cant find a program...

you run along the edge to the of the dumpster

start against the wall and just before you get to the light you jump towards the awning

its how I do it anyway =]

diluted said:
http://img162.exs.cx/img162/9484/ledge8pb.jpg
How do you get up on that ledge? I know you have to jump off of the dumpster while holding the knife, but can someone be more specific? Trick jumps in CS:S still elude me ;(
It's actually faster if you run with a scout, believe it or not.

Also I've always had trouble getting up there. I can get everywhere else on Office though.

Ok,since I'm a full time CS:S player,here are some tips that will help you out anytime out there in the battle field.
When using a AK,dont hold down the mose with your crossair pointed at your enemy,instead try point at his head and shoot 1-2 bullets every 0.75 second.
If you want to do a headshot with a gun that has no aimers like the magnum rifle,try aiming blow your enemy,depeing on the range of your enemy.
When going in a place where you think you will be ambushed throw a flashbang at the center where you think all of the ambushers are going to look at then come out and kill as many as possible,takes a lot of pratice to do this,sounds easy but its not.
Always remember that when you are crouching your weapon has a better accuracy.
Train hard.

dekstar said:
It's actually faster if you run with a scout, believe it or not.

Also I've always had trouble getting up there. I can get everywhere else on Office though.
I can't do it with a scout either. Is there some kind of technique to this? :p Do you have to crouch at some point while you're in the air?

diluted said:
I can't do it with a scout either. Is there some kind of technique to this? :p Do you have to crouch at some point while you're in the air?

press crouch and jump at the same time just before you reach the awning

kan3 said:
press crouch and jump at the same time just before you reach the awning
So.. I'd be pressing jump a second time then? Once when I jump off the garbage bin, again when I'm in front of the ledge?

diluted said:
So.. I'd be pressing jump a second time then? Once when I jump off the garbage bin, again when I'm in front of the ledge?

no
you just press crouch+jump and hold it...you should get onto the awning

make sure you are running off the upper right hand corner of the bin

Trust me, I can't do it either. I can do every trick for Aztec in that video, but that office Awning one really gets me... the guy filming it had real trouble with it too, apparently

look left while pressing the left strafe key and you look right while pressing the right strafe key while jumping

this is how you bunnyhop, it can get you to the ledge.

^^ Doesn't that make you go in a circle???

Maybe I'm not understanding what your saying

read the post linked in here about bunny hopping, watch the vieo and read his instructions and htey make more sense.

dekstar said:
Trust me, I can't do it either. I can do every trick for Aztec in that video, but that office Awning one really gets me... the guy filming it had real trouble with it too, apparently

the trick is to start abit before the dumpster(theres a small step after the window) and while you run make sure you dont press the strafe keys or youll be slowed down - use only the forward key. once you run past the edge hit jump + duck at the same time. tell me if it works

cadaveca said:
Very true :thumbs: :thumbs:

Back