counterstrike hackers

http://www.counter-hack.net/

here is a link for you . Its the number one anti hacker site/community out there. Lots of interesting things like what certain hacks look like, what to watch out for to see if someone is hacking, it is not illegal to post this link but it is against the rules to post links to sites which contain actual cheats for games so don't do it.

VodkA-HLC- said:
It's the flashnades, smoke nades and aimbot hacks which ruin the game.....

Edit: thanks for the link, it's great! Good to see there are enough ppl to counter the hacks...

Bans on hardware? Explain, because I can't imagine how this would work. They would get sued beyond belief...

Bakurei said:
I think the banning with hardware is done by looking the unique numbers of the components in the hardware. I'll try looking more info on this and then let you know.

It's more likely to be the MAC address.

Hypertony said:
It's more likely to be the MAC address.
this would be dumb, not criticizing you, but it would be dumb to ban hardware. that is easier to get by then the steam_id. At least you have to buy a new copy etc, with hardware you can just clone MACS and other components.

L. Duke said:
The best thing to do is find a server with good admins and plenty of them. If they watch first person after dying and see evidence of hacks, they ban the cheater.
The servers I play on regularly all do a good job of keeping the cheaters out.

could let us know what servers m8.

ta.

Well, banning on hardware would be cool and to explain it a bit, it is not done using data like MAC address.

Each device in your PC has an unique ID, this cannot be altered. Banning on hardware could be done with those ID's in mind. Mind you, those ID's are unique and to make it even better, you could ban someone on a combination of those ID's... so if the dude thinks that replacing his $5 ethernet adapter would work, he's wrong :) That way he would have to buy several new components (not knowing which ofcourse) AND ofcourse a new game to get a new serial to use with steam. This probably is too expensive for the 12 year old cheater so we would lose him in the community... a shame...

BTW : This is the exact same way MS Activation works.

KagePrototype said:
I've actually yet to see any cheaters on CS:Source, so I consider myself quite lucky. :)

Agreed. I think many people blame their poor performance online on cheaters. (i've been accused a few times and i'm a complete CS noob :/)

Back