Court outcome?

Sven Viking said:
I'm certainly no Vivendi fan, but I'm just wondering... what're everyone's exact reasons for hating Vivendi, if you don't count guesses at what they might do or may have done?
They are screwing us with a shitty CE alright

DuffyS said:
They are screwing us with a shitty CE alright
True :(. Though as for DoD: Source specifically, Vivendi won't have any rights to publish it (DoD: Retail for HL1 was published by Activision)... its being Source-only is an extra incentive to buy through Steam. Vivendi could have arranged to stick other things into the Collector's Edition, though, like the full Making of HL2 book instead of an ad for it.

Wah! It's Sven! Great! Now if I get facts about SC wrong there's actually someone who knows their stuff enough to correct me!

(Don't shoot me Sniper. If you're still even here. Nyah!)

Although I keep going on about this I, like so many others, want to see Valve come out of here the victor (as much as I like to think I understand the basest structure of business, I just don't like the originality-throttling control freak attitude of a stereotypical publisher).

Regardless of whether or not Valve's Steam delivery system infringes on Vivendi's publishing rights, I'd say that Valve wasn't deliberately misleading- had Vivendi done any continual research, they'd have realised, alongside Steam beta users, what and how Steam functions.

Let's face it, if VUG misinterpreted Valve's blatantly obvious press statements, they deserve failure and humilitation; they're just clutching at straws.

Hi Edcrab :)

Yeah, that's quite likely -- I wasn't meaning Vivendi /weren't/ necessarily in the wrong on everything. I just wasn't sure that we even knew the details of what they were claiming, yet. I thought I read they were claiming that Gabe personally gave them misleading information, for example, rather than working on press releases.

P.S. -- is the gun.gif (sniper) emoticon 2606x3333 pixels for anyone else? Edit: n/m, worked it out.

Back