Court recommends Jack Thompson disbarred for 10 years

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
HUZZAH!!!!

The Florida Bar asked for an "enhanced disbarment" in the disciplinary hearing of Jack Thompson, held earlier this afternoon. The recommendation means Thompson would be disbarred and prohibited from applying to practice law again for ten years, according to 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida spokesperson Eunice Sigler.

Thompson's sentencing hearing apparently ended in the attorney walking out of the courtroom after saying the judge did not have the authority to hear his case, a reader who sat in on the hearing told us.

Judge Dava Tunis' specific recommendations for sanctions will be included in her official report, to be due to the Florida Supreme Court by September 2nd.

Jack thompson responds to the court in his usual crazy way:

Before walking out of the courtroom, Thompson filed what he called "Thompson's Formal Objection to June 4 Sanctions hearing. In the rambling, 4,500-word objection, Thompson questioned Tunis' ability to sit on his hearing, calling her incompetent and arrogant and threatening to have her removed from office "in the days and weeks ahead." He also went on to call the people run The Florida Bar fascists and denied that he was involved some sort of "petty culture war."

Thompson wrapped up his 14-page objection by quoting from the bible, and saying that he and Senators Clinton and Obama understand the dangers posed by the Grand Theft Auto games.

"I am ?guilty? of being right and ahead of the curve when it came to Howard Stern and as to Grand Theft Auto. Because I took on Bar complainant, Al Cardenas, the Howard Stern Show is off terrestrial radio and his influence diminished.

Because I took on this cop-killing, woman-bashing video game, the Presidential race is now addressing the issue and this particular video game.

Try to get me disbarred. Go ahead, do your worst, Referee Tunis. I will continue to do my best. "

http://kotaku.com/5013148/jack-thompson-walks-out-on-hearing-court-recommends-enhanced-disbarment

Yay! Best story posted Stern. Makes me feel warm inside.

Am i the only one who sees ol' Jackie as a splicer like fellow?

Edit : also i wish to punch him in the sack , hard.

Let's hope someone competent doesn't take up his crusade...

Im supprised he hasnt got the shit kicked out of him by a horde of angry gamers yet , but i suppose that would have been used as an example of how video games make you violent or what ever. If i ever saw him in real life i would honestly punch him in the sack , hard. Even though he is a law talkin guy it would be worth the assult charges.

Insulting the Judge will certainly persuade her to make a fair judgment on you.

Brilliant strategy Mr. Thompson.

He is a pompus dweeb who for no reason what so ever insults video games and gamers , the only time some one has been killed by some one who gamed was when some mentally retarded kid played manhunt and killed his best friend... Im glad he (Jackie not the kid who got killed) finally got what was coming to him , and why the hell insult the mother of the guy who made GTA? he was obviously going to get into trouble for it , what a jack ass. /rant

He sealed his fate when he insulted the judge.

Not what again?

This is going to be another "sing the whole still alive tune one line each" thing again.

And yeah he royally screwed up by insulting the judge , anyone who actually belived what he was doing was right before will now join the holy side (the side of gaming for those who dont know).

I like to think of us as the Dark Side, because you know, we get Force lightning and stuff.

Lets just say we are the grey side then , cause that means we get everything , even force boobies!

Force lightning and grip are so much more awesome then Absorb and protection.

Uh , talking about how much of a jack ass Jackie is is alot better than talking about what force powahs we get...

I sneer at you, Jack Thompson. From across the digital divide.

If he ever succeeds i'll rip the ears off his daughter and send them to him. If he doesn't have a daughter; i will do the same to his dog, it's all the same to me.

:p j/k

If he ever succeeds i'll rip the ears off his daughter and send them to him. If he doesn't have a daughter; i will do the same to his dog, it's all the same to me.

:p j/k

I think stuff like this is the reason he want's games bant in the first place.
**** it. Let's start with his toes.

Rule of thumb, Judge. You can't disbar the Messiah!

I dont know how, but Highlander, for some reason at first glance I read your location as "Zimbabwe"

Lawdy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Thompson_(attorney)#Other_activities

What a shit disturber this guy is. I never knew he stuck his nose in a hell of a lot more than just his video game war - or, at least, not this much, and not at this kind of a level.

Check out what he tried to do to that Judge, as well as Eliot Spitzer. Why the hell would be do this stuff? I'm assuming all of these things are totaling the grounds for his disbarment.

I belive the phrase is "shit stirrer"

Edit : Also he acts like such a little kid , accusing opponents of being homosexual , seriously its court not the F**king playground.

Edit , Edit : Lawl at this , its an extract from the wikipedia page of Jackie.

Thompson would frequently attach a photocopy of his driver's license, with a photo of Batman pasted over his own, just to make sure they knew who they were dealing with. Thompson said, "I have sent my opponents pictures of Batman to remind them I'm playing the role of Batman. Just like Bruce Wayne helped the police in the movie, I have had to assist the sheriff of Broward County."

The bat man thing? Yeah thats insane.

What ever the case he had better not f**k with valve or the half life series. Or else.

Thompson would frequently attach a photocopy of his driver's license, with a photo of Batman pasted over his own, just to make sure they knew who they were dealing with. Thompson said, "I have sent my opponents pictures of Batman to remind them I'm playing the role of Batman. Just like Bruce Wayne helped the police in the movie, I have had to assist the sheriff of Broward County."
Dear lord, how is this man still considered legally sane...

I find it very ironic that he is technically the ONLY lawyer in florida thats legaly SANE , its true look it up on wikipedia.

Do you think that the mods would care if i put up a "I hate Jack thompson" thread or would it just be considered spam?

Back