Covers

valve allowed some dude who took a tour of their offices to take a pic of the 3 final cover designs.. gman, alyx and gordon.

that cover looks too plain and boring to legitmate anyway... and don't sierra no longer exist?

i reckon that fake cover is way better than the real ones, much more simple and minimalistic.

Didn+t notice that Sierra mark, but where I can see those 3 final covers?

The Sierra mark will still be on the box. Sierra was bought out by Vivendi and disbanded. However, the trademark will live on and still be on the box (as well as in the opening credits to the game I would imagine).

Well I would buy HL2 with cover like that, it is just like HL muset be...orange!

I like that Gordon image if same is at cover.

If you look on the main website you casn clearly see this is under the section of his own art. IE he made it.

As well as the wallpapers, the mobile backgrounds, and the Monolith, I often produce small pieces of work, which I use as avatars and signatures on message boards, and others, which have no purpose at all. This is where I display such pieces.

That is horrible. I'm glad they never accepted it as the final cover.

Seppo said:
That is horrible. I'm glad they never accepted it as the final cover.
Its made by a random person, nothing to do with valve or vivendi.

Can't be real - there are a few mistakes in it:

The wording "half-life" on the front is missing the (r) for "registered tm"
on the back it says "2003 Valve"
and the sites valve.com and sierra.com/halflife2 are incorrect or don't exist

:E

Hey stop kicking already!

I now know that it is fake as hell is hot!

I don't like how the back seems cluttered compared to the front. Too many black outlines where the front had practically zero. I do like a minimalist-styled box and I think the CE of HL2 will have one... in silver.

If it wasn't for all those mistakes I'd say it's the european cover. We always get the games in DVD cases nowadays :(

Didymium said:
If it wasn't for all those mistakes I'd say it's the european cover. We always get the games in DVD cases nowadays :(
that's right - but it could be worse - just look at the SplinterCell 2 box -> :x :x :x

a pity less and less games are sold in those huge boxes like the one the morrowind CE had ... :(

so, what is this?

174s_13.hl2-boxes.jpg

i'm not sure what the box furthest on the left is. collector's edition?

If that large box is CE, well...really ugly ass hell!

That orange color hurts my eyes. :/

damn.. i hope that the box is more "stylish in design" than this one..
This one is really ugly..

I dunno...it would maybe turn out to be a good cover. I mean, it would stand out against everything else on the shelf and people would be like "Huh, what's that?".

Methias said:
I dunno...it would maybe turn out to be a good cover. I mean, it would stand out against everything else on the shelf and people would be like "Huh, what's that?".

That certainly makes sense...but I don't know, people might not be able to make out the game title due to being blinded by all that bright orange. :LOL:

Well... I assume Valve would know how to spell the name of their physics engine (it's Havok, not Havoc) :|

It isn't the real one, far to simple. We not going to see any HL textures on it?

It's too orange... people would think they are buying a mobile phone, not a pc game.

oldagerocker said:
It's too orange... people would think they are buying a mobile phone, not a pc game.

Intresting thought... a HL2 phone. :)

It's ugly..too plain and orange. But did anyone notice it says 4 cd? It's only 3... :rolleyes:

Back