Crash to desktop

deltron zero

Reaction score
It's done updating, but when I try and run it I see the CT background and then it crashes to my desktop. :(

yep i get the same thing.
Engine Error
Invalid property: DT_BaseAnimating/m_flPoseParameter (array of datatables)

I can see the background for about 2 second then the game crash and I get this error:

Engine Error: Unable to set mode. This may be a known beta bug with antialiasing. We have reset your antialiasing settings. Please try runnin again.

I have Catalyst 4.9 on a Sapphire X800XT. All my Cat's setting are at default

I fixed the DT_BaseAnimating thing, just exit Steam, go into Steam\SteamApps\<your e-mail address here>\ and delete the "counter-strike source beta" folder. Then restart Steam and it will rebuild the folder from your cache. Now simply restart Steam and it works (well, it did here anyway).

Don't delete your cache (the .gcf files) or you'll have to download it all over again.

dammit, same problem here. Tried deleting the folder, but still after it loads I see that screen for a few seconds and then it crashes.

happend to me 2 after 6/8 tries of re lunching CS:S It started to lunch fine :p

Im not getting any kind of error messege, it just exits after about 5 secs. Anybody else getting this?

Nicon said:
Im not getting any kind of error messege, it just exits after about 5 secs. Anybody else getting this?

same thing

As stated before, Its because you havent downloaded the full update. CS SOURCE has only downloaded a part of the update, I did the same thing, than I went to monitor and saw it was only 92 percent done, and went to my steam folder and saw barely any CS SOURCE files

Fuse2k4 said:
As stated before, Its because you havent downloaded the full update. CS SOURCE has only downloaded a part of the update, I did the same thing, than I went to monitor and saw it was only 92 percent done, and went to my steam folder and saw barely any CS SOURCE files

My update is complete. I checked my monitor when it got to 100%.

after each time it crashes, theres a new file called "Steam__95459__2004_8_19T3_18_17C7550.mdmp" in the counter-strike source beta folder
anyone know y?

ACQUIRED: 100%

Doesn't work. And yes, I noticed these files:

Steam__95459__2004_8_19T3_10_44C11062.mdmp
Steam__95459__2004_8_19T3_11_4C7015.mdmp
Steam__95459__2004_8_19T3_11_30C8093.mdmp
Steam__95459__2004_8_19T3_11_47C7031.mdmp
Steam__95459__2004_8_19T3_12_3C6703.mdmp
Steam__95459__2004_8_19T3_12_20C7781.mdmp
Steam__95459__2004_8_19T3_30_52C8859.mdmp

Same problem

Join a server, get to the part where I should enter into the game, and get dropped directly to desktop without any error message.

System Specs:

Athlon XP 2700 Barton Core
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard (nForce2)
Latest nForce drivers
ATI 9700 PRO reference card
CAT 4.9 BETA

1 gig DDR memory, Corsair

Microsoft Windows XP Home
SP1
DirectX 9.0b

Belkin n52 game controller

Persono Gamer USB headphone/mic ; Persono USB drivers.

stukafox at least u tried to join servers, i cant even see the menu........all i saw was only the background picture then jumps out to desktop

Same here Stukafox, crashes to dextop without any kind of error msg right when I get into a game, I actually got in once and started playing, but once the round switched it crashed :(

Same here, crashes to desktop after 5 seconds without any kind of msg. :flame: :flame:

My config is :
XP 2800+ Barton
GEFORCE FX 5700 256Mo (56.64 Nvidia drivers)
512Mo DDR PC3200 SAMSUNG
XP PRO SP1 DIRECTX 9.0B

HELP PLEASE, I REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS NICY GAME

ok if I run it in windowed mode i get this error.

The instruction at "0x241691d6" referenced memory at "0x00c25d80". The memory could not be "read".

To run in windowed mode
play game > css > properties > launch options > -window
make sure its " -window" with the space.

Ok, now I tried lowering my screen resolution to 800x600 and I get this error instead of the memory error

Unable to set mode. This may be known beta bug with antialiasing. We have reset your antialiasing settings. Please try running again.

how do u set ur screen resolutin when u cant even go into menu?

omfg i am soooo hoping all this shit doesnt happen to me when i go to play it. at work atm having lunch, cant play it till i get home. gonna be soooooooo pissed off if mine crashes aswel.

xmen155 said:
how do u set ur screen resolutin when u cant even go into menu?

you could try making a shortcut to it and adding
-console width 800 height 600

so far the 3 times ive gotten into a server ive been booted to desktop
1st time was after about 2 minutes of running around
2nd time was as soon as i loaded the map
3rd time i got about 10 minutes of game time
I'm using the Omega drivers right now (these were the only drivers that were somewhat stable for doom3) *note* all my loading is done when i looked at the steam monitor
MSI k8t
3000+ 64
gig of mushkin 3200
9700pro AIW

Dalamari said:
What is the console command to start up in full screen.

sorry dont know. i think most of the console comands are the same as HL1 tho, so if u search for it a bit u mite find it.

Ok, now my only problem is the memory error when I spawn.

Back