Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason Review

I've finished Cryostasis already.

I know, I was talking to Liz. I've reached Chapter Fifteen, so I have Escape, and so on from that. Oh, Mikael, the scene with the prisoners turning away from the open door to freedom -- sublime.

I know, I was talking to Liz. I've reached Chapter Fifteen, so I have Escape, and so on from that. Oh, Mikael, the scene with the prisoners turning away from the open door to freedom -- sublime.

I thoroughly agree with you, my friend.

What is your opinion on the character design, especially the wardens and the way they are introduced there?

100% Agreed.

I thoroughly agree with you, my friend.

What is your opinion on the character design, especially the wardens and the way they are introduced there?

I thought that was going to be the end of the game btw. It just felt like a very epic.

I keep getting the error "Cryostasis Sleep of Reason Has Stopped Working" whenever I try to launch the game (Have it on steam)

Anyone help me? :(

Edit: NVM, found solution

I am undecided as to whether or not I like the game. I have played it for a little over 3 hours now & am finding it hard to find a reason to continue playing. I will admit that for some reason I very much enjoyed the short "floating light" section a couple hours into the game. I hope I left that vague enough as to not be a spoiler.

I find the voice acting to be good & I like the ice visual effects. I also think the health system is excellent & very well implemented. But apart for that, I am finding the game to be dull & for the most part boring. I keep waiting for the game to get scary, but it hasn't. At least not yet. I'm also waiting for the story to begin. A few "things" ingame have started to fall into place as to how "things" are the way they are, but so far, it's not doing all that good a job of holding my attention for longer than 20 to 30 minute game playing increments before I exit out due to a feeling of "Ho-Hum." The mini-games are somewhat interesting, though I'm not sure if "Mini-Games" is the correct way to label them.

I'll stick with the game for a couple more hours, with the hope of it doing a better job of holding my interest.

Zeno Clash is certainly nothing profoundly special, don't misunderstand me -- I am far from parading it as the latest and greatest. It is competent, refined, and focused; thus far, it's beating Cryostasis, though both can claim competence. Yes, the quirky art-style is its main selling point, and I think it definitely carries the game further than it deserves, but that in itself is far more diverse than Cryostasis has so far proved to be. Its combat is also clunky, but less Condemned, more Butcher Bay; as far as I am concerned, Butcher Bay is far better than Condemned, and thus I consider it to be significantly more satisfying and a worthy comparison.

But look, I'm not claiming Zeno Clash is some leaps-and-bounds ahead of Cryostasis. I'm not. There is something far more delightful about the latter, mostly in its vision, but so far one has fired up my entertainment meter more than the other, and it isn't the one with the meteorologist.

Very well said, though I think the melee combat in Condemned, was excellent. I like how Zeno Clash is colorful & funky, though it IS rather repetitive.

-MRG

Back