Crysis 2

i dare anyone to find me a game which has better combat mechanics and AI. it's not revolutionary but it's a damn good game when you want some plain old action. just like an action movie...try not to think too much.

personally HL2 disappointed me in certain departments. AI was nonexistent. even HL1 had better AI. the physics engine was chronically unused. and the weapon sounds were pathetic.
yes it has a decent story and narrative.

Troll detectors are through the roof.

2000th post \o/

I'm withholding judgement until I see some non-teaser footage. I do find it funny though that they're releasing another Crysis when nobody on planet earth can even properly run the first one.

HL2 had brilliant pacing...story
Haha, this is what people on HL2.net actually believe.

NO TIME TO TELL YOU WHAT'S GOING ON GORDON HERE'S A CROWBAR GO RIDE AROUND IN A BOAT FOR FORTY HOURS

Crysis is so bugged. I'd die from stepping on random piles of debris.

i've never encountered that kind of stupidity. and obviously it's not perfect but 80% of the time it works.
i'll take those mishaps any day to enemies standing and shooting.

as for HL2 physic puzzles. i think they were pretty dumb.
i'm a HL fan but i'm not blindly dumb like some of you.

Those videos are so shit..

I did not encounter any of that in the 2 times i played Crysis and Warhead. I also had about 2 crashes EVER.

Trying to find problems in games or running into something crazy like those last 2 videos is different.

Way not to read. I was pointing out that Crysis's AI is by no mean the best in the industry.

Also:

w8w01z.jpg

1236664538680-300x273.jpg

n2bsat.jpg

2r2qd6r.jpg

2gvlfnb.jpg

ae1xxv.jpg

So one of those videos was yours.

I don't see how this pertains to the discussion at all.

Oh, well mostly because I don't see what HL2 bugs have to do with the discussion.

Lulz at the people claiming that Crysis has the best AI in the industry..

I seem to remember using one broom to melee about 2 squads of Koreans.

I also remember somehow getting on top of a roof and picking them off one by one. The funny thing was, the last one to go was on high alert then proceeded to urinate on the nearest wall.

I just hope they didnt "consolize" the gameplay too much. I also hope they will allow PC users to bypass all the downgrades they made to the engine.

Not bad, but the weapons they showed in the video suck ass.

Oh hai, I have a heavy machinegun but it's inaccurate as **** so I have to get within 6 feet of the enemy before I can hit him durhurhur. :rolleyes:

name me a game, that has better dynamic AI. i really can't think of any..

I kinda agree, the AI was pretty good, but the nanosuit was so overpowered it wasn't readily apparent.

Doesn't look very impressive, on the same, if not lower quality as the original Crysis.

Oh hai, I have a heavy machinegun but it's inaccurate as **** so I have to get within 6 feet of the enemy before I can hit him durhurhur. :rolleyes:

Isn't that kind of the point?

Isn't that kind of the point?

I do understand that they are trying to balance the weapons, but this is ridiculous. It's not a damn shotgun, it should have decent accuracy at a rage of at least a few hundred meters.

Yeah but if you let off more than 3 or 4 rounds with an MG in a spray-and-pray manner its pointless.

You might aswell just wave your c*ck at them. It will be equally as accurate.

Serious on both counts.

Granted the player was moving at the time and a machinegun has high recoil, but still.

Why would I ever use any other gun if I could accurately hit people with a machine gun from hundreds of meters away?

Machine guns are from what I've been told by military people, quite accurate these days, if fired properly, the biggest issue with them are stronger recoil than with say an assault rifle, but given that you have a highly advanced nanosuit, is it impossible to believe that the suit would detect the recoil of the rifle and strengthen the muscles to compensate for it etc?

Just throwing that out there.

Machine guns are from what I've been told by military people, quite accurate these days, if fired properly, the biggest issue with them are stronger recoil than with say an assault rifle, but given that you have a highly advanced nanosuit, is it impossible to believe that the suit would detect the recoil of the rifle and strengthen the muscles to compensate for it etc?

Just throwing that out there.

Longest recorded kill is with a .50cal Browning M2, actually.

---Edit: For 1967 - 2002. It was broken after that by a sniper rifle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock

Mounted machine gun, but still: Yes, machine guns are VERY accurate.

Basically, the MG is made less accurate in order to force the tactical decision of weapon choice in every encounter. Another way to do this would be to make MG rounds extremely rare. I'm not sure which approach I prefer, though I think the latter is harder to balance.

For the realism argument: "firing a machine gun properly" most likely means from a prone position, or at the very least crouching in a stationary position.

For the game argument: isn't your character wearing some kind of sweet mech suit or something? Why do these things never seem to have any facilities for absorbing recoil?

Physics, really. Either the suit would weigh a metric shit-tonne or it would have gigantic spikes shooting out of your feet to anchor you. Neither enhances mobility.

I can't get hyped about Crysis 2. It looks pretty, but the gameplay smacks of Killzone and RFOM and bores me to tears. It was the same with the first - neat visuals and gadgets, but nothing to the gunplay. Point and click and try not to fall asleep.

I can't get hyped about Crysis 2. It looks pretty, but the gameplay smacks of Killzone and RFOM and bores me to tears. It was the same with the first - neat visuals and gadgets, but nothing to the gunplay. Point and click and try not to fall asleep.

This.

I don't have to worry about that, because I don't buy all those dumb games. I have Half-Life2 and Modern Warfare [1]. Those are the only games I own that are even remotely similar.

I know you don't like Half-Life2, but I don't see how you can call Crysis 2 "point and click" any more than other FPS.

Hey, I like HL2 :p (just not a fan of the combat)

You're right, Crysis 2 doesn't look much more point and click than most other fps, but still doesn't look particularly interesting. Maybe it'll be different and be more involved than point the biggest gun you have at the bad guys and firing untill they fall over, we'll see.

Because Modern Warfare is a smart game.

On another note, who thinks that was the 360 version shown? At the very least, that must be a GFWL game. 360 button prompts on screen, and he was controlling it with a gamepad.

It makes me wonder. Maybe the PC version will look even better.

Because Modern Warfare is a smart game.
You're taking it out of context. I didn't say Modern Warfare was original, good, smart ... or anything. I said "it's the only game I've played that is even remotely similar to Crysis 2."

He implies "it's boring", "it's too much like Killzone and Resistance: Fall of Man".

I know there are probably 10 games released this year that look similar to this. And I said, that's not a problem or me since I haven't played those games.

Back