Crysis 2

I played the demo a bit yesterday, it plays a LOT like call of duty with a few superpowers

et je n'aime pas COD!

Heh, figures.

Anyway, went to download the demo and remembered I don't have a gold sub any more, so I'll have to take you guys' word for it.

I wonder how bad piracy is going to hurt the sales of their mediocre game that nobody really wants this time.

Well, they basically gave the finger to PC users even though over a million people bought their high specced, unplayable for many game and now it looks like the console crowds are going to give them the finger. Karma's a bitch Crytek.

It'll sell fine - it apes COD and it can run on desktop computers this time.

The original at least had visuals and large maps going for itself. This has neither.

I actually like the demo, when it doesn't freeze that is
sure there are some issues with hit detection and all the usual BS but it is on 360 and it's nothing they can't iron out before March
I'm looking forward to playing it on my PC

and why are people saying that it's visually lacking? I think it looks great, much better than the bland colour palette found in the current COD series, that's for sure

COD isn't exactly a good reference point in that regard.

Crysis was a tech demo for a terrific engine. Now that the engine is not terrific anymore, we are left with just another shooter. Seems good to me, I'll play it when it's cheap, but nothing special.

I have zero expectations so I'll probably mildly enjoy it just like I did the original Crysis which I also had no hype whatsoever for.

Good thing it's on consoles so I can rent and finish it in 5 hours. A-derp-herp.

I don't know about you guys, but I always enjoy shoot-em-ups greatly, so this looks worth it when it drops down to about $30.

Back