Crysis has been conquered

Sedako

Chuck Steak
Reaction score
Beat it in about 8 hours on Delta. A lot shorter than I was hoping, but it was definitely a lot of fun. It's only really open-ended in the first half, after that it becomes a lot more linear. There were some annoying bugs that forced me to reload an older save a couple times, but I only had to replay for about a minute to get back to the point I was at. I would probably give it around an 8.5/10. Were it not for the various bugs and it being short and somewhat easy on the hardest setting, I'd give it at least a 9.

Now to wait for the mods. I like Cryengine 2 a lot, and may work on my own at some point.

Such a shame, it's the open endedness that makes me want to play it. I'll probably get it anyway just not on release.

I'm about 4 hours into it, it's pretty fun for the most part. The damn heli's are hard as hell. I freakin ran out of every ammo except pistol, and my boat got blown. I had to just use speed to out run most of its fire until I got to the goal, and it just left before I got there...The heli's they're freakin annoying. You can lose soldiers, but you can't lose them, they leave on their own for no freakin reason (or unless you kill it with 10,000 ammo, its possible).

Holy Cats, thought it was going to be released saturday.

WTF? I'll wake up early and go buy it

Such a shame, it's the open endedness that makes me want to play it. I'll probably get it anyway just not on release.

But that will be another reason for downloading the various mods for cryengine2. The engine is capable of open-endedness, just needs a little shove in the right place

i preordered this game....hopefully live up to my expectations

But that will be another reason for downloading the various mods for cryengine2. The engine is capable of open-endedness, just needs a little shove in the right place
Yeah, however, lets keep in mind, far from all mods ever get released, and also, open-ended gaming is probably one of the concepts that's the most difficult to execute well, so I wouldn't exactly put my trust into modders for that, and from what I've seen, most Crysis mods seem to be focused on MP.

So, how are the fights with aliens?

Tri-gens 1.5 or no?

I found them to be slightly more fun to fight, but they're still shit compared to fighting NKs/Mercs.. TBH, the end part of the game was far more unimpressive to me than the early part, the last half(after you've entered the mines for the first time) was also extremely linear.

Having finished the game on hardest difficulty in around 9 hours, I gotta say, SP-wise, I'm dissappointed, there's nothing truly innovative about it, except maybe the destructible environments.. Heck, even the ice environments were very unimpressive, as was the zero grav level..

I found them to be slightly more fun to fight, but they're still shit compared to fighting NKs/Mercs.. TBH, the end part of the game was far more unimpressive to me than the early part, the last half(after you've entered the mines for the first time) was also extremely linear.

Having finished the game on hardest difficulty in around 9 hours, I gotta say, SP-wise, I'm dissappointed, there's nothing truly innovative about it, except maybe the destructible environments.. Heck, even the ice environments were very unimpressive, as was the zero grav level..

How have you completed it? It doesn't come out in the EU for another 3 days. :\

is there a FPS gain between the demo and the actual game?

Ah, I was going by Wikipedia. Was hoping to catch you out on some sort of warez hypocrisy. ;) Curses!

what are you getting on average, and what settings?

Also, what are your system specs?

what are you getting on average, and what settings?

Also, what are your system specs?

I'm getting around 35 fps average at 1600x1200 and no AA with everything on high except shadows on medium.

Windows XP
E6600 @ 3.1
8800GTS @ 600/920
2gb RAM

I'm getting 15-20 FPS average, playing all settings on DX9 'Enabled' Very High at 1024x768, 2x AA, I actually finished the game on 15-20 FPS, on hardest difficulty, I just couldn't make myself lower the graphical settings, not even to DX9 High, because it was so pretty :(

Specs are as follows:

Windows XP
Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz
XFX nVidia 7900GT 256MB
2 gigs of high-end RAM
SB X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS Pro.

ugh...thats annoying...I figured getting a Quad core and new vid card would allow me to play it with high fps...guess not.

Anyone else have the problem of nothing showing up unless the shader quality is high?
is there a FPS gain between the demo and the actual game?
Mine got worse, same settings. Even resolution had to be lowered and it was worse.

Anyone else have the problem of nothing showing up unless the shader quality is high?

Mine got worse, same settings. Even resolution had to be lowered and it was worse.

Isnt the release date for the US tomorrow?

How did you get yours, you lucky sob

I preordered mine from gamestop and it said online that it will ship on nov 13, which is today. Does that mean i can go to gamestop and collect it today???

I preordered mine from gamestop and it said online that it will ship on nov 13, which is today? Does that mean i can go to gamestop and collect it today???

no, if it says its shipping today that means it will be released tomorrow...usually.

How did you get yours, you lucky sob

"yo ho ho and a bottle of rum"

"arrrrr ever been to sea billy?"

"Yar har, fiddle di dee, Being a ______ is alright to be, You are a ______"

I want my Crysis. Any ideas? A lot of places told me it may come in around 2:00 today.

I'm getting 15-20 FPS average, playing all settings on DX9 'Enabled' Very High at 1024x768, 2x AA, I actually finished the game on 15-20 FPS, on hardest difficulty, I just couldn't make myself lower the graphical settings, not even to DX9 High, because it was so pretty :(

Specs are as follows:

Windows XP
Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz
XFX nVidia 7900GT 256MB
2 gigs of high-end RAM
SB X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS Pro.

the same here, i got two 7899GTX and it runs so shit,

I'm buying 9800GTX on the release date, :E

So I'm looking to download this (legally) from the EA website thru a Direct Download. Only way I can do this is if I state I'm from the UK. Would there be any negative changes in the game due to this?

the same here, i got two 7899GTX and it runs so shit,

I'm buying 9800GTX on the release date, :E
hehe, 20 average for me too, still plenty playable, worst parts are the cinematics. And holy shit the scene after you see the korean guy on the big monitor and you know what happens. fvckin 2 fps on that alien sh17.

Beat it already? my eyes would be severly wonky or possibly bleeding if I sat down and played a game like Crysis for 8 hours straight. Anyhow I'm not touching the full version till my dx10 rig parts arrive :naughty:

I just started Tremors, probably 4-5 hrs into game. No chance in hell for a single sitting for the whole thing.

Beat it already? my eyes would be severly wonky or possibly bleeding if I sat down and played a game like Crysis for 8 hours straight. Anyhow I'm not touching the full version till my dx10 rig parts arrive :naughty:

No, not 8 hours straight, 8 hours total. took some breaks to do other stuff.

So I'm looking to download this (legally) from the EA website thru a Direct Download. Only way I can do this is if I state I'm from the UK. Would there be any negative changes in the game due to this?

I wouldnt touch EA direct download.... they charge you a small fee to download the game again after 18 months and each time there after...

I wouldnt touch EA direct download.... they charge you a small fee to download the game again after 18 months and each time there after...

Thank you for sparing me from them. *gives EA the bird

Crysis, please come to Steam, kthxbi

it takes another 20 days to come to my country. I think I might just download it...maybe not

I think I might just pass on this game. The demo ran like shit with my X2 4800+, 2gig ram, and 8800GT 512, even on the medium settings it was horrendous. I plan on ordering the Witcher instead. I was going to order Kane and Lynch but the PC release seemed to have been pushed back to Friday for no apparent reason, c*ck suckers.

Back