CS Ragdoll.

Glo-Boy

Reaction score
Hey there.

After being spoiled by HL2 and HL2DM's ragdoll, I began playing Counter-Strike Source, and the ragdoll has left a bad taste in my mouth. It's unnaturally stiff. Is there a simple way of replacing a few files to get HL2 ragdoll applied to the Counter-Strike players, or is it a lot more complicated than that?

Anyone know why Valve hasn't done this yet?

Cheers,

If I am not mistaken I think there is a console comand or two to tweak the rag doll physics. That might loosen em up to your liking.

I doubt it dude. Because the locations of the ragdolls have to be the same for all players in server since they gotta know wheres what. I doubt you can change the physics, unless youre server admin.

you can play around with the gun sways tho, which are kinda stiff too.

cl_wpn_sway_scale 1 (3 is a good setting)
cl_wpn_sway_interp 0.1 (0.15 is a good setting)

THUGENSTEIN said:
I doubt it dude. Because the locations of the ragdolls have to be the same for all players in server since they gotta know wheres what. I doubt you can change the physics, unless youre server admin.

Well I am thinking something along the lines of cl_phys_props_enable. I thougth there were a few comands to adjust how you interp the physics. Like I said I could be wrong, It doesnt bother me how it is by default so I never looked into it see.

The location of ragoll is not at all similar between all the people in a server. Ragdoll is predicted as a client side thing, I think. Maybe I'm wrong, but whenever I play with my friends, our ragdolls are all in totally different locations and postions.

ragdolls are clientside. all phsyics is clientside for CS:S. However, the same cannot be said about HL2DM

THUGENSTEIN said:

not true, me and about 10 friends play CSS, and we're on Teamspeak while we play. Ragdolls are never in the same spot for any of us.

Deemo said:
ragdolls are clientside. all phsyics is clientside for CS:S. However, the same cannot be said about HL2DM

Not all. The barrells for instance which are used for cover must be server.

The ragdolls cant be the same for everyone because of the "cl_ragdoll_collide 1" option, which will displace some of the bodies.

Yes I'm 100% sure that ragdoll is clientside. I also really prefered HL2's ragdoll, I loved it, so I'm with Glo-Boy on this one.

I liked HL's ragdolls better, too. I even made a post similar to this.

Anyone know a command?

Ragdolls, cups, milk cartons, bottles are all client side. They're different for everyone. Buckets, barrels, tables, and weapons are all serverside. If they weren't people would be hiding behind cover that wasn't there on other people computers, and picking up weapons that are in different places :p

I prefer the CS ragdoll tbh :p

i kno there is a command to exagerrate the phsycis. cant recall off the top of my head, but look into that, it might be what you want

Yes, some servers accelerate the physics. I love it like that, personally.

Those physics commands are changeable by a server admin.

We're not talking about making people fly 50 feet when killed with serer commands. We mean the actual HL2 ragdoll, porting it over to the CS models.

Back