CS:S Beta for CZ Owners Only? Lame.

CZ sucks so much that they have to rely on people buying it just to play the CS:S beta. omg as if there not gonna make millions from hl2 anyways. im NOT going to buy it ill just go over to my friends hosue and playit when iwant(cause he has CZ.)

Darkknighttt said:
CZ sucks so much that they have to rely on people buying it just to play the CS:S beta. omg as if there not gonna make millions from hl2 anyways. im NOT going to buy it ill just go over to my friends hosue and playit when iwant(cause he has CZ.)

...I love uninformed, useless posts such as this :)

Darkknighttt said:

#1. CZ does not suck.

#2. They are going to make millions of profit with HL2.

#3. Your friend is a loyal fan unlike you who leeches off him.

CZ is greatly entertaining IMHO and worthwhile if just for the bots and updated hosties.

For those who want to play the beta but have an aversion to buying CZ for reasons ethical, moral, fiscal or other then there is an answer.
Go and play it at a cybercafe.

Using Cybercafes and CZ owners allows Valve to have a tight and current focus group; the added sales for CZ this move provides is just an extra bonus for them and, while doubtless acknowledged by Valve, would not have been the consideration for this move.

Again, IMHO, of course.

Like they've said already, Valve are doing it like that for two reasons:

1) To limit the amount of feedback they'll have to get.
2) To give CS:CZ owners more bang for their buck. Some people paid $40/£25 for that game and they didn't get much back for it. There's a lot of people out there that refuse to buy CZ because it's not worth it. Valve are just trying to make it worth it for you.

They're just blatently trying to help out sales of CZ. "Giving back to the community" my ass.

You were expecting to Beta test the game if they weren't going to have this CZ deal? Of course its giving back to the community, the community that bought CZ. If people don't like it then don't buy it. Its not that difficult of a concept.

If they had said that anyone that bought the original HL was entitled to beta test then I am sure that everyone here would not be complaining at all, but then isn't it the same concept as what they are doing now with CZ? Who cares if they are going to try and boost CZ sales, you had no chance of getting to beta test before and its not like they are forcing anyone to actually buy the game.

People are basically paying money to have a much greater chance of beta testing a game (maybe even guaranteed) where before they had no chance at all, and your getting a game in the process. Suck it up and accept that Valve has the right to do whatever the hell they want and that you shouldn't be complaining about anything considering they havn't taken away anything from you, as a matter of fact they have given you a new option.

LoL!. Cz ownerZ and CyberCafffez. Understand it and Exept it.

It can't be so hard?.

Back