A

AutoSear

;(

This sucks so bad...

Attachments

• steam.gif
    steam.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 758
A memory error. Try a re-boot.. and if that doesn't work delete the old CS:Source content and re-load it from scratch.

That's the exact error i get anyone know anything about this?

I tried rebooting and deleting two of the smaller gcf's and the folder under my email. No go :(

Here are my system specs:

AMD64 3200+ Clawhammer
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
Corsair 1GB
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Catalyst 4.9b)

WinXP SP2

Those with similar problems, plz post your specs :)

Well why don't you all compare specifications / drivers / setup / etc. Maybe you'll find some common paramaters?

AutoSear said:

I have 4.9b's and I suspect they are the problem. Personally I'd say get rid of them if you're done with Doom 3 and install 4.8's

AutoSear said:
Here are my system specs:

AMD64 3200+ Clawhammer
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
Corsair 1GB

WinXP SP2

Those with similar problems, plz post your specs :)

Don't restart ur pc! I have sp2 and 4.9b drivers and i have to start in safe mode. I need help, I think it may be to do with the 3 beta's we are using :s

Athlon AMD XP 3200+
Crucial 1gig ram
nvidia 6800 ultra
asus a7n8x deluxe

i dont think its the 4.9b driver, then

Or maybe it's the Windows XP SP2 pack.

Microsoft reported that a lot of games wouldn't work after.

i got that, restarted and it all worked

Same error for me

Here are my PC specs:

AthlonXP 2500+
1Gb mem
MSI TI4200-8x AGP
MSI K7N2G-ILSR Motherboard
Windows XP SP2

Is everyone else that's having problems using SP2 as well?

Just talked to my buddy on the phone. He's running SP2 and it works fine for him.

Its not sp2 and not ati drivers... Its just steam... Their is way to many people trying to do this at the same time and its buckleing under the pressure. I dont belive that valves monitor is correct considering that we kept getting the retry servers to busy msg and according to the bandwith things their was enough to do 2 steams LOL.

Now you see why they wanted to wait till 3am in most places.... Steam cant even handle america and canada trying to play!

It's not nVidia Drivers either .... I just downgraded from 61.77 to 56.72, and it didn't help :(

It's not my smeelly socks either, I just got a clean pair and it didn't help... well it did help, but only me, not the computer.

You know, I dont think the warez servers are haveing this much lag... LOL

Darn steam doesnt even know if a game is full or not... you will see 20 of 40 and when you try to get in... its full

I've got 4.8 and it doesn't work, I can get in the server but when I try to spawn I get it.

Shit this is the SAME error I'm getting, except for me it sometimes crashes to desktop, and sometimes loops sound with black screen forcing me to reboot. Specs:

A64 3200+
Sapphire 9800 Pro (official Cat 4.8s)
1GB Mushkin PC3200
WinXP Pro SP1
Asus K8V-SE Deluxe Mobo

Well, I deleted my gcf's and I'm going to try downloading it again. This better work... :x

I got that error when I didn't have absolutely everything loaded and tried to join a game.

Make sure that your completion is at 100% before you try again.

I bet it is SP2. I had SP2 installed an NUMEROUS applications/games were giving me this problem, exact same error. Try uninstalling SP2, and then try running it. It fixed my problem. Sure, you have to lose SP2, but I'd rather wait for a bug-free version of it.

Cleared my game cache, redownloaded making sure it was 100% (even rebooted and restarted steam). Same crash :sleep:

All I can say, is I bet there will be a HUUUUUGE uprising at the steam forums tomorrow.

Grrrrr this is bullshiz...I want my CS:S Damnit! And it better not be because of SP2, or I will be enfuriated!

I have a different problem, mine crashes and sais something about antialiasing not being set properly, io have win2000pro 9600xt 256mb, DX9c and the 4.8 cats...

Anyone have the same crash bug as me??

works fine SP2 here. I was getting this error as well but here's how i fixed it.

G oto the Steam directory and go to SteamApps, Delete the local copy of CS:S (not the GCF files). I'm talking about the SteamApps/<email>/Counter Strike Source/ Delete that folder. reload steam so it rebuild and then try. it worked for me

Back