CS:S crashes, pic inside

Get rid of the Sp2! I knew this service pack was trouble from the beginning... my advice to you, for future things, is not to run it.

it's not SP2. I'm runing SP2 and playing just fine.

You can try either both my fix or O'Neill's both have solved the problems for ourselves and other people.

Conkorg i highly recommend trying my fix first if that doesn't work give O'Neill's a try. The ehapsize is telling it what memory chunks to use or something like that i believe. Which can chug your pc if your not careful

kussie said:
it's not SP2. I'm runing SP2 and playing just fine.

You can try either both my fix or O'Neill's both have solved the problems for ourselves and other people.

Conkorg i highly recommend trying my fix first if that doesn't work give O'Neill's a try. The ehapsize is telling it what memory chunks to use or something like that i believe. Which can chug your pc if your not careful

Kussie I tried urs it didnt work :( I am gonna try O'Neill's now :p

ive tried every fix posted here nothign works
the error is
somthign somthign at "0x241691d6" referenced memory at "0x00e45d80" The memory could not be "read"

and i usually dont even get an error it just dumps to desktop

Mine starts up fine gets onto the screen with the 2 CS guys and then just crashes straight back to desktop....
ATI 9600 Pro 128
2.4 GHz CPU
512 RAM
Latest ATi Drivers
SP1

This just plain sucks..... :(

I'm getting the same error.... I've tried both those fixes and still nothing :(

I always get that error when I join the 30+ players servers. Anything below that works extremely good.
My specs:
P4 3.0 Ghz, 512 MB ram, Ati Radeon 9800 pro.

My CS worked fine but then i turned up the graphics just to see if my PC could take it and i got that error, i then turned the Anti-aliasing and antistropic filtering back down and it worked fine again!

It could just be it doesn't like the really high graphics settings.

yeah weird that was the error i was getting and deleting the folder solved it fo rme :S

genocide604 said:
I have a different problem, mine crashes and sais something about antialiasing not being set properly, io have win2000pro 9600xt 256mb, DX9c and the 4.8 cats...

Anyone have the same crash bug as me??

I don't have CSS, but go into your options and make sure Anti-Aliasing is set to "Application Preference"

Well to "fix" the memory problem
load CS 1.6
alt+tab and load cs:s
you won't see the menu but try clicking things where it should be.
You can't join any servers only create one.
Well, this sucks but better than nothing.

Scaramanga said:
Well to "fix" the memory problem
load CS 1.6
alt+tab and load cs:s
you won't see the menu but try clicking things where it should be.
You can't join any servers only create one.
Well, this sucks but better than nothing.

Start CS:S with -console

then you can join servers by typing connect <ip address>

I have almost the same problem. When I try to load the stress test or the audio test it crashes with a simmilar memory error.

I get simmilar memory errors too when I close any other application. All this after sp2.

You m8, I had the same error for some games cause my memory is full of dll: type the following line in you run window

Rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks

press enter. wait 1 min then play :E :cheers:

erm what if you have 1GB of RAM. Theres no way that 1GB is taken up from other things.

I had this problem with CS 1.6 when I was joining non Cheating Death protected with CD turned on.

Lower the clock of your ram. Worked for me, and then I could clock the cpu higher because I used to be limited by ram speed.

PS: I don't think it is a problem with SP2 because I don't have it and I got the error too... Before I lowered the clock on my ram that is...

I got this once in awhile, it had to do with FRAPS running and me pressing the hotkey to shoot a video :p

So exiting FRAPS fixed it.

I have SP2, no errors here.

lol! its working!!!!!!!! :E

Just delete Steam (save all gcf files) and download it from steampowered.com! then install it and past all the source\CS source gcf files (ONLY!) into SteamApps folder! and thats it! no more memory errors!!! :E

Back