CS:S is not HL2's full multiplayer

clarky003

Tank
Reaction score
"CS:S is not HL2's full multiplayer " :dozey:

as stated in the new PCG, from what the article says CS:S is going to included in the special edition version , but will firstly be available via steam. and a few other source adaptations of old multiplayers.

its really as simple as that. :D.. go out and buy it, read it for yourself

So...wait? Do we party or something?

/me is confuzzled.

yeh PCG uk,, lol, party :naughty: ,, yeh basically it puts to rest the doubts about HL2 not having its own multiplayer

edti: wow kool!,, just noticed this ;),, the new PCG, has major mod news :) from the internet community,, theres pictures from Neotokyo.. the HL2 mod :)

DC9884 said:
Is all this gonna be in the US version too?

Valve is a US-based company....

You do the thinking.

EDIT: Oh...magazine...stupid me. :eek:

yeh, they should know :), PCG uk got it straight from valve.. so we have HL2 multiplayer,, and all the source steam MP stuff to go with it :).

He's asking if the news articles are going to be in the US PC Gamer....

how are we supposed to know..?? havnt seen it, but its most likely

So it sounds like the special edition of HL2 will be out after the release of HL2. ;(

yeh it does :( oh well,, atleast now we know HL2 has its own MP, :) , which was daft to doubt in the first place :rolleyes: .

usually special editions do come out later anyway. Thinking about it why would they bring out all their products at once..?

its just common sense,

the special edition wont have to come out later. i thought CS:S was coming out the same day as HL2. ill email gabe now. ok, hopefully well get an answer soon.

yeh on steam too , but CS:S isnt HL2's multiplayer, so you'll have to buy it seperately

What are you talking about dude. Warcraft III special edition came out at the release. Only those Disney pr0n movies come out special edition after like a 10th annual commerorative anniversary. :dozey:

Maybe it simply means that the other conversions will make up the whole of the Multiplayer aspect and CS:S is just a part of it.

clarky003 said:
"(CS:S) will firstly be available via steam. and a few other source adaptations of old multiplayers.

Couple of theories.

1) HL2 collector's edition will be released after HL2.
2) CS:S will be released before HL2. :O

I think Duracell's got it,, .. but we are just theorising on the special edition release after HL2 hits the shelves..

1) not sure, they didnt mention that
2) they said at the same time, on steam, and on the shelves, seperate to HL2 i think

here are the list of games in the Mag that valve said they are porting to source :

1) origional half life , and expansion packs.

2)Day of Defeat

3)Counterstrike , "which will apparently be released at the same time as HL2 (suggests seperately) and will be part of HL2's special edition pack"

"Counterstrike source isnt , as some internet reports concluded , HL2's full multiplayer"

clarky003 said:
I think Duracell's got it,, .. but we are just theorising on the special edition release after HL2 hits the shelves..

1) not sure, they didnt mention that
2) they said at the same time, on steam, and on the shelves, seperate to HL2 i think

Wait clarky, does the mag say that HL2 will have it's own multiplayer. It's true that cs:s isn't hl2's full multiplayer, and we know it now for sure...but that still doesn't mean that hl2 will be a game that has it's own MP.

For all we know it can be a SP, and cs:s would not be it's MP. That's a statement the mag might have made, but it doesn't say that hl2 has it's own MP.

dont be silly, use your intuition,, HL1 had its own multiplayer, the majority of FPS's do. Valve wouldnt of dropped the HL2 multiplayer aspect, as it was seen to be apparent in the leak,, they would have to be mad.

clarky003 said:
dont be silly, use your intuition,, HL1 had its own multiplayer, the majority of FPS do.

Yet valve then openly claimed that the game has MP supported. All this secrecy now...

yeh , probably because its something really special :D , their diamond in the rough of multiplayers

clarky003 said:
here are the list of games in the Mag that valve said they are porting to source :

1) origional half life , and expansion packs.

2)Day of Defeat

3)Counterstrike , "which will apparently be released at the same time as HL2 (suggests seperately) and will be part of HL2's special edition pack"

"Counterstrike source isnt , as some internet reports concluded , HL2's full multiplayer"
No TFC? :sniper:

Or the most obvious way of doing things -

Special addition will hit the shelves, and give you the ability to download CS:S when it is released + other mods. Most people are on broadband now, and I can not see anyone on 56k being able to play HL2 very well online, so it will just work as activation, like CS:CZ.

still no word on the cost for the conversions? Do we know for a fact that it will cost money or is them being free still a possibility?

I'm thinking they will let you buy them via steam individually for 10 bucks or so, or let you buy all them as a pack for 30 bucks or something. Well, that's what i'm hoping. Don't quote me on this though, purely speculation.

From what i understand, TFC will be converted. I think these are all the conversions that are confirmed:

TFC
Blue Shift
Opposing Force
Original Half Life
DoD
Counter Strike

If i missed any please let me know.

Gorgon said:
yes finaly the truth revealed

/me looks for truth

Where's the freakin' truth? Linxz0rz? Pleeeeeeeease.

Unless you're talking about the HL Radio show tonight? :O

clarky003 said:
yeh , probably because its something really special :D , their diamond in the rough of multiplayers

We can only hope. If valve makes it possible to pick up living people with the manipulator gun in death match and play around in some humungous map. The possibilites....some mode where you can kill with the environment only...crane bashing...vehicle racing..mmm

TFC wasnt officially mentioned.(maybe because of TF2?) however Half life and all its add ons , yes.

We can only hope. If valve makes it possible to pick up living people with the manipulator gun in death match and play around in some humungous map.

Oh you know its coming ;), valve rule remember, and thats most possibly why they havnt splurted loads of info about it yet.

This is kinda offtopic, but Calrk, it kind annoys me when you talk about the word Valve and give it a plural verb. Ex.: He IS cool. They ARE cool. I look @ Valve as the object Valve, a singular noun. Not like Valves. So why do it to a company. Argh
I'm bored.

lonefox said:
Maybe english isn't his first language?

Only language I know! :rolling:

LOL, I'm learning French, but I grew up with English.

Valve is cool.

NOT: Valve are cool.

:bounce:

goldenboi said:
Only language I know! :rolling:

LOL, I'm learning French, but I grew up with English.

Valve is cool.

NOT: Valve are cool.

:bounce:

Yes, that annoys me as well.

Anyways, that's great to hear. I will first finish HL2 single player, try HL2 multiplayer, then try HL1:S, then CS:S, then DoD:S, and finally both expansions in source.

I think DoD:S will be my favorite source conversion.

This is kinda offtopic, but Calrk, it kind annoys me when you talk about the word Valve and give it a plural verb. Ex.: He IS cool. They ARE cool. I look @ Valve as the object Valve, a singular noun. Not like Valves. So why do it to a company. Argh
I'm bored.

wtf , in this case valve are a company (as in the people working there make up 'Valve').. sorry if it annoys you :rolleyes:

but Calrk
:upstare:

clarky003 said:
yeh PCG uk,, lol, party :naughty: ,, yeh basically it puts to rest the doubts about HL2 not having its own multiplayer

edti: wow kool!,, just noticed this ;),, the new PCG, has major mod news :) from the internet community,, theres pictures from Neotokyo.. the HL2 mod :)
No, it puts to doubt that CS:S is HL2s Multiplayer... It may say that CS:S isnt, but does it say there there is one atall?

u know what your right, i dont know.,, but for christ all mighty, use your common sense :rolleyes:

Back