Cs:s Project

FreemanHL2

Reaction score
Ok well... lots of big modding ideas and time consuming work is always being posted on these forums... My idea is a much smaller project.

Valve seems very busy lately and there is a clear lack of counterstrike: source updates/maps being released to the public. I think we should put together a team of mappers and concept artists dedicated to recreating the old counterstrike maps and updating them for the source engine.

I think it would be very possible to submit the maps to valve and perhaps even have them added to the game through a steam update... I dont see why 2 or 3 mappers and a concept artist wouldnt be enugh...

Its just an idea. I am by no means taking the leadership role in this project, it would be a team effort, with everyones opinion just as important. My role in the team would be mapper/texturer. I see no reason why we would need any modelers/programmers for the project as valve have already established a very large base of game content for modders to use.

It would be good to have a much smaller, less time consuming project to work on. Seeing your work finished faster is great motivation for a team. If anyone is interested gimme a shout! And post some of your work in here. Anyone is welcome... as long as you are good :LOL:

These maps need to be good (think cs_milita), quality standards are very high, so dont join unless your sure you can do it. Cheers :thumbs:

So, do you have 2000 dedicated playtesters? Oh wait no you don't.

ok first of 'the brick' thanx for the smart ass comment, **** you ;) and unfortunately I wasnt aware of another modding team in existence... But obviously there is another team... Thanx anyway

PS: That link is broken

lol thanx for actually making sense yorick lol anyway no ones interested so its all cool no problemos lol

Normal players will not test every possible action in any possible situation all day long. They will join the server, probably leave because of the large download, then play it and conclude that it sucks/is full of bugs and leave... Only people that are in direct contact with you would give feedback. You need playtesters for a professional map.

Normal players will not test every possible action in any possible situation all day long. They will join the server, probably leave because of the large download, then play it and conclude that it sucks/is full of bugs and leave... Only people that are in direct contact with you would give feedback. You need playtesters for a professional map.

If you posted a map on these forums people would play it and have no problem getting right back to you with feedback.

All you need for a professional map is for the mapper to not be a moron. Being a perfectionist and/or having friends helps.

Back