CS: Source beta when for ati and CZ users?

Nex321

Reaction score
Anyone knows when it is? I heard somewhere that its on 18th this month but don't know if it true or not. Why I'm asking is because I want to buy Condition Zero a day or 2 before the Source beta is on.

dont buy it for the beta, just wait for the release with hl2, you only get to play for like a week with cs cz or with the ati coupon just wait. and the preloading should start on the 17 aug and you will be able to play beta the following day i think. if you have the money buy it used or something sont buy it new its still 39.99$ cya man

I don't have CZ either, and I'm VERY tempted to buy it just for CS:S. However I don't think it's worth $40 if I'll only be able to play for a week or so.

Its 20 bucks here. Thats why I'm buying it.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll get it on 17th then

when i make a new account with my ati voucher for the beta, half life 2 and the premier pack. will i still be able to receive half life 2 in retail?

i already sent al the stuff requirred(or something like it) to receive the retail version

i doubt it'll be the retail version, you will just get two cds for hl2 and one for cssource just so they can save the money and time not to send you the stuff/for example i ordered a retail x800pro online and they dust sent me the card and the cds in a brown box lol it looked used but it was untouched

my question is if i can insert my cd-key in steam with a new account and play half life 2 when its released and then still receive the retail version 6 weeks later?

KillaH said:
my question is if i can insert my cd-key in steam with a new account and play half life 2 when its released and then still receive the retail version 6 weeks later?
I don't see why not. You'll need to pay the S&H fees though. It's the same CD-key.

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
i doubt it'll be the retail version, you will just get two cds for hl2 and one for cssource just so they can save the money and time not to send you the stuff/for example i ordered a retail x800pro online and they dust sent me the card and the cds in a brown box lol it looked used but it was untouched

That's called OEM (original equipment manufacturer) condition.

Oh, and you can get CS:CZ for $23 bucks from newegg.com and a few other places.

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
dont buy it for the beta, just wait for the release with hl2, you only get to play for like a week with cs cz or with the ati coupon just wait. and the preloading should start on the 17 aug and you will be able to play beta the following day i think. if you have the money buy it used or something sont buy it new its still 39.99$ cya man

2 weeks....

KillaH said:

It depends on the installation/setup procedure whether you'll be able to change the CD key of the installation, but why would you want to? What exactly is the question? Will ATI know not to send you a physical version if you use the CD key for a steam-download install? My understanding was that the ATI vouchers don't get you any version on CD, just the key.

Mr Neutron said:
It depends on the installation/setup procedure whether you'll be able to change the CD key of the installation, but why would you want to? What exactly is the question? Will ATI know not to send you a physical version if you use the CD key for a steam-download install? My understanding was that the ATI vouchers don't get you any version on CD, just the key.

if you send some stuff in like i did (copy of cd-key, copy of receipt, bar code, etc..) you can receive the retail copy of the game but it will take 4 to 6 weeks before it arrives

but i will make a new account with the key tommorow so i can play cs:s

Back