cs_asylum_beta

Z

Z3r0_Skull

Here are some pics of a map im working on. Its my first one. Its going to take place at a mental asylum. If any body has any pointers or ideas tell me.

takes skillz. takes mad skillz. actually i dont know how to explain...>< i know how, but dont know how to explain. i suck at explaining.

lets see

Attachments

• cs_asylum_beta0000.jpg
    cs_asylum_beta0000.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 347
Heres the rest of the pics.

Attachments

• cs_asylum_beta0002.jpg
    cs_asylum_beta0002.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 293
  • cs_asylum_beta0003.jpg
    cs_asylum_beta0003.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 274
  • cs_asylum_beta0008.jpg
    cs_asylum_beta0008.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 287
  • cs_asylum_beta0006.jpg
    cs_asylum_beta0006.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 300
looks really good, all I can say, is if you have any problems, it's usually something simple...
and if, while play testing, you notice a texture face is black, even when a flashlight is shined on it, I really dont know an easier way of fixing this problem (I had it A LOT in my mario map), I ended up just rebuilding the blokc until it didnt do that...

It's actually annoying, but map making isn't hard... it's just tedious

I like the hanging people, adds a nice touch to it, I think

its a nice feel to it, but i would bet a large sum of mony that the name cs_asylium is alredy used.

To be honest, it doesn't look fun at all; it really just looks like a bunch of props and a tree with bodies hanging from it.

Are you using the CS:S mapping config? You have a lot of Half-Life 2 models in there that AREN'T in the CS:S one.

Is there an actual indoor asylum? Cause so far the map looks kinda plain IMO

Its not done yet, I just started working on it on monday. I wanted to see what people thougt. Theres going to be alot more.

I knew there would be an indoor place eventualy, but I think you should wait to call this a beta if its not all mapped out yet.

update to cs_asylum

Hey here are some new screens of my upcoming first map. I am a slow builder so it may not seem like much. please comment anything about it. also im getting extremly low framerates, if anybody can help me out about that. thanks

Nice work. The darkness could add a good dynamic to gameplay. That big open space needs something in it though. I'm sure you've got something planned.

Wow, some of those outdoor scenes look really cool. One comment, the guy hanging from the tree is a little low to the ground, no? Maybe shorten that rope a bit so he's about halfway up the oak.

The bricktextures need to be changed, seriously. Both on the house but especially on the outdoor thingy if you haven't already.

:thumbs: zero skull, you put my foot in my mouth, the map is turning out extremely well IMO. I love the lighting and the desolate nature of the map really gives the map a.... errrrrr desolate scary feel... anyways keep up the good work :thumbs:

can any one tell me why my fps are so crapy. the pictures i posted above have the fps in the top right corner. Thier hard to read but just the ones that are red.

did you use many func_details, area_portal textures, and nodraw'ed non-visible faces? if so, then no. If not, then learn about those things.

I used func_details and nodraw. but not area_portals. would area portals make my map run alot faster. can you give me a link to a tutorial on how to use area portals.

ok i made a few areaportals, but when I open a door, before I walk through it thiers nothin in the next room, and when I walk through it every thing appers. what do I do?

stop givin the guy a hard time at least he is trying....hanging bodies...looks fun!

Back