CSs Doesn't show servers

wonkers

Reaction score
I have been screwing around with steam and counterstrike source for a while and can't seem to get it to populate the servers list.

For starters I will tell you what the problem is.

[] When I start CSs and then click servers, when it trys to get server info it only shows one server and it's always empty and it's always slow. When I add a server that I know should have people it says that it isn't respoding no matter what. When I double click the server it starts to join that server which will be empty.

I can't find *ANY*! counterstrike servers. I also can't properly select the right filters. It doesn't seem to let me select all. Also when I am outside of the counterstrike program and use steam to find ANY server it says it can't find any. NO DOD, CS, HL.

That's the problem.

I turned off all the firewalls to see if that was blocking them and that's not the problem. I also turned off script blocking in Nortan Anti-Virus. I have disabled auto-protect as well and that doesn't help either.

I have a serious problem with opening certain ports but havn't gotten to that yet. My computer was breached a while ago by some hacker and now every port or access has been closed tighter than a NUN'S you know what. This is for security. That's the only thing I can think is screwing up steam right now.

Anyhelp would be great. I would need one hell of a good description to open ports just for some dumb game. Why does steam work but the servers don't? It updated and everything! It's bizarre.

No one can HELP me? Damn. It seems like such a weird PROBLEM.

HAVE the exact problem - No servers on list when I refresh but it works on my laptop... wtf is the problem??

try to search for servers in other online games if the same problem happen then i think you should delete the game and reinstall it or delete the Anti-Virus.

its happen to my friend he use e-trust in his computer but when he try to search for a server nothing happen but when he deleted it he find srevers. I dont know if it will work with u so if u like try it.

I get this same problem, there must be something easier to do other than re-installing

I found out that the firmware for the router I own sucked. I tried everything and still steam was F**Ked. Then the router firmware was changed and bamb now it forwards ports.

It's still ****ed up though. I own a SMC 7004VBR router and can't really say it's anygood.

I have new problems seeing as how even though I have a ping always under 80 CSs skipps in 3 second stutters. I am losing serious patience with THE SOURCE engine.

I always try and keep an open mind but it's just one damn problem after another. The router may be my problem but the sound stuttering in HL then the 3 sec stutter in CSs is just retarded.

...Never had these problems with the origenal HL engine then again it wasn't really made by valve. What's that tell yah.

Back