CSS Menu screen background changed

deltron zero

Reaction score
Ok my CSS menu screen background has somehow ben changed. It now has a different picture and says www.punkassfraggers.com on the picture. I'm assuming it somehow got changed when I joined a server. IS there a way to change it back?

It would of changed when you installed a map pack by the punk ass fraggers.

If someone can host it for me I can post the original background, (I edited it to remove the blur). the filesize is 1.4MB and you have to copy it in this folder:

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\Your@Account\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\console

I only need a site where I can upload it

Hey all,
I'm SoopaFlyYT, I made the PAF Map Pack.

The good news is that the PAF background didn't overwrite anything. It was just a little add-on.
the bad news is.... hey, why don't you like the PAF background??
lol

it's very simple to remove,
just go to your/Steam/SteamApps/EMAIL/Counter-Strike Source/cstrike/materials/console folder and delete the background01.vtf file and you will be back to normal. You don't have to download the original because the map pack didn't replace the original, it just added a custom element. Like adding a custom player model etc.

Cheers,

Soopa

ummm, how can I make a background for my console... do i have to convert an image to *.vtf :dozey:

SoopaFlyYT said:
Hey all,
I'm SoopaFlyYT, I made the PAF Map Pack.

The good news is that the PAF background didn't overwrite anything. It was just a little add-on.
the bad news is.... hey, why don't you like the PAF background??
lol

it's very simple to remove,
just go to your/Steam/SteamApps/EMAIL/Counter-Strike Source/cstrike/materials/console folder and delete the background01.vtf file and you will be back to normal. You don't have to download the original because the map pack didn't replace the original, it just added a custom element. Like adding a custom player model etc.

Cheers,

Soopa

thank you very much.

yeah it would be nice for someone to make a tutorial on how to make a custom bg. So please help, anyone....

Back