Damn Popups!!!

I've noticed it on other computers as well, just this site :/

But I like many others are not getting any popups. I stopped having them after I scanned my PC. It is most likely you that have spyware, only the spyware is programmed to activate when you come to this site, maybe it looks which site you visit the most and hence would trust pop ups from.

Definately NOT my system.
Its totally clean - I run Ad-Aware every other day and just now done a full Win Defender scan. Any cleaner and it would start smelling of soap!!! :p

Shadow-warrior said:

Definantly is your system. I've never gotten pop ups from this site in the time I've been here.

I've never gotten pop ups, but I use Opera, and haven't seen a pop up in years.

Shadow-warrior said:
Its totally clean - I run Ad-Aware every other day and just now done a full Win Defender scan. Any cleaner and it would start smelling of soap!!! :p
Have you tried running a full scan( not a smart scan) in safe mode. Cause the two spyware windows defender picked up were picked up only in full scan mode not in smart scan or regular scan.

How about you sit on my lap and we'll talk about whatever pops up? :naughty:

Dammed I just came here from gamespot and FF prevented an errorsafe popup, it seems I have been infected again with dammed spyware.

last few days for me also , and i have every popup stopper available and anti-spyware prog . they seem to get past the pop up stopper to

I've never had a pop-up on this site to memory.

I've been getting a few media.fastclick popups. BUT... I reckon that should change with the virus scan I am doing now.

I've noticed this too and it's only here. Scanned everything with McAfee, Symantec Corporate, and AdAware. It's not my system, it's the forum. Last couple days too just as others have said.

Just had one on this very page from "Systemdoctor 2006" doing its fake system scan crap then trying to stuff an ActiveX file onto my machine.

The site has been erratic the past week.... I browse mostly from work and it's definitely not the machine I'm working from.

I guess the admins should check the site for spyware! D:

Although I haven't seen any popups yet I wouldn't be surprised if there was one. For some reason the ad company is showing adverts I have banned from the system so anything could show up.

Denfinately not a ad/spyware problem. I just got a new computer(yay) And got some popups right after a reformat with only steam and oblivion installed as of now.

btw, they were ads from tribalfusion which seems to be the banner service here. Banners are probably making the popups, tbh

There is one advert thats a dodgy 'download stuff legit!' thing but theres no trace of it in the ad system. I am still waiting to hear back from the ad company about keeping the banned adverts banned. :|

I actualy don't see ads on the forum at all anymore and I don't even have adblock installed.

I'm at an internet cafe and I just got the same pop up I get from home.
It's called cybersafe or something like that and trys to rick you into downloading spyware to scan your pc for virus's.

I just got a popup on the forum too, first thing I did was come to Site Feedback to see if anyone else was getting them. I guess they are :| Firefox says it blocked a popup from this site but the popup appeared anyway.

Back