Dark Messiah Media Update

Ennui said:
rofl this looks so much better than SiNEp D:
hahaha ! true. :D

-dodo

edit: are these shadows made by the fire, because i thought that the source engine only had shadows casted by the angles of the light_enviroment.

2.jpg

Ah-amazing!
Delicious graphics! =D
I've been following this game for a while now, and I can't wait for it!
The combat looks awesome, and totally intense! Mmm, decapitation...

I work at a LAN center where I regularly see Oblivion running on a 360 on a 60" screen.. PC looks better, i promise.

and Dark Messiah looks ridiculously sexy

lePobz said:
BS. Unless you mean oblivion on your PC, in which case that would probably look just as bad. Oblivion on my 360 looks a lot better than this ... and thanks to the limitations of Source, is probably much bigger than this game ever will be.

Just as a side note, Oblivion looks loads better on PC on maximum graphics than it does on the 360. I own it for both, and my PC looks far better. :)

IMO Oblivion's only USP was the SpeedTree technology :|
And even then they managed to make the trees and leaves too shiny. :p

605Scorpion said:
Indeed. Crysis looks much better.Nonetheless, I still believe Crysis is overhyped and overrated; I have serious doubts the Crysis that ships in a bajillion years is going to look like this.

The tech demo stuff from Crytek regarding their engine is impressive, however I want to see the actual NPCs walking/talking and interacting with the viewer. If they can couple the visuals with the sort of NPC immersiveness that Valve are able to achieve with Source then I'd be truly impressed.

Back