Darwinia demo out

Betelgeuze said:
I love it! In other RTS games I dont care if one of my units die, I replace it with another one and send it to war, but in darwinia I feel bad when one of the Darwinians die. I have the feeling that they really need me and thats great!

lol i agree. this game is very unique when it comes to gameplay and motivation of the storyline...
its worth buying

TwwIX said:
could this be anymore overhyped?

i poop on it!

You go and poop you big... pooper.

Darwinia wan't hyped in March when it was released, so give it a second chance now.

I just DLed the demo and tried it out for about 3 minutes and had no idea what the HELL was going on, haha (didn't even realize when the cutscene ended). Doesn't seem to be any tutorials or anything in-game, but I'm gonna jump back into it and learn how to play.

Link said:
*Taps watch. Looks at valve*

Ahem...

It's 4 in Seattle isn't it? Wish they'd released it at 3...

Anyway, two more posts to Senior Member so gogogo!

Salamandra said:
That was good. A few problems, but good.

For example: If a new leader comes through a portal, as soon as he gets there, all Darwinians abandon the leader they're currently following, and go to the one that has just come through (assuming that both of those leaders have the magical attraction thing applied). In the middle of a battle... kind of annoying. The leader gets left to die, and the spawn point I just captured gets taken back because there's no one there anymore.
Ah yes... the tutorial that the demo is didn't give good instructions on how to use officers.
But I figured this out:
If you use the goto function of the officeres all the darwinians near him will follow the red dots that travel to the way point. You can you use the goto function to tell darwinians to go through a portal, then you can make another officer on the other side of the portal with another goto function to a battle zone. and have an officer there with the follow command to collect them. you can kinda make a chain of officers that direct the darwinians to the battle zone.

I need to transfer money to the debit card I have that's accepted by steam (Visa Electron btw), soon as I do I'm buying RDKF and this (I already have Darwinia but what the hey, I like it and I like Steam, I'll give my physical copy to my brother or something). Getting the new demo now, extra content FTW.

Valve seriously need to start accepting paypal payments. I reckon they'd make twice as many sales.

edit: ooh, the demo is really cool. Although I've taken over the island and it's just sitting there, no ending sequence...
edit2: nvm, I got it ;) great demo

we11er said:
Valve seriously need to start accepting paypal payments. I reckon they'd make twice as many sales.

edit: ooh, the demo is really cool. Although I've taken over the island and it's just sitting there, no ending sequence...

Wait a minute or two for the ship to be fully refulled and then you'll get an ending sequence ;)

Btw I love this game, I think I might just buy it :stare:

I want to buy it, but I threw away my student credit card because I don't want to be in any more debt :p

I just emailed valve asking them if they could support some more payment methods... paypal has a good system which I'm sure they could integrate into steam.

Cool demo. Better than the first one that was released earlier this year. Isn't this developing studio on the brink of bankruptcy?

Yogibbear said:
Great Demo!

Lovely Gameplay!

I'm buying it tomorrow!

Haha bought it today...

Second Level I only got 146 of them instead of 150... so now I have to redo...

Back