Dave's HL2 Sketches

someone should draw glados

yeah someone really should do that

i guess we'll just have to wait

o btw i drew glados

gladosdrawing600.jpg

Apologies for the shitty image, scanner's broken so I had to use my camera. Just imagine that the shiny bits are a mid-grey tone.

edit2: If at all possible, can I get this one at 1920x1200?

whiteforestapproach88cz4.jpg

1600 x 1200 is the best I can do, strange because I thought I had a larger version. Sorry I took so long to get back to you.

WOW!

Dave your sketches are amazing!
All are really great, the ones that stand out for me are the gunship and the Borealis one! Really cool style!

Weren't you working for HE for a short period of time? :p

Anyways, nice sketches.

Great stuff my lad!
Impressive, I realy love the hunter sketch. You should maybe draw a Strider or a Gunship, or even a Combine chopper, that would be really nice!
You might see my art aswell at www.dyart.webs.com
I draw too but Im not even near your skills.
Congrats!

Weren't you working for HE for a short period of time? :p

Anyways, nice sketches.

Indeed I was. It didn't take long for me to realise I am terrible at drawing other people's ideas. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. ;)

Great stuff my lad!
Impressive, I realy love the hunter sketch. You should maybe draw a Strider or a Gunship, or even a Combine chopper, that would be really nice!
You might see my art aswell at www.dyart.webs.com
I draw too but Im not even near your skills.
Congrats!

Thanks for the kind words, great art as well! I particularly like the Xen one. Nice to see someone else doing pencil drawings of Half-Life, not many of us around. :p

Great work, but I have yet not seen any Antlions...
how about a guard?

scanner's broken are terrible photos good enough

episodetwomontagewip.jpg

cecilh.jpg

starting to draw things i've not done yet, such as vorts, and soon antlions (guard included)

Impressive! The darker style really fits the Borealis in my opinion.
Second, I really love the shading done on Cecil.
Just from curiosity, wasn't Cecil the scientist vort with the lab coat?

Impressive! The darker style really fits the Borealis in my opinion.
Second, I really love the shading done on Cecil.
Just from curiosity, wasn't Cecil the scientist vort with the lab coat?

I like the amount of contrast on the Borealis as well, even if it did use all of my permanent markers. I'm hoping that when we finally see the ship in the next game it'll be in a very dark atmosphere with just ambient noises to give it that feeling of importance and tension.

The vort with a lab coat is called Uriah. You know I should probably draw him too. And, of course, Advisors.

I like the borealis as well, and that snow hunter on the last page was pretty nice as well. Good work!

Hey, ChiliFan. Just wanted you to know I'm loving this stuff your making and I admire your long devotion to the work, because I usually get quite bored and stop after a while of doing something. Anyway, I'm a big collector (like, seriously BIG collector) in Source related art generally but most specifically Fan-Art for Half-Life, and this stuff is brilliant for me to add up to make my collection all the more perfect!

Thanks a lot! And keep up the good work, if it's not a bother.

EDIT: Woops, I just realised this thread was almost a year old. Forgive my intrusion.

Could'ya draw alyx a prisoner of the combine or the climactic brine scene? Definitely one of the more awesome moments ofhl2.

So anyway, I know it's not HL but this is my latest finished piece. Appealing to the most niche market there is: motorcycle racing pencil artwork!

1997NiallMackenzieSmall.jpg

i just wanted to see this thread again

Woah. I thought that was a photograph at first until I noticed the pencily-ness.

excellent use of colors

I like the part with the green on it. Also all the other parts.

Wow, how long did that take you?

About three months, on and off! Probably 24 hours actual work, it's A2 size and I was rather careful not to screw up anywhere.

Four days of solid work has produced another image that is not Half-Life-related!

1997ChrisWalker800.jpg

Back