Day of Defeat: Source Review

polyguns said:
great, another 2 weeks of nothing but dod source news. wheres all the mod news ?

The mod news are mostly boring anyways. I'll get excited when some team releases something that I can play and not just look at.

well, its just suckage to hear and see nothing but dod, when i can't play the game over 56k :(

plus i just like mod news.

If people submit mod news, it gets posted*. If there's none being posted, there's none being submitted.

*subject to quality controls.

You're right Pi, but DOD has got in the way a bit this weekend so I'll be doing a round-up of the weekend's mod news when I get home :)

Chris_D said:
I think you'll find it'll be out in 90 minutes...

seems that way now...screw it, I have to go to work...but im back at 8pm, so its frag all night 4 me!

DOD: S or bust!

I don't care what anyone says, DOD: S is going to be the main shit for a while from Valve except for Lost Coast, which I feel will be cool, but last almost as long as it takes to get really into it, maybe not even that long! :dozey: I'll admint to being a very big fan of dod :sniper: , so my expectations are really up there. If this turns out to be dissapointing then there's not much else to get excited about.:farmer:

Madhotch said:
seems that way now...screw it, I have to go to work...but im back at 8pm, so its frag all night 4 me!
NOW it's 90 minutes. I got my times wrong :|

Beerdude26 said:
Chris, will there be a HL2.net server?
I'm working on it. Probably not tonight tbh.

This is an e-mail from the HL Dedicated Server mailing list:
We have made Day of Defeat: Source available to preload. You can preload
it into a fresh location or with an existing Counter-Strike: Source or
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch installation.

To preload the server run:

Win32:
Hldsupdatetool -command update -game dods -beta preload

Linux:
./steam -command update -game dods -beta preload

Note that the preload does NOT give you a functional Day of Defeat:
Source server, the last little bit of the server (a couple MB worth)
will be released when the client is later today.

If you forget to put "-beta preload" on the command line then you will
not get the preload, so don't forget it.

- Alfred
You can't preload the DOD: Soruce dedicated server files, needs to be done over the traditional update tool.

TrippyG -- One hour :)

Back