DayHard Mod is out

I played some more and I love all the "winks" here and there. I like the chapter with the "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" theme :).

I have a question, though. At the airport, at the place where you have to put the switch to turn off the forcefield, is the Ugly supposed to run away after he says "cya, loser!"? Cause he keeps on standing there, I "install" the switch, the force field vanishes, but there is an invisible wall there and I can't proceed. I used noclip to get past that and shot the Ugly in the face for not following the script (he did die) :p

And at the beginning of the game, when you get out of the window, the combine hit me with his stunstick so hard that I fell on the roof on the other side of the street and lived :). Then I fell to my death when I tried to get off the roof ;p

EDIT: More questions:

1. What am I supposed to do at the village before entering the combine castle? I got to the path leading to the castle by going through the hill shown on the pic http://img312.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hbhj1lo.jpg (path marked red). Jack was behind me, when suddenly a cutscene was triggered where Jack is climbing through the wall. So I guess I didn't play this part as it was intended by the creators.

2.Am I supposed to do anything more than killing the antlions in the village? Cause they're spawning and spawning...

There's only 1 way to enter the village undected, and that's on the left side.

BeaverMon said:
There's only 1 way to enter the village undected, and that's on the left side.

I know. My question was different. What do the mod creators want me to do in the village? I skipped that part by taking a shortcut through the hill and I'm sure that was not the way I was supposed to solve that. Therefore, if I was to play that part the way it was intended, what am I supposed to do in the village? Sneak, I know, but where to?

You got to walk over to where you see a fire burning, but you got to use stealth.
I posted what the creator told me, somewhere in this thread.
After you get to the fire, look around the area, but without being seen, for 2 boxes. Grab 1 and place it against the wall where you see a small area with a CP standing.
Grab the other box and put it ontop the other box, then hop up and over. Jack will follow you as a cutscene.

1 thing I don't understand is why does Morgan say "Eggy!" when first encountering the Combine, and other first encounters.
Same with Jack calling Morgan a "Lady". I take it he's too much of an idiot to see that Morgan is not a Lady.

Mod is so great. Love the style and gameplay. Some funny as shit goes on aswell.

BeaverMon said:
1 thing I don't understand is why does Morgan say "Eggy!" when first encountering the Combine, and other first encounters.
Same with Jack calling Morgan a "Lady". I take it he's too much of an idiot to see that Morgan is not a Lady.

thats because Jack is the same Jack from Farcry and the mod creators must of got the files from farcry and using his voice.. (damn i need farcry main theme :p)

The game constantly stutters and pauses and sometimes completely locks up to the point of rebooting the computer. I can play half-life all day long and not experince those kinds of problems. This puppy got yanked off my system. Too bad since there are almost no single player mods out there after this game (HL2) has been out for how long??

problems

I don't know if anyone is even monitoring this thread any more, but I'm having the problem where after leaving the airport, and the long cut scene, I get a black screen with theme music, but nothing else. Anyone have an idea how to get past this? Hope someone is even reading!
BrainM

This mod was so much fun, but I can't do the sneaking-into-complex-full-of-guys bit. Not even with the walkthrough. So, I gave up.

Cormeh said:
This mod was so much fun, but I can't do the sneaking-into-complex-full-of-guys bit. Not even with the walkthrough. So, I gave up.

I did my own thing there, I waited for the guard to go back towards the house and followed him and walked behind the guards hold the men and continued to the fence, hugging the houses.

Back