Dear Halflife2.net/Medlife2.net/Helplife2.net/Schoollife2.net/Life2.net....

**** yeah, Frosted. Keep this thread going and I might actually get some exercise when the snow clears.

I'll try to post in here every week or two, especially whenever I have pics/vids.

Btw, another speed vault! This was probably the highest I've ever gone with my speeds (3 boxes stacked up) and I'm not to happy with the form, not to mention I hesitated a second beforehand thinking about throwing in a rotation. Anyway, I'm finally not planting/slapping my hand down, which is a minor improvement, but it still brings me one step closer to having an efficient vault.

197717_10150146280990891_741335890_8367823_8106005_n.jpg

I also want to share a few links here to anybody who is interested/looking to get into parkour/freerunning.

Mobility/flexibility exercises - http://mobilitywod.blogspot.com/

American Parkour - http://www.americanparkour.com/ (This is how I found the team I train with all the time now and where I learned a lot about both how to do certain movements and the philosophy of parkour)

A short but powerful documentary - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxW273AJHc4

Thanks a ton HL2.net, for all of your help and advice!

I would actually do Parkour if I didn't have a life that consumed pretty much all of my time. I'd also go to the gym and take up badminton again. WOE IS ME, HL2.NET.

But no, seriously, Parkour looks awesome.

I would actually do Parkour if I didn't have a life that consumed pretty much all of my time. I'd also go to the gym and take up badminton again. WOE IS ME, HL2.NET.

But no, seriously, Parkour looks awesome.

"If I didn't have a lift that's consumed pretty much all the time."

*While staring at hl2.net*

Unless anyone knows any Parkour classes that run between 12:00am and 6:00am which is usually the time period in which I'm logged into Hl2.net?

With the best teacher of all.

PHYSICAL INJURY. :cool:

Happy for you, frosted. :v

**** yeah, Frosted. Keep this thread going and I might actually get some exercise when the snow clears.
Unless anyone knows any Parkour classes that run between 12:00am and 6:00am which is usually the time period in which I'm logged into Hl2.net?

God damn it, we're turning into ParkourLife2.net now too.

In a brief description to one of my favorite freerunners videos I read a quote that hold a lot of truth. "So long as I am afraid, I will never be free." There is a type of vault that seems to get to everyone when they're first starting and for me, that was the kong. And a kong with a drop at the end? **** that shit, I'm scared. But really, to live a life of safety and not pushing my limit to overcome fear is something I couldn't live with and so for the past few weeks I've tried to convince myself that I was doing some progressions. But it wasn't true. Until I did a kong, those "progressions" meant nothing. Finally today, with the help of two very good traceurs, I finally nailed a kong. Then I did it another hundred times. Then I finally went after the monster that stops me dead in my track. In the pics below, the drop on the other side of the wall is an obstacle that has been a limit that I've always been to afraid to push. But if we don't push our limits, how will we ever progress, improve and advance? We simply won't. First three shots are kong to precision jumps.

197174_10150143804199897_619749896_6347039_650143_n.jpg

189319_10150143803784897_619749896_6347020_6808786_n.jpg

200054_10150143803754897_619749896_6347019_3033033_n.jpg

198003_10150143803204897_619749896_6347004_2775313_n.jpg

Same kong, but to a longer precision. Couldn't quite get the landing down, so it's now on the top of my 'physical obstacles to overcome' list.

199142_10150143803679897_619749896_6347016_7133453_n.jpg

Feeling confident in my kong, I went onward to try one of the most basic moves in PK, the two-handed/side vault. But now it was with that drop. And a precision landing. Nothing spectacular, but I never had the balls to try it before. Ended up nailing it on the 2nd try.

197619_10150143803144897_619749896_6347002_562817_n.jpg

Lastly is a vault I've only ever worked in a gym, called a kash. First time trying it outside, again with a small drop on the other end. Little wonky, needs a ton of work, but I did it.

While I still lack a ton of confidence and I still haven't found everything that I am trying to find, I feel that, through these movements, I've come to be able to trust myself quite a bit. No longer looking at something and saying "I'm not strong enough" or "I just can't do that, I'll fall and die" is a pretty good thing. And coming out of a kong, arms spread at your side, legs tucked to your chest, it feels like you're flying. Like you're free.

I must say, I am kinda jealous of you Frosted.

I have tried many times to find the self-discipline to jump into new things with such a passion that you obviously have and always failed, but I guess it's just a matter of not giving up.

I must say, I am kinda jealous of you Frosted.

I have tried many times to find the self-discipline to jump into new things with such a passion that you obviously have and always failed, but I guess it's just a matter of not giving up.

Yea I usually have that problem as well. Either that or the passion dies out after oh so long. But something about freerunning is just different. Every time I fail, I usually give up, but this isn't the same. It's like, if I can't get something, I'll keep going back to it.

Lately I've been trying to kong over picnic tables. I haven't yet, but I took a video of how close I am to it and asked for advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z_JyWHvgNc

Planning on going out tomorrow to find a table and practicing it some more until I either get it or at least get another step towards getting it.

Also, today was a big jam (my first jam ever) with 2 of the teams I've been learning from. I'm not in the video, because I was kinda filming, but yea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C76LZXK_BSc

Good stuff, but uhh... "the bomb"? Really? :p

Saw this thing the other day, maybe you've seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fouvwilGWc

One of the guys training with us yelled it out when the guy in the purple shirt hesitate on the precision at 1:28

And yea, that video is pretty huge, makes everyone who can't go incredibly jealous. Such an amazing gym, and to learn under the Tempest team would be one of the greatest things ever.

That looked amazing. I've always thought freerunning was pretty awesome. I wish I was able to do anything 1/10th as rad as that. :(

That looked amazing. I've always thought freerunning was pretty awesome. I wish I was able to do anything 1/10th as rad as that. :(

Honestly, you can. Find yourself an open gym somewhere, or a team/group near you and try to learn a bit of it. Some guy with no experience in parkour came out today and in a matter of 10 minutes he had 5 vaults and the beginning of a cat hang under his belt. All you really need is A) a safe place to train B)People to train with/learn from C) Confidence and determination.

EDIT: Shit Shamrock, PA has a fairly large parkour/freerun community. There's gonna be a jam in Quakertown on April 23, you should totally go. Jams are awesome places to learn things and overcome fears. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=142282579171610

Massive thread bump because I didn't wanna start a new thread.

A while ago I tried to enlist in the Army and got denied. KA told me that enlisting would've been the stupidest thing I could've done. While I've been training I contemplated the idea of college. A couple months ago I decided to take a shot with a few and see what came about. And much to my surprise, I got into one. My parents also agreed to let me live away for a year to see what that's like. So by the end of August, I'll be living in an ex-hotel that the school bought out about 1/2 hour away.

Oh and I bought a new car :3
225657_220204918006341_100000505037959_913454_1844748_n.jpg

But seriously, the members of this forum are awesome. You guys helped me out a ton in the past few months and I don't think I couldn't thank you enough. <3 you HL2.net.

kind of a head scratcher as to why you'd enlist in the first place when your parents could afford to send you to school and pay for room and board off campus

besides joining a monastery enlisting would be dead last on my list but I guess to each is own

kind of a head scratcher as to why you'd enlist in the first place when your parents could afford to send you to school and pay for room and board off campus

besides joining a monastery enlisting would be dead last on my list but I guess to each is own

I can only afford to live away for one year, so I was looking at the Army for some extra money on top of the training.

Or you know, he wanted to serve his country and defend free democracy around the globe?

I doubt that I can make you understand this without changing the way you think though. :/

Anyway, nice car. And congrats on getting into college; education is always good. Any new plans for the future?

Or you know, he wanted to serve his country and defend free democracy around the globe?

I doubt that I can make you understand this without changing the way you think though. :/

Anyway, nice car. And congrats on getting into college; education is always good. Any new plans for the future?

Thanks Numbers, and yea, going to focus on health/fitness for a major/careers. Still tempted to try the ROTC too.

hahahaha oh Numbers you're so naive. I'm surprised you said it with a straight face. btw I have [STRIKE]swamp[/STRIKE] land in florida for sale. real cheap just for you

brainwashing seems to have worked for you. although now that know I'll be better able to resist it's mind numbing effects.

Back