DECIPHER the new white board pics!

It's not just a game. IT'S THE NEW REVOLUTION! A GIFT SENT FROM THE GODS ABOVE!!

...No, really, It's just a game.

KingPing_NOR said:
You poor man you. Getting all delusenal. It is YOU who need help :p

Ahhhh. Its so common. Denial. P00r baby. Don't worry, HL2 will be released soon.

The second this turns into a flame war, is the same second it'll get closed.

Keep on topic guys.

There's no deciphering required

it's quite blatantly an indication that they are finished and are aware of the previous "white board decipherings"

the drawings are meant as a joke, and that the game is pretty much done

ammm ok i saw the 2nd picture... maybe the G-MAN is makeing time-travel shit... if you look... near the sand guy theres a name... Alyx...

Basically I think they are just saying that the game is coming soon. Hence the sands of time running out, the cock crowing heralding a new era of gaming (or it's coming out tomorrow morning :p ).

And the old Freeman seems like a reference to the fact that a fairly great deal of time has passed since the original game, and hints to some sort of cryogenic storage or time travel being used to keep Freeman young for the G-Mans purposes. Backed up by the fact the G-Man tells Freeman to "wake up and smell the ashes" in the E3 Videos, I'm sure he wouldn't just be standing over your bed in Freemans semi-detached.

Or they are saying that by the time we get the game we will all be too ancient to play Gordon ;)

It's done. Just waiting for the technicals. If it isn't done. Wow..just wow.

GO GO Gadget STEAM! Spread the JOY.

wonkers said:
I thought that was DOD....like hey ...maybe DOD is the MP...or not. or yes

I am leaning on TF2 thought. who isn't ?

TF2 has been confirmed some time now that it is not HL2 MP.

Alot of the whiteboard pics, symbols, etc. seems to be just little hints that there almost done and soom time has passed, as if we didnt know that already. ;)

I thought the Dod thingy looked like it should be rotated around the purple center, like the rectangles around the cirlcles below, but i don't know how.
edit:eek:h, and i think in the one with old gordan, I think it says
"G-man denounment?" under "gman intro"

I remeber something about gabe being a big fan of world of warcraft, nigh alf is probably just his charachter or something, didnt smoozy say gabe showed me his night alf?

Orange said:
I thought the Dod thingy looked like it should be rotated around the purple center, like the rectangles around the cirlcles below, but i don't know how.
edit:eek:h, and i think in the one with old gordan, I think it says
"G-man denounment?" under "gman intro"
I believe its not denounment but denouement

what is night alf? i saw the picture and its hillarious, but is he from something? (other than alf, im not a moron)

ahh that makes sense

night alf is (again) a pun on night elf. under Night Alf is a Night Elf demon hunter from warcraft 3

New idea, have you heard the rumor that Halflife 2 will have something to do with a time machine?? Well maybe the old gordon means he will go forward in time and he'l die then youl get to play gordon in the alternate dimension where he doesnt take the time machine, and just gets old and you get to play old gordon!

Also in the bink "Pscyche" video it says something about 30ML of a drug, sustained alpha radiation,a seizure muscalur "catonia?", and gordon freeman, my guess with that and the old gordon is that due to the radiation he was exposed to he has the possibility of fast aging syndrome when exposed to a certain chemical, and maybe the GMan knows it and trys to kill him! The Gman owns all

It looks to me like the rooster is trying to pull that sand timer thingy off the clock... WHY!?

I think HL2 is comming out September 1st!

ANOTHER IDEA! See in that second pic the rooster is trying to pull the sand timer off the clock with halflife on it, and it says "People who care" and it has the old gordon and the old Reaper dude with scythe and the sand is alost out, well none of us want gordon to die, the sand timer represents the time gordon has to live, and the rooster is us once we find out what this means, which is we dont want gordon to die, but i think he will die

Well, my interpretation wasn't that the rooster was trying to pull it off... to me it looks like it's crowing. Also I think that is supposed to represent Father Time, not the grim reaper. *shrug*

Decided to email Gabe and see if there was anything important for the second test that was cut out. Gabe I guess forwarded it to Greg and heres what I got.

Hi, XXXX.
No, nothing important on those whiteboards.
-Greg

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 1:57 PM
To: Greg Coomer
Subject: FW: Missing portion for Whiteboard puzzle?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 8:26 AM
To: Gabe Newell
Subject: Missing portion for Whiteboard puzzle?

Over at the Halflife2.net forums Shmozy posted his visit to VALVe. He
posted two pictures of the whiteboard, heres both of them.
http://img3.exs.cx/img3/2208/White-bored.jpg and
http://img20.exs.cx/img20/4497/White-Bored2.jpg . Now I've been studying
it and trying to figure out stuff, but I've noticed in both the pictures
stuff has gotten cut off from the bottom. Was anything vital or
important to figuring out the second test on the bottom of the
whiteboard?

So I guess this isn't a part of the second test....

Confirmation!!

By denial, they are confirming that I am correct in deducting that Gordon goes forward in time, to go back in time and kill himself before causing the accident, thereby saving the world, and destroying himself.

But then he'd also have destroyed his chances to save the world in the future by going back in time to kill himself.

Damn... :rolling:

Homercidal said:
Confirmation!!

By denial, they are confirming that I am correct in deducting that Gordon goes forward in time, to go back in time and kill himself before causing the accident, thereby saving the world, and destroying himself.

But then he'd also have destroyed his chances to save the world in the future by going back in time to kill himself.

Damn... :rolling:

Your head a splode

[/Strongbad joke]

Mr-Fusion said:
Looks like illidan.

That's night alf - http://cray.onego***/~cleoaq/onegochat/fotos/alf.jpg

But the rooster, sitting on the sandtimer which is sitting on a grandfather clock with the grim reaper standing next to it....is just disturbing. I'm actually frightened by that.

Yea I thought it looked like Illidan too.

kaf11 said:
what is night alf? i saw the picture and its hillarious, but is he from something? (other than alf, im not a moron)

No Night Alf is probably someone "goofing" around. I swear to god if Im playing HL2 and I hear someone say "But Willie" (another favorite line of Alf") and see the little furball I will never buy another piece of software sponsored by Valve for a week.

:)

Anyway ALF was a "sitcom" in the late 80's:

On September 22, 1986, a brown furry loveable alien named Gordon Shumway crashed his spaceship into the Los Angeles home of the Tanners (Willie, Kate, Lynn, and Brian) They immediately took him into their home and their hearts. They named him ALF short for Alien Life Form.

For four wonderful years ALF lived with the Tanners always elusively avoiding house guests, chasing the family cat Lucky, eating everything insight, and breaking anything with value. But they always loved the Old ALFer!

Apparently alos ALF is having renewed "success" with teh 800 commercials and a "talk show" on TV land.

I had to look this up I did not know this....stop looking at me that way......

Back