DECIPHER the new white board pics!

white board puzzles....fun, but i'd rather see a preload start :sleep:

Oh boy. Look at Gordon Freeman over there. I hope that's not an indication as to how long we have to wait. :LOL:

Well one of thems night vision alf and the other one is a hero for warcraft 3(cant think of the name, something like demonhunter i think)

Well I'll just post here instead on the visit thread info. This is all I've got so far.

Already figured something out on the whiteboard. The Matt : ( refers to Matthew Wood who's alias is ROCKSOCKM, Matthew Wood is working on DNF....

Also, second picture with the father time, the grandfather clock, the bird and the sun I believe all have a meaning(Like one of those drawings that turns to words)

Looks like illidan.

That's night alf - http://cray.onego***/~cleoaq/onegochat/fotos/alf.jpg

But the rooster, sitting on the sandtimer which is sitting on a grandfather clock with the grim reaper standing next to it....is just disturbing. I'm actually frightened by that.

It means they are still working on HL2. Look at all the question marks.

From the looks of it, they still have quite a number of decisions to make. That first pic looks like things they still have to do!

Boards deciphered: game is not done. Perhaps not even close. Wait until board reads "Go home." or "Get sleep." to be excited. I am thrilled that it looks like we'll finally get a game set in the wonderful town of Odessa, Kansas. Or maybe Missouri. Perhaps City 23 or something :-P.

If there was anything they wanted us to ponder about on that board, I believe it would be outside the boundaries of these photos.

I got nothing. Anyone with better eye than I?

Stan R.

Dedatorv said:
Well I'll just post here instead on the visit thread info. This is all I've got so far.

Already figured something out on the whiteboard. The Matt : ( refers to Matthew Wood who's alias is ROCKSOCKM, Matthew Wood is working on DNF....

Also, second picture with the father time, the grandfather clock, the bird and the sun I believe all have a meaning(Like one of those drawings that turns to words)

looks like you're onto something.... maybe "hl2 might come out before DNF" :D

and the list of stuff is probably bugs...not whole new things to do.

well the attached image is from the white board, and I can tell you that the first part means "entrance" or "enter" or "place of entry" in Japanese. And the second bit is the lambda squared sign so I guess that means "Enter HL2".

Problem is that it is next to an old Gordon, so does that mean that we will be waiting for a long time for HL2 to enter the world....??

Attachments

• clue1.jpg
    clue1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 603
denlife7 said:
well the attached image is from the white board, and I can tell you that the first part means "entrance" or "enter" or "place of entry" in Japanese. And the second bit is the lambda squared sign so I guess that means "Enter HL2".

Problem is that it is next to an old Gordon, so does that mean that we will be waiting for a long time for HL2 to enter the world....??

Well, I don't know about you guys, but we use those dry erase boards at work a lot, and sometimes they go months without being cleaned. Hopefully this is the case here, hehe.

The sand is running out on the HL clock, and the rooster is crowing, waking up the day. Maybe it means that they're done?

Hrmm.

You can see the word 'Alyx' above the tombstone.

Maybe Alyx dies? :rolleyes:

there may be an indication of a new vehicle, they say jeep instead of buggy and turret instead of gauss or whatever.

I seem to remember a certain demo that involved the lines "Rise and shine Mr. Freeman, rise and shine..." So, maybe it's the rooster crowing at the rising sun.

On the other hand, that whole illustration could be about time running out: *old* Father Time, *old* Gordon (with the "waiting" speech bubble), the sand timers on the wrong side of youth, and the "grandfather" clock. All topped by the rooster straining for a dump, or crowing its brains out calling for the damn game to be finished... depends on how you look at it really.

That whiteboard in particular is a pure setup, and done purely to generate threads like these!

BBMcGinty said:
That whiteboard in particular is a pure setup, and done purely to generate threads like these!

As long as it passes time without a ton of flaming it's all good. We need something to distract us, even if just for a little bit.

I wasn't knocking it at all. Good way to waste time as you said, and just goes to show that they do indeed love us!

Lol, or at least want us to leave them alone for a bit. :)

I can see that.. "Hey, we have a guy coming over.... go draw some random crap on the boards!"

shmozy said that the valve guys asked him to take a picture of the boards, now why would they do that? Maybe they are just trying to screw with our heads and mislead us!

The "Odessa Scene" on the board sorta intrigued me because it's the name of a city in the Ukraine. Since HL2 takes place in Eastern Europe apparently, it may have some significance. Maybe that's where HL2 actually takes place!

Odessa Info:

http://studyrus.com/odessa.html

Hmmm, abe2000 posted a tutorial on making your own CS:Source spray here. I know what my spray is gonna consist of now, some good ol' valve doodles, that way the conspiracy can live forever in Source. Long live grandaddy freeman.

denlife7 said:

The first symbol is fire in Japanese, something I learned from language class in 6th grade.

Edits:

The second one looks like the letter C in heiroglyphics, but it could be in Japanese... like how the word nine here means nine but in germany it means "No, Not, Never" >.>

And then you have the HL symbol, so it could mean Fire Cup Halflife...? Or Hot Cup as in Coffee, indicating that they must be consuming large ammounts of coffee to stay awake or something. bleh, i'm getting too overacted.

I figured it out. SPOILER

SPOILER: Night Alf is the final boss in Half-Life 2.

AlaskanStewie said:
The first symbol is fire in Japanese, something I learned from language class in 6th grade.

Edits:

The second one looks like the letter C in heiroglyphics, but it could be in Japanese... like how the word nine here means nine but in germany it means "No, Not, Never" >.>

And then you have the HL symbol, so it could mean Fire Cup Halflife...? Or Hot Cup as in Coffee, indicating that they must be consuming large ammounts of coffee to stay awake or something. bleh, i'm getting too overacted.
Actually, it is the Chinese character for entrance. Fire has 2 strokes on either side, and is person rather than entrance in the middle.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    2.7 KB · Views: 363
Zento said:
Actually, it is the Chinese character for entrance. Fire has 2 strokes on either side, and is person rather than entrance in the middle.
lol guys what are you talking about?
it has nothing to do with entrance...

It just says lol² !

Board 2

At the very extreme bottom right there are 2 arabic words. I dont understand em though... 'Kern Dedah' or something. Some of the symbols that define letters are missing. I think its just something set up by valve. Maybe someone better at understanding arabic can read it.

If you take 'Night Alf' and mix it up, you get these...something could lead on from here?

FANLIGHT
FLAG THIN
FLAG HINT
FLAG NTH I
FANG HILT
HALF TING
FLAT NIGH
FAN LIGHT
HAG FLINT
HANG FLIT
HANG LIFT
NAG FILTH