Descent: Freespace

Higlac

Companion Cube
Reaction score
has anyone here played Descent: Freespace? its kind of old but its an awesome game.

Yes, awesome game. I prefer Freespace 2 though, much because of the insane and hectic battles between fighters and capital ships.

Great series, too bad we're never going to see a third installment.

i dont have the second i found the first behind my comp tower just now its probably been there for several years im installing it now

i dont have the second i found the first behind my comp tower just now its probably been there for several years im installing it now
Definitely grab the sequel. Most reckon that 2 is the better game, but I think they're equally class... although there's none of that shield BS in the first game, makes you a real pilot.

Definitely grab the sequel. Most reckon that 2 is the better game, but I think they're equally class... although there's none of that shield BS in the first game, makes you a real pilot.

They are both really great. FS2 has tons of great features over the first one though. Beam cannons, flak cannons, nebula combat... it's great. btw, FS1 had shields, you got them shortly after you met the Shivans.

They are both really great. FS2 has tons of great features over the first one though. Beam cannons, flak cannons, nebula combat... it's great. btw, FS1 had shields, you got them shortly after you met the Shivans.
Yeah, but it's later on in the game when you steal the Dragon fighter (awesome part, by the way) Plus, FS2 doesn't have that fantastic moment where you initially ally with the Vasudans to fight the Shivan threat. What was once your greatest enemy is now your closest friend.

has ne1 ever managed to actually kill one of the shivans in the first mission that u see them where they totally destroy everything?

This was one of those games that appeared on Demo Discs back when my PC wasn't really capable, so I forgot about it after playing and enjoying the demo. Years later when I remember about it, they no longer sell it anymore :( Shame. Yes I know there's an abandonware version out there somewhere. Not the same, especially when I'll probably have to wrestle to get it working. Alas, that Plane has Sailed.

Back