Deus ex 3 new trailer (also delayed till early 2011)

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
At first I was like, "God damn, another cinematic trailer?"

Then I got excited anyways. ****ing awesome trailer. I want to be skeptical of this game, I want to so bad... but **** me its getting hard. I think a media blackout is in order. Maybe after the first gameplay video, just to make sure the things suggested in this cinematic video aren't bullshit.

nice, but I'd rather have a video showing the gameplay.

I would give the Dev bonus points if the player is somehow involved in blowing the Statue of Liberty.

Fantastic cinematic. I really want this game to be good, but with no gameplay to go off, I'm still nervous for it.

nice to see a game going back to sleek realistic style future rather that gritty grey

have to finish the first game first though

and yes trailer was decent,not like all trailers that are "omfg you must save the world look at this scenes in fast cuts!"

wow, that was great
this game's definitely on my radar now

*overly dramatic voice*

"The year is 2027"

Hahahahahah...... Ahhahahaahahah

Good one...

might as well be:

"People love machines in 2029 A.D." :)

Wow... that's a pretty fantastic cinematic... time to watch it again in HD...

Fantastic.

I wasn't aware of any release date, so early 2011 doesn't sound too bad.

Impressive trailer...but what the fewk? Isn't this supposed to be a prequel? Kind of hard to believe all this high tech Ghost in the Shell shit takes place before DX1.

Its all about mechanical augs now, rather than nano augs. Mechanical augs could pretty much do the same kind of stuff, they're just really intrusive and... visible.

I'm sorry to say this but I have Deus Ex and never played it. I got it during a Steam deal but I have buttloads of games to finish and or start. being a gamer with so many choices is hard!

Being a gamer, there is no choice. Play Deus Ex now.

I won't put Red Dead on hold like that but I'm also playing Bioshock 2 cuz I'm renting it from gamefly. I heard Bioshock 2 really picks up towards the end

I didn't know it was a prequel... I never really thought about it I just thought it looked awesome.

edit: I heard Bioshock 2 sucked. It looked like it sucked. You can play Deus Ex and have more fun than both games combined. That's the game.

That trailer is simply great. It definitely has some soul. Setting, mood and atmosphere seem spot on.

Its all about mechanical augs now, rather than nano augs. Mechanical augs could pretty much do the same kind of stuff, they're just really intrusive and... visible.

Gunther and Anna sure as shit didn't look anything like that. I guess it's just a stylistic choice on their part but it's kind of funny to think they'll be ditching those fancy VTOL ships for regular helicopters in 20 years. It's pretty much the Star Wars prequel treatment where everything looks ten times more advanced and futuristic despite being set prior to the originals.

Although none of that really matters as long as they can make a good game. Sounds promising in interviews and whatnot but until they actually show off the game itself I'm remaining unconvinced.

I won't put Red Dead on hold like that but I'm also playing Bioshock 2 cuz I'm renting it from gamefly. I heard Bioshock 2 really picks up towards the end

You should though IMO deus ex is the best game ever made. I put all my new games at xmas that year on hold to play it :LOL:

and as for bioshock 2 it does get better towards the end MUCH BETTER. I thought the game was pretty dire to begin with but after the first 1/3 to 1/2 of it it got really good and I think is a pretty damn good sequel overall even if it is a strong contender for most unnecessary sequel ever o_O

Looks excellent, but I feel it suffered greatly from the "Star Wars Prequel" condition, where all the tech looked years ahead of the original.

That was a ton of action though, I'll reserve my real judgement for the gameplay videos.

it's kind of funny to think they'll be ditching those fancy VTOL ships for regular helicopters in 20 years.

Also, wtf, this.

I'm sorry to say this but I have Deus Ex and never played it.

Well soon would be a great time to start since it's coming out in 2011.

It looks relatively interesting, but I just can't picture this as preceding Deus Ex.

I'm sorry to say this but I have Deus Ex and never played it. I got it during a Steam deal but I have buttloads of games to finish and or start. being a gamer with so many choices is hard!

ima gaymer, i never playd deussex, is it good? :monkee::cat:

It was a stealth helicopter... I think that it would be pretty easy to stop a big loud jet engined VTOL thinger....

I dunno though, Deus Ex was made a long time ago and there was never a lot of referece to the "futuristic technology" except advanced AI and nanotechnology... But from the video it doesn't look like... dramatically more advanced. Guys in robo-suits and mechanical arms... buildings of today with more crap on them... and a jet powered VTOL.

Certainly not in Detroit...

Ever been to Times Square? Just look at downtown Tokyo...

Some in-game screens:

9x7jv.jpg

84kbf.jpg

35k4s.jpg

More

Graphics look good, but we can only pray (to the Jesus) that it's not one of those shitty modern FPS's, although I have to assume we'll be seeing "Press A to Jump" to vault over things...

Eliza...so that's the name of sexy anchorwoman.

On a side note, I think Adam looks goofy as hell when he opens his mouth when running.

Instead of an angry gasp for air, it looks like this really awkward/creepy smile.

damn, I wasn't very interested in this before but after the trailer and those screenshots it actually looks promising. I sure hope it can live up to the original

Looks great, but looks more like the sequel Deus Ex 1 never had. Electric billboards and golden skys are all very well and good, but I can only assume Mr Jensen is involved in their utter obliteration by 2052.

edit: Involved in the destruction of the Statue of Liberty? I can't decide whether it's essential to go there for it to be a Deus Ex game or not. May as well blow shit up if we do.

OMG I think i'm going to pass out from excitement :D

CG movies are cool, but I'll wait for gameplay.

It looks relatively interesting, but I just can't picture this as preceding Deus Ex.

Think of it as a reimagining :cheers:

Anyway I wasn't convinced of the project till I heard one of the augmentations includes a Claymore Chest

Haha I agree with the Christian Bale comment!

It was good to read in that interview that they are taking their time and not rushing, definitely a good thing.

Game is looking good so far, and yeah it looks a lot shinier than DX 1 for being set in the past, but I'm sure they would have done the same with DX 1 if they had the graphical capabilities back then.

Back