Deus ex 3 new trailer (also delayed till early 2011)

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
It looks relatively interesting, but I just can't picture this as preceding Deus Ex.

Suspension of disbelief. Technical capabilities of CGI and modern PCs. If Deus Ex was made today, it will be more hi-tech. Just use your imagination to make things match.

Some in-game screens:

More

Alright, I'm back to skepticism. I hope those aren't actually gameplay screens, and instead are just posed for them.

I really hope melee isn't one of those things where you hit the melee button and it performs a canned animation that kills the guy for you, like we've seen in other games.

Suspension of disbelief. Technical capabilities of CGI and modern PCs. If Deus Ex was made today, it will be more hi-tech. Just use your imagination to make things match.

I'm almost certain that's not what he meant.

Nice trailer.

In no way does it allay my fears that this game will fail.

I thought the trailer was pretty garbage, went on for far too long and said way too much. Been meaning to take the time to play Dues Ex for a while.

Alright, I'm back to skepticism. I hope those aren't actually gameplay screens, and instead are just posed for them.

I really hope melee isn't one of those things where you hit the melee button and it performs a canned animation that kills the guy for you, like we've seen in other games.

I agree this would be a shame, but it wouldn't be a game killer for me. after all one click from behind with a melee weapon in DX1 took out an enemy right? (at least, the prod and stun baton). Why not add an animation?

Anyway, with a 2011 release anything could change. let's just keep our fingers crossed for a good game!

On a side note, during my current DX1 play through, I got past NY on the first mission and realized I missed the health center at Hells Kitchen! Grr, tempted to restart the game, I forget what's inside.

I ****ing hate trailer cinematics.

you sir are the evolved gamer

I for one could care less, it brings more people into the fold which could be bad in the long run.

anyway:

deusex.jpg

should be done in 15 mins! can't wait to try it out

Trailer is amazing. At the very least, I'm digging the setting and technology on display. I can suspend my disbelief far enough to believe that this preceded the nano-tech in DX1 - just look at Anna and Gunther.

Screenshots look good graphically, not too 'shiny' or plastic or whatever, actually quite similar in style to Invisible War (which isn't a horrible thing if you ignore the implications of that :p). I was skeptical about the partial first-person thing, ala R6 Vegas, but having seen it I can picture it working a lot better in an FPS/RPG than in a tactical shooter. Even better if you can actually see your character's mods depending on what you chose to upgrade.

Anyway, not gonna fangasm until they show us some gameplay. Here's hoping they spill the beans at E3.

you sir are the evolved gamer

I for one could care less, it brings more people into the fold which could be bad in the long run.

The trailer is just devoid of information and spends too much time stringing together action shots with cliched statements of vague importance. So while it looks amazing, it's actually managed to kill my hope of this being a game I want to play. It wants to fool you into thinking this is going to be about some deep, serious shit, but it's all just a set up for WOOO ROTATING HAND WEAPON. The whole "badass" neck-snapping scene makes me doubt they can handle their material with any seriousness like the first game did.

But more than anything, I'm annoyed when trailers like these are released and people think having a fancy CGI ad suddenly means your game isn't bullshit.

The trailer is just devoid of information and spends too much time stringing together action shots with cliched statements of vague importance. So while it looks amazing, it's actually managed to kill my hope of this being a game I want to play. It wants to fool you into thinking this is going to be about some deep, serious shit, but it's all just a set up for WOOO ROTATING HAND WEAPON. The whole "badass" neck-snapping scene makes me doubt they can handle their material with any seriousness like the first game did.

But more than anything, I'm annoyed when trailers like these are released and people think having a fancy CGI ad suddenly means your game isn't bullshit.

Thing with DX games is, they aren't going to give away the plot in a trailer, that would go against the games ideals. Unlike most games, they don't want us to know the plot right off the bat. So they instead show some of the games features and characters, as well as settings etc. Have you played DX 1 by chance?

Like twenty god damn times.

I'm not saying a trailer needs to give away the game's whole plot. But if you're going to go through the effort of getting all dramatic with silly, pompous sound clips with no context while playing that god damn "wailing female singer" track in the background and pretend your game has some actual gravitas, you should convey some kind of narrative unless you want to look stupid.

"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."

WOW, THAT WAS REAL INSIGHTFUL AND FRESH, ADAM. THIS IS THE KIND OF SHIT THAT'S GOING TO BLOW EVERY HIGH SCHOOL XBOX FGT'S MIND ONCE THEY REMOVE THEIR DICKS FROM THEIR MODERN WARFARE DISCS.

Haha. Modern Warfare. Right guys. Gosh.

Seriously, it's a cinematic trailer, they never make any kind of cohesive sense. Nothing wrong with a bit of eye candy, substance or no.

From a PC Gamer article:

" * Enhanced vision: See through walls, analyse structures for weak spots to smash through (so not all walls will be breakable, sadly)
* Mind reading
* Mind control: There will be social repurcussions for using this.
* Cloak
* Claymore
* "Icarus landing system": :Lets you drop from heights silently and safely, or if you hold the fire button, you slam into the ground and stun nearby enemies.
* Strength: As with Deus Ex, but also dampens recoil, and later on lets you punch through selected walls.
* Wrist blades
* Hacking module
* Mysterious splayed hand"

Supposedly 19 overall

"# Augmentations are bought with cash from "Limb Clinics," and once bought, they are then upgraded with XP to reflect Adam getting used to them. They start with basic functionality, but higher levels add extra features, rather than just making them more powerful. I'm fine with this system.
# In addition to your arms, there are 19 other augs to choose from (and it seems you can buy them in any order, as long as you have the cash - this is just the impression I get, however.) Each aug has 4 or 5 extra functions unlocked with XP."

"#You can pick up bodies - dead or alive, though I sense only "alive" if they're unconscious - and hide them.
#Guards can revive other unconscious guards."

I don't see anything here I don't like. I wonder if the maps will be as multi-pathed as the first. The Icarus Landing System seems like it would either be a useless upgrade or an essential one if levels are fairly linear. Mind reading sounds really cool though.

Haha. Modern Warfare. Right guys. Gosh.

Seriously, it's a cinematic trailer, they never make any kind of cohesive sense. Nothing wrong with a bit of eye candy, substance or no.

Yeah, I just find it a little silly how some people (who usually demonstrate a fair amount of sense) are pulling out the "HOLY SHIT, FIRST DAY PURCHASE" card for this overly dramatic action movie trailer.

Yeah, I just find it a little silly how some people (who usually demonstrate a fair amount of sense) are pulling out the "HOLY SHIT, FIRST DAY PURCHASE" card for this overly dramatic action movie trailer.

You should see a shrink. You're reading things that were never typed.

Not specifically talking about this forum. More relevant to this forum: That trailer was awful.

This thread reminded me that I never finished Deus Ex 2.

Finished the first three times though, first time on the PS2 and the others on the PC GOTY version.

One of my favorite games of all time without any question.

i need to play deus ex again. God damnit i've still not played red dead redemption or alan wake yet either argh!

ok, so I tried Deus Ex and the ****ing sound is all scratchy and really annoying. I'm going to scour the internet for a fix but I will just play the PS2 version if this doesn't work

Like twenty god damn times.

I'm not saying a trailer needs to give away the game's whole plot. But if you're going to go through the effort of getting all dramatic with silly, pompous sound clips with no context while playing that god damn "wailing female singer" track in the background and pretend your game has some actual gravitas, you should convey some kind of narrative unless you want to look stupid.

"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."

WOW, THAT WAS REAL INSIGHTFUL AND FRESH, ADAM. THIS IS THE KIND OF SHIT THAT'S GOING TO BLOW EVERY HIGH SCHOOL XBOX FGT'S MIND ONCE THEY REMOVE THEIR DICKS FROM THEIR MODERN WARFARE DISCS.

getting mad at cinematics ITT

I think the trailer showed us everything it needed to show us really. Adam gets beat the **** up, gets his limbs replaced, I guess there might be a girl involved thats always motivation in just about everything, and from the looks of it there might be government conspiracy too (which is expected because cmon this is Deus Ex). Mix that all in with a bunch of action and you have every trailer ever made.

Were you waiting for Adam Jensen to start telling you his life story or what

getting mad at cinematics ITT

I think the trailer showed us everything it needed to show us really. Adam gets beat the **** up, gets his limbs replaced, I guess there might be a girl involved thats always motivation in just about everything, and from the looks of it there might be government conspiracy too (which is expected because cmon this is Deus Ex). Mix that all in with a bunch of action and you have every trailer ever made.

Were you waiting for Adam Jensen to start telling you his life story or what

Sheepo;3160432 (and me said:

Also, DX3 diddled me as a child.

Not sure what I said has to do with sheepo's quote seeing as I was just talking about how the trailer pretty much sets up the plot pretty well without giving too much away. You are a cyborg, also there is a government conspiracy is all you really need to know about Deus Ex really

Alright, those two bits. Then everything else is like Inspector Gadget on steroids with inane, generic ramblings that are really just cheesy, pompous lines you've been conditioned to expect from these things. I mean, when has that ever not been worthy of derision? Just cut out all the VO and narration and it would have worked better.

Whatever, I guess it works for a trailer.

Eh it's a trailer it's meant to get people excited for the game. Now if gameplay videos come out and all of them are "LOOK AT HOW ADAM TOTALLY BLOWS UP TEN PEOPLE HAHAHEAHUHASDE" then we might have a problem.

tl;dr Absinthe wants to work for them as a writer

I do agree with you though (absinthe). Setting and theme and story seem like they will be good; presentation of these facets in the trailer was like being cockslapped by every summer blockbuster of the past three decades.

I was a little turned off by some of the "hollywood martial arts" in the trailer, but then I remembered that Deus Ex is the same game that allowed me to jump twenty feet in the air and come down and stab someone in the face with a laser sword so I let it go pretty quickly.

Played for a bit before work, the sound is working fine now but this game is awesome!! theres so many ways to play and kill and sneak I love it! I just wish I had more time in the day to do gaming

there's more screenshots out there, too bad I'm not allowed to post scans here.

Played for a bit before work, the sound is working fine now but this game is awesome!!

I would say "we told you so" but I feel that after a decade of people probably telling you to play it because of how great it is, "told you so" just doesn't cut it at this point. I think "you're still stupid for waiting so long" fits better, but that will sound mean, so I guess I'll just say "glad you're enjoying it... keep playing because it only gets better and better" and be done with this post.

I would say "we told you so" but I feel that after a decade of people probably telling you to play it because of how great it is, "told you so" just doesn't cut it at this point. I think "you're still stupid for waiting so long" fits better, but that will sound mean, so I guess I'll just say "glad you're enjoying it... keep playing because it only gets better and better" and be done with this post.

I had the demo a long time ago from PC gamer I think, but now that I've played it I should make a time machine just to go back and play it. To be a FPS fan and not play this game is like pretending to be a gamer. So far its not as good as HL1, but i'd say its right up there with it in my top 5 so far

Back