Deus Ex: Source Officially Announced. No, it's not a joke :-)

Doomsayer Copyright issues:

I believe Warren Specter is making a game that will be downloadable through Steam

If you can find his contact details, maybe you can ask him his pitch on the whole copyright legitimacy

If you can't find his contact details, maybe you can get them through some other source, possibly Valve or Eidos (my recommendations would be Valve)

Psychic powers? Hell no. If you're going to mod Deus Ex, you are not going to add "mind powers" or "martial arts" or "giant robot Page." You might as well not bother because A) Eidos will slap ya a fresh one B) You don't seem to have a lot of experience.

Omg, some of you people are asses, "Oh you can't do this" "Same game with dif. graphics" Who the hell cares? This would be awesome in the source engine, I hope they can add a few extra things, I do agree however with the copyright buisiness, you'd better get some permission before even thinking about starting this project, or else we won't ever see this, it would be cool.

They're not being assholes, they're being realistic. I'd love to see a Dues Ex mod but that is not an undertaking an unexperienced mod team should attempt due to the complexity of the task and the major copyright infringement issues. Calling people assholes because they are pointing this out is ridiculous. It's going to save this guy alot of time in the long run. Alas, if Doomslayer does pull it off I will eat my words and enjoy the mod.

Well, i hope it works out! Deus Ex:Invisble War was ok, but too simplified, make the HUD and other RPG elements have the complexity of those like the original's.

During my time at university I was hooked on Deus Ex and the later Invisible War.

If I can help at all with story aspects, writing technical documents, collating info, please ask.

Good luck guys, sounds to me like a worthy mod.

Tom.

Back