Different Character

S

SilentKilla

If you could play as a different character, throughout the whole game, or whatever, but which would you pick? I would want to be one of those things that come in at the end of BugBait. He kicks gordon the whole way across the room. That would be awesome.

It would be a lot easier to decide after the game comes out and we know who all the characters are!

Well my first thought is a strider, as I'm sure many people will think. Can't get much better than that! The gunship would also be cool, doing strafing runs as a little Gordon Freeman runs for his life.

I didnt finish the first game, i made it to the last big white guy, is the GMAN human? I mean, he looks human, but some one said he wasnt, and in those pictures, i seen he defiently doesnt look human (the green face stuff).

Originally posted by SilentKilla
I didnt finish the first game, i made it to the last big white guy, is the GMAN human? I mean, he looks human, but some one said he wasnt, and in those pictures, i seen he defiently doesnt look human (the green face stuff).

You need to take a look at the pak0 file for the answer ..

"you are man, he is not man, for you he waits..."

Originally posted by Tredoslop
I would be the G-Man

So you could walk around fixing your tie through every level while all other beings ignore/don't see you?

I think I would like to be Barney. I think hes pretty cool. I enjoyed Blue Shift too (though it was a bit too short, woulda been great if it was longer)

Well, i would most definately be Shepard because what ive seen from the ending of OpFor, he is being cared for and help prisoner until he is needed again (I guess HL2) So that would mean that I would have military skills, cool weapons, and I would be able to work with the gman and freeman.

hmm...seriously...

I'd love to see a headcrab one..

start as headcrab, crawl though air ducts, find helpless victims, eat heads, given the option to then disconnect, or transform into a zombie. But can leave a host at ANY time :)

or perhaps a man hack....hehehe

Headcrab would be awesome. I wouldn't have though so, but you're right. Attatching to hosts and driving around their bodies would be awesome. Too bad you'd never get to use a weapon, though. :/ Oh well, bitch slapping Freeman with my zombie claws would be good enough! :cheese:

if source is anything like the quake/unreal engine, you could have claws/slash attacks. :)

OH!!!

ZOMBIE WITH A CROWBAR!!! muahahahaaaaahahah!!!

I think a headcrab would be boring. Headcrabs, AND zombies move at the speed of a parilysed sloth.

i would be the "Barney" character of hl2, the guy you see running through the streets with you in the E3 vid. Second choice would be a combine.

Half-Life 2: Opposing Combine
EDIT- Damn, top of the page. Gimme a Cookie.

I would play as a strider, that would own.

edit: Comedy option, Gorgon, then let myself get chopped in half.

Black Ops Assassin, except for the unfortunate side-effect of becoming a girl, the agility, speed, accuracy and coolness of the suit (looks like Sam Fischer's...) would result in a very spiffy experience...

scratch me wanting to be the alien thing, i wanna be alyx's sex toy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by NothingMan
except for the unfortunate side-effect of becoming a girl

Play with yourself, you would keep the guys mind right, hahahaha.

Originally posted by guinny
So you could walk around fixing your tie through every level while all other beings ignore/don't see you?
Pretty much, yeah. But there's a lot more about the G-Man than meets the eye. He saved Adrian Shepard's life. He's freaky. George Bush has no power over him!

Originally posted by SnowBall
Half-Life 2: Opposing Combine
EDIT- Damn, top of the page. Gimme a Cookie.

I might consider giving up my cookie if you weren't in the middle of page 1.

Gabe Newell said that they had made a strider drivable while working on the game for their own twisted amusement. I doubt you'll find any pilotable striders in the game but i bet you can mod them to be pilotable.

i reckon being father grigory (not sure on the spelling), going around setting up all these traps.

Originally posted by gnkontis
i reckon being father grigory (not sure on the spelling), going around setting up all these traps.

Now that would be cool. :)

One of the grey-masked Combine, they appear to be the higher ranking, and get access to OICW's and stuff. Lovely ;)

i would be the "Barney" character of hl2, the guy you see running through the streets with you in the E3 vid.

Oh, you mean Barney? :p

Originally posted by El_Chi
Strider'd be a laugh.

Valve said they made a playable Strider model just for fun. I can't wait to see what the mod authors do with this. :)

Ho-hooooooo!!
Ooooh! Strider MP mode - You're all Striders in a designated area of town. You must cause the most amount of destruction to people and property and also to one another. Like this dirty great big Godzilla match in City 17...

you know...I like that strider match idea....max four people like doom3 though. ;) hehehe

that would make a kick ass mode. Strider players vs normal players. Normal players have numerical superiority while strider players have big ass strider superiority

Originally posted by Flyingdebris
that would make a kick ass mode. Strider players vs normal players. Normal players have numerical superiority while strider players have big ass strider superiority

LOL, I can't wait to impale players in MP ;)

Back