Digging up old parts

Asus

Reaction score
So my dad wanted to use one of my case fans since his has became loud. A bearings issue.
I dug around and the first fan I came to was an 80x80x35 Delta. :E (Muttley laugh) he he he he
"Here ya go, dad. It's a little loud though."
"Nothing can be louder than the fan that's in there now."

So tonight I got the fan back. Big surpise. Gave him one that he wouldn't hear. By the way, his PC is under the desk in an enclosed cabinet and that Delta was very loud even under there. He said it sounded like a mixer from the kitchen. ha!

Anyway, I decided to give this bad boy a run using my Athlon 64's stock heatsink.

Check it out
And my everyday temps

New Fan
Temps

And yes it was loud...

Moral of the story...
Only buy Delta fans if you want really low temps but not if you want to keep your hearing.

niiiice. That's quite a drop for air-cooling.

what's the program that displays the temp?

cool though ;)

Hazar said:
what's the program that displays the temp?
I use Motherboard Monitor 5

No way will I ever use that Delta fan in any of my PCs. Not unless I plan to fry my CPU while attempting some massive OC.

I might grab a Thermaltake SLK copper heatsink and use one of my other 80mm fans though. Would be pretty good and still pretty quiet. :)

Asus said:
I use Motherboard Monitor 5

No way will I ever use that Delta fan in any of my PCs. Not unless I plan to fry my CPU while attempting some massive OC.

I might grab a Thermaltake SLK copper heatsink and use one of my other 80mm fans though. Would be pretty good and still pretty quiet. :)

While I agree with the SLK, I think instead of just using "some other" 80mm fan, it would be worth your while to buy a panaflo. :thumbs:

Asus said:
I have one panaflo. :)

Damnit, I need to stop giving hardware advice to you since you all ready know all the shit I do. :(

BTW:

Is that 3000 NewCastle or Winchester? Nice either way. :bounce:

Um, newcastle. Socket 754.

And I don't know were my panaflo fan went to... :|

Asus said:
Um, newcastle. Socket 754.

And I don't know were my panaflo fan went to... :|

Good Luck buying one. If have the hardest time getting a hold of a panaflo. It's like they are made of gold.

my temp readings seem to be wrong
i got a abit ic7 max3
does anyone known how to fix it maybe
if got a cooler master jet 4

old temps:
35c idle
45c max load

new temps abit:
50c idle
60c load

blahblahblah said:
Good Luck buying one. If have the hardest time getting a hold of a panaflo. It's like they are made of gold.

Haven't you heard? They are. I found mine in the mines of Mincth, beyond the mountains of Fryn. I defeated the dragon, and the dwarven master, Deago, rewarded me with this price.

Oh, and nice job on the NewCastle, I bet that baby goes over 3500+ easy. :afro:

Back