Ditch The Cheats

Interloper

Reaction score
I love Half-Life and CS.

I hate cheats.

When I read of all the hacking and cracking that some people do, bearing in mind that it affects what I love and the people that strive to maintain it and improve on it, I get really pissed off.

You only have to read these very forums to see that some people would be quite happy to install a cracked CS source or HL2 game....if they thought they would get away with it. And maybe they will, for now.

Some of them think it's smart to play online with a "little help".

Cmon, what's the point.

I think cheats are in the minority and are either too stupid, too skint or too ego driven to play fairly, but tbh thats no excuse.

Maybe we have to find some way of working together. ( The ones that pay, I mean )

It's not even expensive is it?

There must be some way of eradicating this through the Steam vehicle, surely.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, I hate cheats...all kinds.

And yes, the [Return] key is my favourite.

As somebody who cheated for a long time, I can tell you that I didn't do so because of a lousy ego or because I suck. I'm actually somewhat proficient when it comes to CS.

I just did it because I thought it was fun. And I also liked witnessing the anguish I caused others.

Nice post. And you are right. It's not expensive. I mean the Silver Package was a really good deal. you get like 13 games with it (including the VALVe back catelouge of course) Which was like £40, which is really cheap!

And I think Steam can lower the amount of cheats and hacks and cracks. I mean you can't play the game without a registered Steam account (until the hacked version that doesnt require steam comes out). And VAC can ban people who get caught hacking etc...

Go VALVe!

Absinthe said:
As somebody who cheated for a long time, I can tell you that I didn't do so because of a lousy ego or because I suck. I'm actually somewhat proficient when it comes to CS.

I just did it because I thought it was fun. And I also liked witnessing the anguish I caused others.

I must, say.... Good answer.

Cracked games and what not...i can say im really not complaining, as i do understand some things....ahem..

But cheating via naughty in game stuff..i dont really dig that.

Poping in a server once to cheat and freak them out/piss them off is one thing. Logging on every day to rack up a kill count that shouldnt exist can be wierd...

I use to use cheats all of the time, pretty much throguh all of 1.4. I started to suck after I couldn't bhop anymore, so I started cheating . It's alot more fun that most people think, and ALOT more people hack than alot of you think. If you have hacks, it's easy to tell who's hacking. I'd say in mid 1.5 days, 1 in every 30-40 people had hacks. There are always people (like me) that REALLY make it look like your playing clean, like I would NEVER use aimbot...that's just gay, and no wallhack (not counting ESP). All I would have is ESP on, a bhop script, and no-recoil, no-spread, so I could spray all I wanted (and for those of you that don't know, ESP is a red or blue box that goes around a player that can be seen through walls and shit). For the 6 or 7 months I was hacking, I was only accused of hacking, say 10 times. People would always suspect, but then they would watch me and say I had skill. I was always carefull about not ALWAYS knowing where everyone was. I would perposly not look behind a crate and things like that.

Well, I stopped hacking after 1.6 came out, and I got one of my 5 CD-Keys banned by VAC (which is now unbanned again), and I havn't hacked since.

Remember guys, if you think someone is hacking, really the only way to see if they actually are, is to load up some hacks yourself and spectate them.

HeadcrabOnMyAss said:
I use to use cheats all of the time, pretty much throguh all of 1.4. I started to suck after I couldn't bhop anymore, so I started cheating . It's alot more fun that most people think, and ALOT more people hack than alot of you think. If you have hacks, it's easy to tell who's hacking. I'd say in mid 1.5 days, 1 in every 30-40 people had hacks. There are always people (like me) that REALLY make it look like your playing clean, like I would NEVER use aimbot...that's just gay, and no wallhack (not counting ESP). All I would have is ESP on, a bhop script, and no-recoil, no-spread, so I could spray all I wanted (and for those of you that don't know, ESP is a red or blue box that goes around a player that can be seen through walls and shit). For the 6 or 7 months I was hacking, I was only accused of hacking, say 10 times. People would always suspect, but then they would watch me and say I had skill. I was always carefull about not ALWAYS knowing where everyone was. I would perposly not look behind a crate and things like that.

Well, I stopped hacking after 1.6 came out, and I got one of my 5 CD-Keys banned by VAC (which is now unbanned again), and I havn't hacked since.

Remember guys, if you think someone is hacking, really the only way to see if they actually are, is to load up some hacks yourself and spectate them.

You obviously think your a smart guy....sorry gay.(whatever that means)

I seem justified already in my post. Many people seem to think it's acceptable to cheat...well I don't.

Cheating is cheating. No matter how you paint it.

When you cheat, you're a loser.

im sorry but cheating is just so lame, especially when you try to hide it. if they are making it blatantly obvious its funny, but when people do it every day, seriously, trying to hide it, thats what gets up my goat

I hate cheaters, when I having fun with my buddies, and then some idiot comes and headshots all of us, and then we have to wait a whole round, that's wasting my time, asshole. And my time is important to me because I don't have a lot of it, but you don't have a life so you make your little hacks and scripts to WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME. I wonder, all the people that make viruses that only screw up my computer, do they do it to make people feel bad? That's sad. If it makes you feel good when other people feel bad because of you, it is pathetic. YOU are pathetic, you scumbag. People say "don't take cheaters seriously", well what should I do? Fly around in spectator mode because I die 10 seconds after I spawn? Yeah, that makes my game very fun, especially when I don't have ALOT OF FREE TIME, douchebag. I've played many games with good players, and sometimes I've been "pwned" by them, I watch them and I try to learn from them. I even say things like "nice shot", and "you got me, bastard :)", but when some guy is spinning on the spot pulling headshots, it is not fun. And the fact that you feel good from it bothers me more than the fact that I just died in a weird way. I hate you, you are all the dirt, the filth of the internet. All of you screwheads, you are all the same to me. I don't care what it is you do, if you use cheats or you put viruses on my computer or spam my mailbox, I don't care, you are all the same, and don't say otherwise, cause you're full of shit, man. Go to hell, I'll meet you there and I'll rip you a new one.

/rant (not directed at anyone in particular) :)

GuNzABlaZiN said:
I hate cheaters, when I having fun with my buddies, and then some idiot comes and headshots all of us, and then we have to wait a whole round, that's wasting my time, asshole. And my time is important to me because I don't have a lot of it, but you don't have a life so you make your little hacks and scripts to WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME. I wonder, all the people that make viruses that only screw up my computer, do they do it to make people feel bad? That's sad. If it makes you feel good when other people feel bad because of you, it is pathetic. YOU are pathetic, you scumbag. People say "don't take cheaters seriously", well what should I do? Fly around in spectator mode because I die 10 seconds after I spawn? Yeah, that makes my game very fun, especially when I don't have ALOT OF FREE TIME, douchebag. I've played many games with good players, and sometimes I've been "pwned" by them, I watch them and I try to learn from them. I even say things like "nice shot", and "you got me, bastard :)", but when some guy is spinning on the spot pulling headshots, it is not fun. And the fact that you feel good from it bothers me more than the fact that I just died in a weird way. I hate you, you are all the dirt, the filth of the internet. All of you screwheads, you are all the same to me. I don't care what it is you do, if you use cheats or you put viruses on my computer or spam my mailbox, I don't care, you are all the same, and don't say otherwise, cause you're full of shit, man. Go to hell, I'll meet you there and I'll rip you a new one.

/rant (not directed at anyone in particular) :)

cheating is a reflection of the type of person you are ... i hate cheating ... i downloaded one of them to see what it was like and i hated it ... but i wanted to see what all these cheaters we're dealing with ... i completely agree with gunzablazin ... cheating is cheating ...

Oh ... My God! That Is The Funniest ... Shit ... I've Ever Seen!! Wow ...

Man, i felt kinda sorry for the computer that got bust...

I did download the Stolen Build, but then I bought Gold. So I think I payed my dues. $99.90 to be exact.

Interloper, did you register here just to say that and then flame another person? Talk about being lame..."sorry gay".

i know a guy personally who used to be my friend some years ago...but after some time i realized that he was kind of strange. he was doing shit like shooting on dogs with his airsoft and throwing firecrackers on friends and so on, so i stopped meeting him and well, some months ago i talked to him about cs and he told me that he was cheating and that it was fun! I thought "WOW that really fits his character". I think that people who cheat are people i don't want to have anythink to do with in real life!

I like how people try to rationalize their underhanded and or illegal behaviour. As long as they can convince themselves that it isn't so bad, it will eventually be ok to them. But the thing is, no matter what their defense is, they don't have an argument to back up what they did.

Cheating is for the weak.

Interloper said:
You obviously think your a smart guy....sorry gay.(whatever that means)

I seem justified already in my post. Many people seem to think it's acceptable to cheat...well I don't.

Cheating is cheating. No matter how you paint it.

When you cheat, you're a loser.

Oh, I'm not saying I'm not a loser...infact, anyone who actually posts to a gaming forum is pretty much a loser....haha....anyways...yea. I'm a big 'ol loser. I don't cheat anymore. But would I if there were no VAC? Probably.

It's not like a need cheats to be good. I can constantly maintain a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio easily on any server, just give me an AK and say good-bye to your head.

pixartist said:
i know a guy personally who used to be my friend some years ago...but after some time i realized that he was kind of strange. he was doing shit like shooting on dogs with his airsoft and throwing firecrackers on friends and so on, so i stopped meeting him and well, some months ago i talked to him about cs and he told me that he was cheating and that it was fun! I thought "WOW that really fits his character". I think that people who cheat are people i don't want to have anythink to do with in real life!

if i saw anyone shoot my dog with ANYTHING ... i would beat ... the shit out of him ... :angry:

I tried cheating once, it was lame and I will never do it again. All of the fun wears off after about an hour and that's when you realize how big a loser you are.

if anyone shot my dog with anything, i would BEAT them with with a giant metal dildo, then shove it down their mouth and drag them into the the street.

condition zero = just about evreyone in the game is running some kind of script or hack... last night in the CZ islands defender server some punk names 'bevis" was hacking :sniper: you spec tate him yuo can clearly see in firefight that he just zip headshots evrey time... ~mumbles the lile jerk copys me~ i used to hack 1.5 and i would hack when no ones dead but when ppl died i would act like evreyone else and probly die, this jerk did the same thing the first kill was a zaped headshot but when i got onto him he carelessly died like 6 times to fry his score and tryed to deny it :( and ppl say VAC is a "perfect" program, VAC IS !@#$%!!!!!! secure servers are a joke the only real anti-cheat is the admin! ~spits on VAC~

ne ways he was "trying" to hide it but it was pathetic anyone thats hacked before could clearly see him... and he had his bots "FOV" WAY TO HIGH... and his hitboxes where set to neck and head... it was so pathetic... real cheaters use like 2 "FOV" and chest / arm boxes...

Reading this thread, I have lost respect for some of you.

These games aren't made so you can cause anguish for others. They are made for enjoyment. I don't care if it is fun or not, it is unfair to those who want to play honestly.

I played cs since beta 4, and I was one of those guys who got acused of cheating a LOT. I knew every map like the back of my hand, so I usually knew where people would be hiding/coming from. That got me a lot of accusations, a few bans, and a lot of annoying moments(untill I became a admin myself and I could just kick those jerks).

Cheating ruined cs for me in the end, not because of cheaters, I was a admin so I could ban them, but because every damn noob was positive I was cheating.

Cheaters are people with serious issues, if you get your kicks from ruining a game for others you need your ass kicked. Bad. The anonymity the internet grants is responsible for more assholes than boose and bad parents combined.

The best description of this ever is as follows:

20040319l.jpg

I've never played CS cos it's too slow-paced for me. But an even bigger reason would be the cheaters and lamers who make up a substantial portion of players.

If you cheat in a singleplayer, that's fine - but if you do it in a multiplayer, to get an enfair edge over others or to create anguish, ur the lowest form of gamer there is....Get back into the primordial ooze where you crawled out from and stay there.

Just my 2 cents

...All cheaters aren't bad people in real life, they just may be bored, or if they try to hide it, just want people to think they're good. I have never cheated...not have i ever tried, and yes, it does really piss me off, but there's one thing...just go to another F***ing server, seriously.
Just because someone cheats in a game, doesn't mean they are a bad person, i mean come on...they're not shotting dogs with airsoft guns, or stealing something from you, they're cheating at a friggin game, don't take it to heart. I understand it can be annoying, but you have the power to leave the server...

while cheating doesn't mean a person is totally bad, it's still a bad trait

so the person is still bad...part of him anyway :hmph:

wat's next? bedwetting, shoplifting, arson, murder, etc :rolling:

Cheating is something only a bad person would do. I'm sorry to all the offended cheaters out there, but its very strait forward.

L337_Assasain said:
...All cheaters aren't bad people in real life, they just may be bored, or if they try to hide it, just want people to think they're good. I have never cheated...not have i ever tried, and yes, it does really piss me off, but there's one thing...just go to another F***ing server, seriously.
Just because someone cheats in a game, doesn't mean they are a bad person, i mean come on...they're not shotting dogs with airsoft guns, or stealing something from you, they're cheating at a friggin game, don't take it to heart. I understand it can be annoying, but you have the power to leave the server...

your point does not hold water. If you are a resedent on a server you should not have to leave because some prick is wallhacking, that ruins the game for people who play enough to have favorate servers.

OMG that was so funny. but a little extreme lol. But yeh i don't cheat unless everyone is cheating, but other then that i don't cheat cause i like to know how good i am against other people etc.

i always get owned in cs. i've hacked a few times (not on my comp, at my mate's cuz they did) and we only did it because it was fun. i'm actually quite dissapointed how Steam hasn't managed to block most of them. recently iv'e seen people hack in servers, and they use it blatant obviously.

Cheats are only fun when you audience doesn't have the intellect to ignore you.
Take note of that; the simplest way to beat a cheater is to pretend he doesn't exist.

Interloper said:
I hate cheats. [...] When I read of all the hacking and cracking that some people do [...] You only have to read these very forums to see that some people would be quite happy to install a cracked CS source or HL2 game....if they thought they would get away with it. [...]It's not even expensive is it?[...]Anyway, I just wanted to say, I hate cheats...all kinds.
Ok, you just described four very different kinds of people.

1) CS Cheaters. Pretty much everyone can agree that these guys are scum of the earth. (shame on you, Absithe)
2) HL2 Cheaters. Who cares if someone cheats in a single player game? Seriously.
3) CS/HL2 Pirates (happy to crack). Not all of these folks are bad. Some simply do not have the money to afford the game. Others, sure, are cheap bastards.
4) Hackers. While hackers can be pirates and cheats, they are not nessisarily either.

f|uke said:
Ok, you just described four very different kinds of people.

1) CS Cheaters. Pretty much everyone can agree that these guys are scum of the earth. (shame on you, Absithe)
2) HL2 Cheaters. Who cares if someone cheats in a single player game? Seriously.
3) CS/HL2 Pirates (happy to crack). Not all of these folks are bad. Some really do not have the money to afford the game. Others, sure, are cheap bastards.
4) Hackers. While hackers can be pirates and cheats, they are not nessisarily either.

1. They're not scum; it's not their fault the audience is so willing to give them everything they want.
2. Exactly.
3. Exactly.
4. They can be a pain, though.

Eon Blue said:
1. They're not scum; it's not their fault the audience is so willing to give them everything they want.

Yes, they are scum. They want to make life worse for other people, which makes them scum.

Back