DnB

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I really don't have a bloody clue what has happened to me but over the course of a week I've gone from a fully fledged metal head to listening to drum and bass non stop.

It started off with a friend just sending me a link to a steaming radio (www.bassdrive.com) which seemed great for zoneing out too wile sitting at work. It's now turned out that Brighton (uk) where I'm currently living has a pretty massive drum and bass scene and along with a house mate and friends have been heading out for late Saturday nights at the local clubs. It already makes the average joe club seem pretty pathetic.

So if anyone else listens or knows of some nice heavy DJ's... post please :)

Don't listen to Pendulum. For the love of god.

Artists to check out!

On the light side, try Klute, D. Kay's album Individual Soul, Pacific Heights, Shapeshifter (not "Shapeshifters"), State of Mind.

For neuro (not super heavy, but pretty great - these artists are my favourite artists in the genre), check out Noisia (Stigma, Meedoen, Diplodocus, and Creep Out), Spor (listen to Claret's March, The Resistance, Molehill, Supernova, As Dust Falls), The Upbeats (get Nobody's Out There and/or Big Skeleton)

For heavier stuff (not sure where your boundaries are, but if you've been listening to metal, you should be okay) try Limewax, Audio, The Panacea, Spl, Dieselboy, Technical Itch (old but good), possibly Black Sun Empire? (not that much of a fan, personally, but whatever)

For weird, jungly/dubsteppy stuff, check out the Autonomic Podcast.

Shit to avoid - Pendulum, Logistics, Chase & Status, most of Sub Focus, Pendulum, etc etc

On sat night we saw dilinja + ronie size :)

It was pretty bloody epic, the main problem I have is not knowing any artists. So ill defo check out some of the stuff you have listed above =)

Shit man, that sounds pretty rad. Not really sure about Dillinja these days, but back in the day he was a total junglist dude, made some pretty sweet tunes. And I mean Roni Size basically invented the genre, so... How much does a show like that cost?

Shit man, that sounds pretty rad. Not really sure about Dillinja these days, but back in the day he was a total junglist dude, made some pretty sweet tunes. And I mean Roni Size basically invented the genre, so... How much does a show like that cost?

The tickets where £10 with a £1.50 charge on top of that for no particular reason. The venue is win in walking distance as well so we did'nt spend any extra cash on top for travel. Also spent about £50 on beer, vodka and jagermeister.

That show went on untill 4am, from their we headed down the road about 5mins to a second club, they had a psytrance night no the go so we jumped straight in there and boped the night away, the place closed a 8.30 and they pretty much had to throw us out :p

I like Pendulum, but I certainly wouldnt call them DnB anymore...

Black Sun Empire is a good one, I like some of their stuff. Also I enjoy listening to a bit of High Contrast.

My favourite album overall is Junglesound Gold though. Its hard to explain exactly why, I just really like the progression in tracks. Dillinja is in some tracks, along with DJ Fresh, Adam F, Baron, and of course, Pendulum.

*Hides from KA*

watch

chase and status played our student union this weekend

me, i was at a noah's ark themed house party. **** them

lol at the annotations in the video.

How is that even DnB that shit's like dub step. With an annoying vocal sample.

Get some perspective.

They produced a pretty exceptional dubstep track. Their drum and bass DJing is competent, but nothing special, and their production is pretty much lowest common denominator with a few good points
(Yo no see ah dead man dem
A duppy man dem
We inna nuttin wid dem
De fire haffi bun dem)

So hey I have perspective - they're nothing outstanding, and there's a lot of stuff out there that's better.

lol at the annotations in the video.

How is that even DnB that shit's like dub step. With an annoying vocal sample.

True. I suppose Chase & Status are shit DnB as they more typify dubstep and a bit of jungle. I still don't think KA can really call them shit though.

I didn't mean that they were shit, just that they were shit (ie stuff) to avoid. I would call Pendulum shit, though, but perhaps that's just my irrational grudge with the UTTER TRASH THEY'RE PEDDLING THESE DAYS, THE ****ERS

Also Chase and Status = jungle? Whaaa?

Nout wrong with posting some dubstep here tbh.

Back