Do you guys think this one is real of fake?

why would it say "preparing to play half life 2" and still have dod:s and hl:s on the "coming soon" section?

DrunkPanda said:
why would it say "preparing to play half life 2" and still have dod:s and hl:s on the "coming soon" section?

what he said

DrunkPanda said:

He probably would say he isn't a play tester for those games.

DrunkPanda said:

well in fairness, I don't think we should expect dod:s and hl:s to be availiable on the same day or before HL2... should we?

Arrowhead said:
well in fairness, I don't think we should expect dod:s and hl:s to be availiable on the same day or before HL2... should we?

Half-Life 1: Source will be unlocked on the day Half-Life 2 is released unless they decide to re-do the game like they did with Counter-Strike: Source.

Calhoun said:
He probably would say he isn't a play tester for those games.

lol I don't think you were trying to be funny but that was kinda funny :imu:

People should just stop posting these.

1) Never seen one of them that has not been fake... Steam is more secure than to randomly unlock a game, and valve would apply some liberal boot to ass to whoever leaks out any sort of screenshot (if that was legit valve would be upset, but its fake so who cares)

2) what would you do if it WAS real? I mean you could do nothing.... Which is why you shouldn't get your hopes up... We have like 2 weeks left to go, things like these will keep increasing as the date comes nearer, just ignore them people.

DrunkPanda said:

You have the option of downloading them, you dont technicaly have to.

Fake, the Half-Life 2: Steam at the top should be Half-Life 2- Steam...

I'm usure of that, because the screen capture in the background is from a map that has not been released on CS:S yet. So maybe this person does have access to HL2.

Dougy said:
You have the option of downloading them, you dont technicaly have to.
but those games would be moved to the "available games" list, it wouldn't stay in the coming soon list

It's not a screen capture, it's user art. I remember having that as my 1.5 loading screen over a year ago.

Of course I could be wrong.

OMG!!1 I have HL2 Unlocked!!! look... here's proof!!

Attachments

• real.JPG
    real.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 350
thats cs_militia source map as his wallpaper. where the hell did he get that?!!?!?

One have to wonder why he didn't take any in-game screenshots instead. I'm calling it a fake.

100% fake. The wood is too nice looking from what i've seen in CS:S(no offense), the ground is in the old cs, You can't walk like that, the walls and the boxes are from the old cs. That map isn't available in CS:S Did I miss anything? There ya go..

The background of that picture is not an in game screen shot of Counter Strike Source. He is using it has his splash screen for loading games or more specifically, CS:S.

That picture has been around since the 1.5 days.

http://www.desktop-designz.com/wallpapers/directory/counterstrike/1/images/016.php

Notice the copyright in the corner of the picture.

EDIT:
After taking my time and looking more closely at the picture, in the upper left hand corner, are desktop icons, which means he isn't using it as his splash screen, but is actually just his wallpaper just like the link above.

Bait said:
I'm pretty sure thats fake too.

no.. heres a screenshot i took!!!
its me shooting a town hall building with the gravity gun!

Attachments

• aberdeen-city-hall-1_large.jpg
    aberdeen-city-hall-1_large.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 366
bliink said:
no.. heres a screenshot i took!!!
its me shooting a town hall building with the gravity gun!

OH MY! That looks so real! But, why is there a rock in the street? Your behind the rock.

I so can't wait for HL2 now to play that level and see that town hall. [/sarcasam]

CarLBanks said:
OH MY! That looks so real! But, why is there a rock in the street?

The gman is the rock's father, and the rock is from planet x, one of the new xen planets of joy, in which snarks get toasted and make mini-gordons who are alyx's father and are from the future. Oh, and a combine soldier dies!!!!11 honest!

its fake, why the hell would you take a screen of the steam loading screen instead of a screenshot of the game?

Back